1. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 12:42
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    atlanticchess.net doesn't exists - do you mean atlanticchess.com? I checked that one out, and I thought the board actually looked horrible..

If you go to My Settings > My Board Settings, you can change how the pieces look.

BTW - I can't recall that someone ever complained about this, so you're on your own. Ofcourse, you can design the board & pieces style that you want and ask Russ to add it as an extra board setting.
    You write "Alatlanticchess.net doesn't exists - do you mean atlanticchess.com?" That's exactly the reason I wrote the following
    ...like the one used in www.atlanticchess.net or is it com...

You say you didn't like the board, it actually looked horrible..

Eh?? It's exactly the same as a mormal chess board you'd buy in any shop!
  2. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 13:07
    Originally posted by rhb
    1) Prefixing anything with the phrase "I'm, not [insert word] but" means you [b]are doing whatever that word is.

For example: I'm not here to p!ss you off, but your first post is a complaint.

2) You're hardly selling the idea here! If you lend me ten million pounds I may build a time machine.

3) It's the board interface being looked at, i.e. ...[text shortened]... embrace change as much as the next doofus, change for changes sake is a different matter though.[/b]
    1) Prefixing anything with the phrase "I'm, not [insert word] but" means you are doing whatever that word is.

1/ I'm not sitting here eating my dinner. Oh bugger, that must mean I am! Ridiculous!

2/ You write "You're hardly selling the idea here.!" That was never the intention. It was JUST a suggestion.

3/ Fair comment.

4/ "You spelt 'age' wrong too. I suggest you contact user 'Bowmann' about any further grammar and spelling issues you may have." Okay so I may of mis-spelt the word 'age' but so what? It's an obvious and easy mistake when you type fast! This forum section is entitled 'Site Ideas' not 'Site Ideas And Make Sure Your Spelling Is Correct.'
    To be honest when people start on about mis-spelling, particually a three letter word, well! The word pathetic springs to mind.

Oh and no, I haven't spell checked this, I haven't even re-read it, so feel free to look closely and double check every single word. I bet you were a train spotter in your youth.
  3. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 13:10
    Originally posted by rhb
    Because this is a forum where people discuss things. I'm putting my point across in response to items levelled at me.

P.s. Your grammar and spelling is atrocious too. You'd better watch out or the Bowmann will hunt you down....
    As I said in another post, I thought this was a Site Ideas forum and not a Site Ideas And Make Sure your Spelling And Grammer Are Correct Before You Write.'

Pathetic!
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 13:51
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    1) Prefixing anything with the phrase "I'm, not [insert word] but" means you [b]are doing whatever that word is.

1/ I'm not sitting here eating my dinner. Oh bugger, that must mean I am! Ridiculous!

2/ You write "You're hardly selling the idea here.!" That was never the intention. It was JUST a suggestion.

3/ Fair comment. ...[text shortened]... o look closely and double check every single word. I bet you were a train spotter in your youth.[/b]
    1) You missed out a crucial word, but I can't be ars3d to explain it again to you.

2) You should be prepared to back up your suggestions otherwise what are they worth? When I have a suggestion for my employer I have to prove its value, otherwise someone else will prove the value of their different suggestion and my employer will go with that one without considering mine.

You also asked for other peoples views, then when you didn't like what you read you got all uppity about it, accusing me of whinging! Learn to accept feedback without taking it personally! My original reply was not a personal attack - it was my view on your suggestion, which you had asked for.

3) At last!

4) For your posts to have the credibility you seek you should at least pay attention to how you write them.

Had you any sense of humour at all you might have picked up that I was making a (perhaps unfunny) joke (albeit at your expense) about 'Commordor' being a Communist state in Middle Earth (Mordor, Lord Of The Rings... you get me?). It was less about your spelling, but your reaction then encouraged me to wind you up a bit more.

I look forward to the opprtunity to provide my view on any future ideas you choose to submit.
  5. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 18:051 edit
    There is a good reason the board has a simple look and feel, it's because it uses a very small bandwidth and can be accessed easily from any spec PC on any type of internet connection.

I like the board - although not the default look, I prefer the Newspaper style - and I hope that nothing "funky" is done to change it.
  6. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 18:33
    Originally posted by rhb
    1) You missed out a crucial word, [b]but I can't be ars3d to explain it again to you.

2) You should be prepared to back up your suggestions otherwise what are they worth? When I have a suggestion for my employer I have to prove its value, otherwise someone else will prove the value of their different suggestion and my employer will go with that one witho ...[text shortened]...

I look forward to the opprtunity to provide my view on any future ideas you choose to submit.[/b]
    It's a fact that when some people realise they are in the wrong, instead of apologising or trying to rectify the matter, they nearly always say, "...Had you any ssense of humour...."

Because you see, you are unable to think up any more excuses hence you try to turn it into a joke. Wel ha ha ha.

Now you can go back to your cot and stop throwing your toys about.
  7. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 19:16
    Originally posted by TheSphinct3r
    It's a fact that when some people realise they are in the wrong, instead of apologising or trying to rectify the matter, they nearly always say, "...Had you any ssense of humour...."

Because you see, you are unable to think up any more excuses hence you try to turn it into a joke. Wel ha ha ha.

Now you can go back to your cot and stop throwing your toys about.
    You just did a great job of proving my point for me oh humourless one!

Yours, laughing all the way outta this thread not giving a monkeys if he is in the wrong or right.

rhb
  8. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 19:59
    Originally posted by rhb
    You just did a great job of proving my point for me oh humourless one!

Yours, laughing all the way outta this thread not giving a monkeys if he is in the wrong or right.

rhb
    Proves my point exactly.

It's a fact that when some people realise they are in the wrong, instead of apologising or trying to rectify the matter, they nearly always say, "...Had you any sense of humour...."
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 21:05
    Originally posted by TheSphinct3r
    Proves my point exactly.

It's a fact that when some people realise they are in the wrong, instead of apologising or trying to rectify the matter, they nearly always say, "...Had you any sense of humour...."
    I got a strange sense of Deja Vu reading your reply.

Would you care to provide me with your evidence that supports this fact?

I have no apologies to make, nor matters to rectify.

Whilst you're gathering your evidence can you please also describe the reactions of both your wife of 30 years and your son to the news that your computer is your life. I don't think I've previously met anyone who admitted to feeling that way.
  10. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '05 23:31
    Originally posted by rhb
    I got a strange sense of Deja Vu reading your reply.

Would you care to provide me with your evidence that supports this fact?

I have no apologies to make, nor matters to rectify.

Whilst you're gathering your evidence can you please also describe the reactions of both your wife of 30 years and your son to the news that your computer is [b]your life
    . I don't think I've previously met anyone who admitted to feeling that way.[/b]
    bit of a personal question is it not??
  11. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 06:55
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    Proves my point exactly.

Though this sometimes is relevant. I can remember many times when a joke was completely overlooked and the stiff in who replied totally brought it somewhere else.
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 10:17
    Originally posted by wideawake
    bit of a personal question is it not??
    Maybe. But if users proclaim stuff in their profiles, they should be prepared to be asked about it.
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 12:121 edit
    I would like a 3D board with moves made by an animated hand. This could be changed at the user's preference to a bear paw, a robot arm or an octopus tentacle.

If they can do it at www.octobearbot-chess.net, why not here?
  14. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 12:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    10 Oct '05 14:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree