1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Dec '04 13:36
    For those that dislike the idea what about in cases where only one move is possible?
    Game 833027
    In this game I pointed out the forced mate to undergrace he saw it as well and resigned. There are no real choices. After 28. ... Qg2+ 29. Kd1 is the only move then after 29. ... Qf1+ only 30. Kc2 is playable. Following 30. ... Qe2+ either 31. Rd2 or 31. Kb1 can be played. So how about when I play Qg2+ I get the option to input both Qf1+ and Qe2+ as if then moves. That way if an opponent does decide to make me play out something like this it will finish the game slightly quicker.

2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '04 15:281 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    For those that dislike the idea what about in cases where only one move is possible?
    Game 833027
    In this game I pointed out the forced mate to undergrace he saw it as well and resigned. There are no real choices. After 28. ... Qg2 ...[text shortened]... ething like this it will finish the game slightly quicker.

It works when you are both playing book too in an opening that you
    both like. It will take you into the middle game quicker, as well as
    wrap up an end game quicker too. I've used it before too, and liked
    it a lot.
    Kelly
  3. London
    Moves
    28 Dec '04 23:02
    I also like this idea.

However, the last time this was suggested, it was also proposed that forced moves could be automatically played by the server. That would be a bad idea because, if a player knows that forced moves will be played automatically, the fact that an automatic move has not been made will tell them that there is at least one alternative to what might otherwise appear to them to be a forced move.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 02:16
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    I also like this idea.

... it was also proposed that forced moves could be automatically played by the server.
    Completely different idea, as I think u are suggesting. And I really don't like the idea od the server making forced moves, which is probably unimplementable anyway.

D
  5. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 16:28
    i love this idea of IF then moves.. i think it would save time..

but i dont want no server playing the forced things
  6. Standard memberDeepfault
    Devil's Advocate
    On the Fence
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 18:23
    I also think If... Then moves are an interesting idea... the ability to stack several if then move options several moves ahead with an email generated if none of the 'If then' options were taken would mean you could leave several games on auto-pilot so to speak...

In this way you could plan an entire game out and go on holiday... hmm sounds not quite right somehow though.
  7. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 20:21
    it would be inpossible to plan an intire game..
    unless u can read minds.. and u would know the exact moves ur opponent would do
  8. Under Cover
    Moves
    03 Jan '05 07:22
    I was actually exposed to the "if-then" move idea some time ago in an e-mail gam against a master (I know the guy, he's a real life CC Master) and he used if-then in our informal e-mail games. It is very useful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree