This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 06:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    If you want to inform the site admin of a problem there's the Send Feedback system. I've informed Russ of security holes and exploits via that and they've been fixed in hours (and every single time in less than 24).
  3. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 14:45
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    no, I thought about that and if you'd really wanted to help the site admin you'd tell them by PM or feedback and give them chance to fix it. If you wanted to look clever and/or screw up the forums for a while teh way to go about it would be to tell everyone publically before giving the admin chance to fix the vulnerability. I'm pretty sure Microsoft don't pay people to inform the world of vulnerabilities before them!
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 21:49
    Dear XanthosNZ,
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    I'll get a fix for this up tomorrow (today has been consumed with server issues, but I will make it a priority to get this sorted.)
    Kind regards,
    -Russ

Isn't that much better?
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 02:20
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    no, I thought about that and if you'd really wanted to help the site admin you'd tell them by PM or feedback and give them chance to fix it. If you wanted to look clever and/or screw up the forums for a while teh way to go about it would be to tell everyone publically before giving the admin chance to fix the vulnerability. I'm pretty sure Microsoft don't pay people to inform the world of vulnerabilities before them!
    People like yourself aren't worth the time to talk to.

Bye RHP, and good riddance to you. At one time you were a decent site.
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '03
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 04:33
    Economic term for the day (and it's application here)

"Adverse Selection" in the production of "bads"...

Adverse Selection - The "bad" products, customers (or moderators) are more likely to be selected due to information asymmetries.

"Bads" - Is censorship a "good" or a "bad" - something that makes us worse off??

Do we have persons holding unbiased moderating positions who really have antithetical views concerning censorship?

Those with the "will to power" seek that power and delete those posts that do not tickle their palate.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 12:32
    Originally posted by Phillidor284
    Economic term for the day (and it's application here)

"Adverse Selection" in the production of "bads"...

Adverse Selection - The "bad" products, customers (or moderators) are more likely to be selected due to information asymmetries.

"Bads" - Is censorship a "good" or a "bad" - something that makes us worse off??

Do we have persons holding u ...[text shortened]... to power" seek that power and delete those posts that do not tickle their palate.
    What are you talking about? RHP is largely a self-moderating community.

D
  8. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 13:19
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    People like yourself aren't worth the time to talk to.

Bye RHP, and good riddance to you. At one time you were a decent site.
    "I can't be bothered to talk to you any more" - usually said by someone who's realised that they have no argument to make, are wrong but don't want to admit it.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 02:16
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    "I can't be bothered to talk to you any more" - usually said by someone who's realised that they have no argument to make, are wrong but don't want to admit it.
    Or by someone who realizes that the party they're addressing is too damn thick to understand.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 02:181 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You acknowledge that RHP may not pre-screen Content, but that RHP shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, RHP shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must ...[text shortened]... , including without limitation information in RHP forums, and in all other parts of the Service.
    Yes, I can read. Thanks for your usual smart arsed answer anyhow. As if the TOS is uniformly enforced here! If it were, half your posts would be gone.
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 04:10
    Their constant deletion of posts and threads is damned annoying.
    No.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 06:06
    Yes, I can read. Thanks for your usual smart arsed answer anyhow. As if the TOS is uniformly enforced here! If it were, half your posts would be gone.
    I thought you had left.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 10:02
    Or by someone who realizes that the party they're addressing is too damn thick to understand.
    So, let me get this straight... you're throwing this hissy fit, because a post you made which exploited a bug in the forums, which made lower posts unreadable, got removed?

Ha!

D
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 13:47
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    So, let me get this straight... you're throwing this hissy fit, because a post you made which exploited a bug in the forums, which made lower posts unreadable, got removed?

Ha!

D
    Sad thing is, that was my "Random Removal of the Week"©

P-
  15. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '07 14:22
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

Ha!

D
    What bug?? I am curious

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree