1. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    Ok, but do post here if you have any problems.

-Russ
    A few immediate things. "Inbox" is terribly confusing. Could that not be renamed to something more in line with the games e.g. simply archived games.

Also I cannot work out how to actually place any games in the folders. I have fiddled about with the games, the folders and I can't see it 😕

Apart from this so far it looks fricking awesome!
  2. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:441 edit
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    A few immediate things. "Inbox" is terribly confusing. Could that not be renamed to something more in line with the games e.g. simply archived games.

Also I cannot work out how to actually place any games in the folders. I have fiddled about with the games, the folders and I can't see it 😕

Apart from this so far it looks fricking awesome!
    Manage games. Check them. Then click the link on the left that say "move selected games" and then you can move them to one of your folders.

Looks like I'm going to have to re-folder every single game?

Edit: I wouldn't mind being a beta tester either, though I'm going out soon for a few hours, if you wanted immediate response
  3. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:45
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Manage games. Check them. Then click the link on the left that say "move selected games" and then you can move them to one of your folders.

Looks like I'm going to have to re-folder every single game?
    Cheers.

You think that is tough for you...I have 2000!!!!
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:46
    Ok, to move games about, select a game on the 'manage games' page, and then click either of the 'Move selected' links.

Your confusion is noted though. Keep the feedback coming.

-Russ
  5. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:47
    Ok, to move games about, select a game on the 'manage games' page, and then click either of the 'Move selected' links.

Your confusion is noted though. Keep the feedback coming.

-Russ
    I can't get all my games listed on one screen; just as 20 on one page. Could this be changed.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:481 edit
    Your archive games SHOULD be repositioned in the archive folder already. But, it is possible that it is not the case, because I am running a script now to reposition them, and it is running a little slowly.

I may need to run the script again tomorrow AM when the site is hardly loaded, so any games you move around now, only do it to play about. Otherwise you may need to start again tomorrow.

-Russ
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:49
    Your archive games SHOULD be repositioned in the archive folder already. But, it is possible that it is not the case, because I am running a script now to reposition them, and it is running a little slowly.

I may need to run the script again tomorrow AM when the site is hardly loaded, so any games you move around now, only do it to play about. Otherwise you may need to start again tomorrow.

-Russ
    okay,

and again if you didn't see I would like being a beta tester, though I'm going out soon for a few hours, if you wanted immediate response
  8. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:49

-Russ
    sheesh you move quick these days! thanks for making them all on one page now 🙂
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 20:50
    Only your 'inbox' can list all games. (I make the assumption that people will keep the inbox free from clutter). Some people previously had archive folders with hundreds of games being listed on one page, which was causing problems for both users and our server.

-Russ
  10. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:05
    Only your 'inbox' can list all games. (I make the assumption that people will keep the inbox free from clutter). Some people previously had archive folders with hundreds of games being listed on one page, which was causing problems for both users and our server.

-Russ
    Ok. Would it be feesable to have a button which could select all wins/losses /draws to save me from getting an RSI. Also a select all button so that if I want to put all clan games into a folder I can with the click of a button.?
  11. London
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 21:54

It might be an idea to make the search option retractable because it does take up quite a bit of the screen and not everyone will want to use it.
  12. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    29 Sep '05 23:00
    Don't forget to fix "Search Forums".
  13. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 00:15
    Originally posted by Freddie2004

It might be an idea to make the search option retractable because it does take up quite a bit of the screen and not everyone will want to use it.
    Yep, the first thing I noticed. I like to keep windows as limited as possible. This should be configurable (as in, I should get it out of sight and only let it pop-up when I want to).

And in this box, I would like to search AND find a player if I only type in a part of the name, not only the name in full. For instance, 'ai' should be enough to find my name (and probably some others too with the same letter order in the name, if you played them). Some names of players are just to hard to remember correct, and to type their name in full without errors.
  14. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 00:21
    Oh, by the way. I am not the win-claiming type, I have a long list of ready to be claimed games. I do like to send reminders to non-subscribers once every few weeks. I have noticed some non-subscribers respond to my reminder and play some more moves occasionally. I don't think it is a very wise idea in the eyes of RHP to removed the reminders and the chance of getting back some previous non-movers. And it is nicer for people like me to have a chance of playing out a game instead of having a dead game in your hands.

I think it is much, much more wiser to let the player decide wether or not to receive move reminders instead of removing the function at all.
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Sep '05 00:29
    I like this. I like it a lot.
    Put me down as a beta tester once it won't revert my moves back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree