1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 15:13
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    No, I'm not saying that.

I am saying that Crowley started a derogatory thread about a user.

That user then started a derogatory thread about Crowley.

Seems like event number two was the natural result of event number 1.

Frankly, in my opinion, both should have been taken down. If the first had been taken down in a timely fashion, maybe the second wouldn't have happened.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 17:05
    Originally posted by Red Night
    No, I'm not saying that.

I am saying that Crowley started a derogatory thread about a user.

That user then started a derogatory thread about Crowley.

Seems like event number two was the natural result of event number 1.

Frankly, in my opinion, both should have been taken down. If the first had been taken down in a timely fashion, maybe the second wouldn't have happened.
    I may not be up to speed, but I think Crowley questioned VR's 'cyber tuffness'.

If I were to say, "YOU GOT THAT?!~" should I alert and removed everyone that cracks on ME for being Tuff?

WELL? ANSWER ME!

P-
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 17:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I may not be up to speed, but I think Crowley questioned VR's 'cyber tuffness'.

If I were to say, "YOU GOT THAT?!~" should I alert and removed everyone that cracks on ME for being Tuff?

WELL? ANSWER ME!

P-
    I think he did more than attack his cyber tuffness.

VR didn't like the thread and that should have been enough in my opinion.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 18:22

I don't like this thread.

P-
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 19:465 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Actually Seiste started that little round with his "Personal Attack" on me, and don't even bother to ask me which thread that was, because you already know.

Crowley went out of his way to take part of a quote I said (to someone else I might add), and then starts a new thread with it. It sure looks personal to me, don't you think?

If you stop these things at the source, instead of leaving the thread up untill everyone has had a good look at it before removing it, it would stop a lot of the back and forth. ( again I use the Seiste,post)

Duecers was all in in fun it was "if" this and "if" that was all in fun..and Crowley knows that or you guys would have removed it, give it a break, this becomes more than just sillyness!

Who really is the Hypocrite would be quite a debate!!

But if you like the DRAMA, just leave everything as is I guess would be the answer. Perhaps not the correct one, but an answer!
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:16

That's your standard for moderation? IF 1 person "doesn't like a thread" it should be removed??
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:272 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's your standard for moderation? IF 1 person "doesn't like a thread" it should be removed??
    What is your standard? Or is your standard, to just be the opposite of what everyone else is saying. 😛

What do you think would make you a good mod? How nice and civilized you are to people?

Poking fun is ok, when it becomes a personal attack, yes it should always be removed!
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    What is your standard? Or is your standard, to just be the opposite of what everyone else is saying. 😛

What do you think would make you a good mod? How nice and civilized you are to people?

Poking fun is ok, when it becomes a personal attack, yes it should always be removed!
    Gee when you talk, I can barely see RN's lips move!

I'm abundantly fair and think moderation should be a last resort. That makes me qualified to moderate a Forum which is supposed to be free flowing (as all forums should be).

"Personal attacks" is the latest mantra of those who want to stifle expression on these Forums. What exactly that is is undefined and everyone just pours their preconceptions into that glass. Allowing hypersensitive users to define what gets allowed in the Forums is a sure way to make them even more boring than they presently are.
  9. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:44
    Yes. I think if you start a thread that is a personal attack against someone and they complain about the attack it should be removed.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:46
    Yes. I think if you start a thread that is a personal attack against someone and they complain about the attack it should be removed.
    The "Crybaby" standard.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:47
    What are your thoughts about a new setting that would allow people to choose a particular forum based on different standards of moderation? For example, there would no reason for you to ever be upset about the forums not being the way you like because it is as clean and pure as you want. The ones who don't like moderation would have "fled the ship" so to speak.
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:491 edit
    Gee when you talk, I can barely see RN's lips move!

I'm abundantly fair and think moderation should be a last resort. That makes me qualified to moderate a Forum which is supposed to be free flowing (as all forums should be).

"Personal attacks" is the latest mantra of those who want to stifle expression on these Fo ...[text shortened]... s allowed in the Forums is a sure way to make them even more boring than they presently are.
    I have had my battles with Crowley in the forums and in PM's , and it came down to a vote between you and him which would never happen of course, because you wouldn't even be considered for a forum mod. 😛 I would VOTE for HIM in a heartbeat. That should tell you where you stand easily enough huh. 🙂

Why would you see RN's lips move when I talked? Are you slowly losing it?

Was that suppose to mean something? Don't beat around the bush, if you have something to say, say it like a man, if you can!
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:51
    The "Crybaby" standard.
    You are an expert at that "Crybaby" stuff aren't you. 😛 ( Just poking fun at you little guy ) 🙂
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 20:54
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I have had my battles with Crowley in the forums and in PM's , and it came down to a vote between you and him which would never happen of course, because you wouldn't even be considered for a forum mod. 😛 I would VOTE for HIM in a heartbeat. That should tell you where you stand easily enough huh. 🙂

Why would see RN's lips move when I talked? Are you ...[text shortened]... ng? Don't beat around the bush, if you have something to say, say it like a man, if you can!
    I wouldn't expect that someone who supports RN's "Crybaby Standard" as a guide for Forum moderation would vote for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree