New 'My Games' page

New 'My Games' page

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Russ
Surprisingly, this is quite a bit of effort for little benefit, so probably won't happen .

-Russ
Okay. I knew it was a minor thing, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

O
Lucky Patzer

Ohio University

Moves
03 Nov 05

The selection memory idea by Wildfire would be widely appreciated it can pretty tideous if you have hundreds of games to sort. Also subfolder would be nice addition in the future. I'd like to be able to if not delete the Inbox and Archive folders, atleast rename them. But I can see this might not be possible, because it might interfere with the current coding of the system.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
03 Nov 05
1 edit

What I may do that could be better is a 'move all in current search results to folder X'. (I believe this was requested earlier in the thread, or something like it anyway?)

This would be far less time consuming than an interface of checkboxes when it came to moving games around en masse.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Nov 05

I'll have another version of this available Sunday. I'll just do bug fixes after that and then roll it out next week.

-Russ

C

Earth Prime

Moves
04 Nov 05

One more comment I have. When moving games around, the page goes to the folder the games were moved to, not moved from. I, personally, would like to be back at the page they were from. Much like moving e-mail from an inbox to a sub-folder, you aren't sent to the sub-folder as far as I know.

Okay so it's one extra click, but still.

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
05 Nov 05

Originally posted by Coconut
One more comment I have. When moving games around, the page goes to the folder the games were moved to, not moved from. I, personally, would like to be back at the page they were from. Much like moving e-mail from an inbox to a sub-folder, you aren't sent to the sub-folder as far as I know.

Okay so it's one extra click, but still.
I agree.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Nov 05

Me too.

-Russ

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
05 Nov 05

Me too.

-Russ
me three

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Nov 05

New version of this has now been uploaded. A few comments follow :

Searching

When searching a for a game, you can now opt for an enhanced search offering colour and result as further search options. Combined with the 'filters', this seems to pretty much cover all simple searches.

Root folder

The root folder icon bothered me immensely, as it wasn’t a true folder, and would only confuse further if sub folders were added at a later date. So I have changed the icon to represent the super set that it really is.

Table columns

I have always believed the whole ‘my games’ table was way too wide, and now with the inclusion of the (now slightly wider) left hand column, it would be far worse. To save some space I have merged the results column into the Action column. When the game is complete, the result is shown in the link. Simple.

I have also dropped the text links for the action icons (timeout, reminder), and instead I have opted for popup help tips when the mouse passes over them. This has allowed me a few extra words to describe the action, so two advantages to this one. An extra icon has also been added for when an opponent has been banned and no action can be taken.

Manage games.

Select all option – just checks all games on the page. Inverse selection – no explanation needed. The selections only apply to the current page, and not all games in the search result if it spans multiple pages (>20 games)

When moving games, you now stay in the current folder, UNLESS moving from the 'my games' root. Take my word for this one, it really didn't really work when moving games from the root folder because after the action completed, it appeared nothing had changed! (you continued to view all games over all folders. I thought there was a bug at first when this happened.)

I think that is all. If everyone beta'ing this is happy, with no big show stoppers appearing before the weekend, I will release this to all on Tuesday next week.

Cheers,

-Russ

M

Moves
09 Nov 05

Seem to be having a bit of trouble with my new games page.

I cannot claim a win, when I click on the skull it just goes to a blank page, but I can now send reminders!

Mike

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Nov 05

This should now be fixed.

-Russ

M

Moves
09 Nov 05

Yep, thats great. Thanks.

Mike

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
09 Nov 05

New version of this has now been uploaded. A few comments follow :

Searching

When searching a for a game, you can now opt for an enhanced search offering colour and result as further search options. Combined with the 'filters', this seems to pretty much cover all simple searches.

Root folder

The root folder icon bothered me immensely, as it wasn ...[text shortened]... pearing before the weekend, I will release this to all on Tuesday next week.

Cheers,

-Russ
Very nice work, indeed. Great improvement.

1 small thing I didn't really like and that was calling the current games folder "Inbox".

D

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
09 Nov 05

Hugh improvement over what was a good layout. Well done!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Nov 05

Any suggestions?

-Russ