1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 17:59
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, it would have been. They don't leave things like that up once reported. You would have been better just to wait. Or as I said P.M. me and I would have alerted the post for you. Maybe it would have gotten done quicker that way.

-VR
    How do you know it would have?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:06
    @eladar said
    How do you know it would have?
    They don't leave things like that up once reported.

-VR
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:08
    @very-rusty said
    They don't leave things like that up once reported.

-VR
    Maybe they did not used to.

How about just name calling like sissy. Do they leave that up?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:161 edit
    @eladar said

I've been called a whole lot worst, but I don't report many posts.

I think it is left the Moderators discretion, if both party's are name calling, I don't think being called a sissy is going to be removed. But as I said I think that is to the Mods discretion again. Really, you call me a a sissy, I call you a sissy back. How strict do you want them to be? Now when you start using names like you did that is way over the line in everyone's opinion.

-VR
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:24
    @very-rusty said
    I've been called a whole lot worst, but I don't report many posts.

I think it is left the Moderators discretion, if both party's are name calling, I don't think being called a sissy is going to be removed. But as I said I think that is to the Mods discretion again. Really, you call me a a sissy, I call you a sissy back. How strict do you want them to be? Now when you start using names like you did that is way over the line in everyone's opinion.

-VR
    Either name calling is acceptable or it is not. I reported it when it happened, but nothing happened. I am telling you the admin here do not care about this kind of stuff.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:33
    @eladar said
    Either name calling is acceptable or it is not. I reported it when it happened, but nothing happened. I am telling you the admin here do not care about this kind of stuff.
    Then why were posts removed?

-VR
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:37
    @roma45 said
    Thanks for the update..
    So hes just a wee sissy like i said?
    You mean this post?
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:39
    @very-rusty said
    No argument from me on that one, it should have been handled better. I don't go along with calling women either name you mentioned.

Yes, he should have waited longer for the post to be removed. Kind of late to do anything about that now except perhaps give an apology.

-VR
    Good to hear.

Debates forum can get very heated as you know, so rather cowardly I think to take his retaliation to the GF which is more laid back in nature and where people were unaware of the abuse he had experienced. Indeed, if he had instead shared his experience in the GF I'm sure more than one subscriber would happily have alerted the offending post (as we all tend to agree that a person's family is off limits).
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 18:55
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Good to hear.

Debates forum can get very heated as you know, so rather cowardly I think to take his retaliation to the GF which is more laid back in nature and where people were unaware of the abuse he had experienced. Indeed, if he had instead shared his experience in the GF I'm sure more than one subscriber would happily have alerted the offending post (as we all tend to agree that a person's family is off limits).
    You are an enabler if it means attacking someone you do not like and defending those you do. Part of the dysfunctional nature of this site.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 19:101 edit
    @eladar said
    You are an enabler if it means attacking someone you do not like and defending those you do. Part of the dysfunctional nature of this site.
    eladar Joined12 Jul '08, you have to know how things work here by now.

It is not like you are a new person to the site. Everyone has people they get along with and those not so much. I think I pretty much got most of the regulars upset with me right now, but that will pass.

Let it go and your squabble will soon be forgotten. I don't feel people really hold grudges on here, well not a lot of people anyways.... 😉 Try to chill, everything works itself out in the end.

-VR
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 19:13
    @very-rusty said
    eladar Joined12 Jul '08, you have to know how things work here by now.

It is not like you are a new person to the site. Everyone has people they get along with and those not so much. I think I pretty much got most of the regulars upset with me right now, but that will pass.

Let it go and your squabble will soon be forgotten. I don't feel people really hold grudges on ...[text shortened]... ell not a lot of people anyways.... 😉 Try to chill, everything works itself out in the end.

-VR
    As you pointed out, how things work around here has changed. In the past if I reported something it was given a response. Now nothing.
  12. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 19:23
    @eladar said

If its true..mods will leave post up..
    Pretty sure it will stay..
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 19:30
    @roma45 said
    If its true..mods will leave post up..
    Pretty sure it will stay..
    roma,

Must you twist the knife? 😛

-VR
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jun '19 19:31
    @eladar said
    As you pointed out, how things work around here has changed. In the past if I reported something it was given a response. Now nothing.
    Perhaps you are reporting every little thing and they are getting tired of it?

-VR
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 02:24
    @very-rusty said
    Perhaps you are reporting every little thing and they are getting tired of it?

-VR
    Nope guess again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree