1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 16:58
    @very-rusty said
    I understand this is how you see it, but I don't think it is the case.

You try being civil with people and I think you will find you will receive the same.

Be argumentive and you will get the same in return. The way the Moderators see it is you are stiring the pot some yourself. I see it like that, and I am not against you.

You've called me ignorant on 3 differen ...[text shortened]... seeing you picked on, but you have to take a little responsibility for your own actions too.

-VR
    You are part of the group that enjoys not following forum guidelines. Of course you do not see it.

As I said, just be consistent. If one person can not do it, then others should not. The amount of time to moderate should be the same. If shav's comnent was left up for two weeks, so should mine.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:011 edit
    @eladar said
    You are part of the group that enjoys not following forum guidelines. Of course you do not see it.

As I said, just be consistent. If one person can not do it, then others should not. The amount of time to moderate should be the same. If shav's comnent was left up for two weeks, so should mine.
    Seriously eladar? You think I am part of the group? That is so far from the truth, just ask anyone they will tell you I am in no way part of the group never have been, except for part of a clan which you could call a group. Then many years ago when I was with a group but in recent years NO, not part of "The Group"!!!!

That is what happens when you are non-sub and have to report through feedback takes a lot longer!!! Unless one of the Paying Subscribers report it for you. Had you sent me a P.M. I would have done that for you.

-VR
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:15
    @Very-Rusty

Part of the group attacking me? No

The part of the group that likes to harrass people and pick on them because you think it is funny? Yes
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:201 edit
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

Part of the group attacking me? No

The part of the group that likes to harrass people and pick on them because you think it is funny? Yes
    I'd say I like to keep the banter going. One has to be careful not to cross certain lines. Hard to know where those lines are at times, as things are always changing. Things we use to do we can't anymore. As an example we called non subs, non-sub-scum for years, it was actually not a good thing for getting new people on the site. We don't do that anymore. Some of the things you've said on here would have gotten you booted years ago, but they aren't quite as strict in some ways. Other ways, they have cracked down. I believe the Moderation is much better now than it once was, and I've had posts removed, which probably did deserve to be removed, like I said hard sometimes to see where that line is drawn.

EDIT: By the way, I didn't give you that thumb down!

-VR
  5. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:21
    @very-rusty said
    roma the Moderators do not get paid believe it or not!!! They do the job out of the goodness of their hearts. eladar wouldn't be the first freeloader making demands on this site.

I believe eladar thinks everyone is picking on him, granted he doesn't make things better. I do think he is just trying to defend himself.

-VR
    Mods get free subscription
    So it costs the site money..
    I never said mods got paid.
    All freeloaders should never make demands...the guy by his own admission posted vile comments..that should be a forum ban automatically..3 days a week at most
    Why should time be wasted by admin on helping a freeloader and snowflake their time should be spent in cutting out the cancer of the obvious cheats who play on here.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:271 edit
    @roma45 said
    Mods get free subscription
    So it costs the site money..
    I never said mods got paid.
    All freeloaders should never make demands...the guy by his own admission posted vile comments..that should be a forum ban automatically..3 days a week at most
    Why should time be wasted by admin on helping a freeloader and snowflake their time should be spent in cutting out the cancer of the obvious cheats who play on here.
    Well getting a free subscription if they do, isn't much payment in my opinion. When did this start happening? It never was at one time!

I didn't say eladar was an angel, he felt he was being picked on and struck back, which probably knowing this site and bunch on it was not the best thing for him to do. You are correct years ago he would have got a forum ban at very least and for longer than 3 days. I had one once for a month if I am not mistaken...I believe they did take it off before the month was up though. That one I really did deserve 🙂 It was almost worth it!!! 😉

I agree, more should be done about the situation we have in the Clan Challenges right now, I know exactly what you are talking about!!!

-VR
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:301 edit
    @Very-Rusty

You are correct years ago he would have got a forum ban at very least and for longer than 3 days.

If they had been moderating the boards at all, shav would have gotten the ban and I would not have had to escalate it.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:36
    @very-rusty said
    Well getting a free subscription if they do, isn't much payment in my opinion. When did this start happening? It never was at one time!

I didn't say eladar was an angel, he felt he was being picked on and struck back, which probably knowing this site and bunch on it was not the best thing for him to do. You are correct years ago he would have got a forum ban at very lea ...[text shortened]... uation we have in the Clan Challenges right now, I know exactly what you are talking about!!!

-VR
    Struck back?

He went to an entirely different forum and called an unconnected female poster a bitch and a whore. (Which is like having an argument with your neighbor and then going down the road to abuse a different neighbor by means of retaliation). Why didn't he 'strike back' in the same forum, or better yet show a little patience after reporting the abuse he experienced?

There was nothing noble, understandable or admirable in the way he struck back. You see that right?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:38
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Struck back?

He went to an entirely different forum and called an unconnected female poster a bitch and a whore. (Which is like having an argument with your neighbor and then going down the road to abuse a different neighbor by means of retaliation). Why didn't he 'strike back' in the same forum, or better yet show a little patience after reporting the abuse he exp ...[text shortened]...
    There was nothing noble, understandable or admirable in the way he struck back. You see that right?
    I was accurate in my description.

This site is not limited to a forum. All forums are part of this site. What is acceptable in one forum is acceptable on the site.

Admin had allowed the language so I was just being a Roman in Rome.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:43
    @eladar said

This site is not limited to a forum. All forums are part of this site. What is acceptable in one forum is acceptable on the site.

You have yourself labeled abusive posters as jackasses.

It is the ranks of such people you joined, not Rome.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:44
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Struck back?

He went to an entirely different forum and called an unconnected female poster a bitch and a whore. (Which is like having an argument with your neighbor and then going down the road to abuse a different neighbor by means of retaliation). Why didn't he 'strike back' in the same forum, or better yet show a little patience after reporting the abuse he exp ...[text shortened]...
    No argument from me on that one, it should have been handled better. I don't go along with calling women either name you mentioned.

Yes, he should have waited longer for the post to be removed. Kind of late to do anything about that now except perhaps give an apology.

-VR
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You have yourself labeled abusive posters as jackasses.

It is the ranks of such people you joined, not Rome.
    The difference? I simply return abuse for abuse. You do not see the difference. It is because you are an abuser and hate getting it back in kind.

Do not abuse me or others and I would not abuse you at all. If admin will not defend those being attacked. I will attack in kind.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:46
    @eladar said

eladar,

You just can't go and call women names like that. What part of that are you missing? The only way to try and make up for it is to give an apology.

-VR
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:47
    @very-rusty said
    No argument from me on that one, it should have been handled better. I don't go along with calling women either name you mentioned.

Yes, he should have waited longer for the post to be removed. Kind of late to do anything about that now except perhaps give an apology.

-VR
    It would never have been deleted.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:58
    @eladar said
    It would never have been deleted.
    Yes, it would have been. They don't leave things like that up once reported. You would have been better just to wait. Or as I said P.M. me and I would have alerted the post for you. Maybe it would have gotten done quicker that way.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree