1. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    23414
    06 Oct '05 18:43
    Not complaining Russ, but could you make the chess board more like the one used in www.atlanticchess.net or is it com/ Whatever! I used to play on Atlantic all the time and only came on here when one player told me he was leaving Atlantic to come here. The next day I became a fully paid up member, but the board is a bit, err Commordor 64?

    I realise you can change the board to your prefrred choice, but I just wondered what any other persons view was on this matter.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    208554
    06 Oct '05 19:28
    Can you provide a screenshot?
  3. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    23414
    06 Oct '05 19:32
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Can you provide a screenshot?
    No sorry, don't know how to. Just log on to their site and have a butchers. Hopefully you'll see what I mean.

    🙂
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    Joined
    23 Mar '04
    Moves
    208554
    06 Oct '05 20:55
    I have to register first, I believe. I don't feel like doing so.
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    06 Oct '05 21:01
    1) This sounds like a complaint

    2) Does it matter that much what the board looks like so long as the quares are different shades of grey?

    3) I think this is being looked at anyway.
  6. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    23414
    08 Oct '05 18:58
    Originally posted by rhb
    1) This sounds like a complaint

    2) Does it matter that much what the board looks like so long as the quares are different shades of grey?

    3) I think this is being looked at anyway.
    1/ No I'm not complaining. That's why I started the sentence with "Not complaining Russ, but could you...."

    2/ Yes of course it matter what the board looks like. If it can be made better then it may generate more income potential players.

    3/ You state "I think this is being looked at anyway." Well what are you whinging about then?
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Joined
    30 Dec '03
    Moves
    176648
    08 Oct '05 19:15
    The board is ok as it is now.
    If you don't like it, return to atlantic chess.
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    08 Oct '05 19:50
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    1/ No I'm not complaining. That's why I started the sentence with "Not complaining Russ, but could you...."

    2/ Yes of course it matter what the board looks like. If it can be made better then it may generate more income potential players.

    3/ You state "I think this is being looked at anyway." Well what are you whinging about then?
    1) Your words "the board is a bit, err Commordor 64" sound very much like a complaint. Like "the fish is a bit, err undercooked" would sound like a complaint in a restaurant.

    2) Given that what we are using is a 'classic' chess board design, I'm confident that changes to the appearance would not generate a significant amount of extra income.

    3) I'm not the one whinging.

    P.s. It's Commodore not Commordor (which would be a good name for a communist state on Middle Earth).
  9. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    23414
    09 Oct '05 11:11
    Originally posted by rhb
    1) Your words "the board is a bit, err Commordor 64" sound very much like a complaint. Like "the fish is a bit, err undercooked" would sound like a complaint in a restaurant.

    2) Given that what we are using is a 'classic' chess board design, I'm confident that changes to the appearance would not generate a significant amount of extra income.

    3) I'm ...[text shortened]... t's Commodore not Commordor (which would be a good name for a communist state on Middle Earth).
    1/ Read my reply to your original reply. It is exactly the same but obviously you cannot understand that. If it's a bit hard for you get someone over the afe of 10 to explain it to you.

    2/ I used the words "...If it can be made better then it may generate more income....." emphasis on the word 'may"

    3/ You say "I think this is being looked at anyway." Well then someone else obviously agrees with me!!

    4/ OH NO!!!! Hold the front page! I mis-spelt Commodore, I left off the letter 'e' off by mistake.

    5/ I cannot believe that a sensible suggestion, maybe not the best suggestion, maybe not the most important suggestion, but a sensible suggestion anyway could provoke such a childish response. It was merely a question asking people for their thoughts on this matter. Remember this. Things move on, nothing stays the same for long. Things improve for the better, though there is a large generation that don't like changes. But changes do and will happen. Accept it - it's a fact.
  10. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    23414
    09 Oct '05 11:17
    Originally posted by Ravello
    The board is ok as it is now.
    If you don't like it, return to atlantic chess.
    Read what I actually wrote, not just a little bit of it, before jumping on the bandwagon of somebody else's reply.

    1/ "The board is ok as it is now." Yes it is okay as it is now. But it could be improved.

    2/ "If you don't like it, return to atlantic chess." You know something? I can't even be bothered to write a reply to such a puerile statement.
  11. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    23414
    09 Oct '05 11:18
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I have to register first, I believe. I don't feel like doing so.
    Yes, sorry, I didn't realise that.
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    09 Oct '05 11:27
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    1/ Read my reply to your original reply. It is exactly the same but obviously you cannot understand that. If it's a bit hard for you get someone over the afe of 10 to explain it to you.

    2/ I used the words "...If it can be made better then it may generate more income....." emphasis on the word 'may"

    3/ You say "I think this is being look ...[text shortened]... e generation that don't like changes. But changes do and will happen. Accept it - it's a fact.
    1) Prefixing anything with the phrase "I'm, not [insert word] but" means you are doing whatever that word is.

    For example: I'm not here to p!ss you off, but your first post is a complaint.

    2) You're hardly selling the idea here! If you lend me ten million pounds I may build a time machine.

    3) It's the board interface being looked at, i.e. how we move the pieces, how the analyse board feature works, and I think looking at new piece designs too. This may naturally result in a updated board design. I doubt it'll be much different from the classic design, and is not the direct aim of the work being undertaken.

    4) You spelt 'age' wrong too. I suggest you contact user 'Bowmann' about any further grammar and spelling issues you may have.

    5) You voiced an opinion that you would like Russ to makes this site more like one of the competitor sites with regards to a feature design most people pay no attention to as it is not an important feature. That's not a sensible suggestion however you frame it.

    I love and embrace change as much as the next doofus, change for changes sake is a different matter though.
  13. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    29486
    09 Oct '05 11:45
    Originally posted by rhb
    1) Prefixing anything with the phrase "I'm, not [insert word] but" means you [b]are doing whatever that word is.

    For example: I'm not here to p!ss you off, but your first post is a complaint.

    2) You're hardly selling the idea here! If you lend me ten million pounds I may build a time machine.

    3) It's the board interface being looked at, i.e. ...[text shortened]... embrace change as much as the next doofus, change for changes sake is a different matter though.[/b]
    christ its only a suggesting, why you harping on about it.........
  14. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    09 Oct '05 11:55
    Originally posted by wideawake
    christ its only a suggesting, why you harping on about it.........
    Because this is a forum where people discuss things. I'm putting my point across in response to items levelled at me.

    P.s. Your grammar and spelling is atrocious too. You'd better watch out or the Bowmann will hunt you down....
  15. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    47202
    09 Oct '05 12:16
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    Not complaining Russ, but could you make the chess board more like the one used in www.atlanticchess.net or is it com/ Whatever! I used to play on Atlantic all the time and only came on here when one player told me he was leaving Atlantic to come here. The next day I became a fully paid up member, but the board is a bit, err Commordor 64?

    I realise yo ...[text shortened]... ard to your prefrred choice, but I just wondered what any other persons view was on this matter.
    atlanticchess.net doesn't exists - do you mean atlanticchess.com? I checked that one out, and I thought the board actually looked horrible..

    If you go to My Settings > My Board Settings, you can change how the pieces look.

    BTW - I can't recall that someone ever complained about this, so you're on your own. Ofcourse, you can design the board & pieces style that you want and ask Russ to add it as an extra board setting.
Back to Top