1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '06 23:28
    Originally posted by Gastel
    And how often do you donate to this site?
    Whether I subscribe or donate at ANY site is absolutely none of your business.
    If I did, I wouldn't care to brag about it as though it's some sort of humanitarian act. Unlike some. Hah! 🙄
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Jun '06 23:29
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    BigDogg,

I think that you have misunderstood me. I am not a campainer against you or any other non-subscriber requesting more site features. I perhaps don't believe you will be successful in you quest to get the above differences between the two sites implemented, but I have nothing against the request.

I merely responded to your question on the l ...[text shortened]... so much, why are you campaining for change here, instead of playing chess there?

🙂
    I'm not on a quest to get more features for free on this site.

I find your claim that you paid just to support the server laughable, and about as believable as my hypothetical Wendy's customer.

Paying RHP to stop showing you ads is like paying the telemarketing companies themselves to stop calling you.

The benefits of the 'other' site include unlimited games to joining more teams to the ability to start your own tourneys. And, of course, an avatar next to your name in the forums.

You really think I'm not playing on the other site? Of course I am. The only thing RHP has over that site is forums. Maybe, in a few years, RHP will give their subscribers the same rich chess functionality that the other site offers for free. But I'm not exactly holding my breath.
  3. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    28 Jun '06 23:38
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    If true, your argument only shows that RHP is not a very profitable business compared to Google. If there's few people to see the ads, then there's also few people to pay a subscription fee.
    I don't think you see the whole picture in your statement here. Not everyone that owns a computer plays chess, in fact I would place a wager that the amount of chess players to PC/MAC/whatever other system ratio would be rather small on the chess players side. Most Computer owners do make online searches though. In this regard, the market for chess players is easily smaller than that of Google users.

Again I have no problem with non-subs in forums, I just don't see the need to add more features for them without having them subscribe. I was a non-sub for a period of about 4 months, Originally subscribing so that I may play more games as well. If you don't want to subscribe then thats seems fine with Russ,and I don't have a problem with that either, but also don't complain when you don't get more features for yourself when you aren't paying for them.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 16:17
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    I don't think you see the whole picture in your statement here. Not everyone that owns a computer plays chess, in fact I would place a wager that the amount of chess players to PC/MAC/whatever other system ratio would be rather small on the chess players side. Most Computer owners do make online searches though. In this regard, the market for chess player ...[text shortened]... t complain when you don't get more features for yourself when you aren't paying for them.
    Why would I complain? I already get 20 concurrent games elsewhere.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '06 22:03
    Why would I complain? I already get 20 concurrent games elsewhere.
    Why are you here Big Dog? Not to play chess it seems - why not join yahoo chat and make new friends there... I've never been one for forums being for subs only but you are changing my mind.

Goodbye
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 06:311 edit
    Originally posted by horsey
    Why are you here Big Dog? Not to play chess it seems
    Very good, Sherlock.
  7. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 06:39
    Very good, Sherlock.
    So you admit it.
    You'r nothing but an Internet Troll 😠
  8. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 08:46
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    So you admit it.
    Somehow all this new revelation being shown here suddenly is not really that shocky at all.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 16:141 edit
    So you admit it.
    Playing games or not has nothing to do with trolling. There are trolls here who play lots of games.

Edit: Why do you think forums like "Sprituality" exist? After all, chess has very little to do with such subjects. If someone joined the site just to participate in such discussions, you're committed to bashing them because they don't play chess. Foolish, very foolish.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 16:15
    Somehow all this new revelation being shown here suddenly is not really that shocky at all.
    Why would I lie about not playing games when any chucklehead can look at my profile and see that I'm not?? Do things always move this slowly for you?
  11. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 20:57
    Why would I lie about not playing games when any chucklehead can look at my profile and see that I'm not?? Do things always move this slowly for you?
    1) the only reason I even posted in here was to base my opinion on the thought of a non-sub forum.
    2) As for your game playing status I don't care at all.
    3) I knew long before I made my last post that you don't play games on this site anymore Bowmannesque like if you ask me.
    4) I countered your theory on why google was so successful not collected subscriptions but rather use advertising and gave reason why RHP couldn't do the same.
    5) My last post wasn't directed at you.
    6) This is going to be my last response to this thread.
    7) It may very well be my last response to any of your posts as well.

Be well
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 21:01
    Playing games or not has nothing to do with trolling. There are trolls here who play lots of games.

Edit: Why do you think forums like "Sprituality" exist? After all, chess has very little to do with such subjects. If someone joined the site just to participate in such discussions, you're committed to bashing them because they don't play chess. Foolish, very foolish.
    An aggresive Troll at that 😛
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jul '06 01:51
    An aggresive Troll at that 😛
    No response to any of the topics I raised, as usual.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jul '06 01:52
    1) the only reason I even posted in here was to base my opinion on the thought of a non-sub forum.
    2) As for your game playing status I don't care at all.
    3) I knew long before I made my last post that you don't play games on this site anymore Bowmannesque like if you ask me.
    4) I countered your theory on why google was so successful not collected su ...[text shortened]... is thread.
    7) It may very well be my last response to any of your posts as well.

Be well
    So what was the point of that post? 7 bullet points and nary an explanation of your actual intent?
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    01 Jul '06 02:17
    No response to any of the topics I raised, as usual.
    I have no wish to answer your points.
    I finnished with this thread about page 2.

Like KJ, this is the last time i intend to feed the troll.

enjoy that forum thingy you do 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree