1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Good work getting this done, I just used the feature for fun.

Many have asked before, but you pulled it off.

P-
    Was nearly 8 years too long to wait? 😳
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 15:17
    Originally posted by Russ
    Worth waiting for! 🙂
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 16:21
    When you say "8 years" I think 32. You probably said you'd have it done some time in late 2004 or early 2005?

P-
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 19:33
    i don't see why anyone will use this. it doesn't show up any spelling mistakes or anything to do with incorrect content actually.

it would be better if misspelt words where underlined or something.

what's the difference between reading what you've written before posting it and putting it as a preview post and then rereading it. it's actually easier to read it again while in the posted format, the preview just seems to have one big line of words.
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 19:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Good work getting this done, I just used the feature for fun.

Many have asked before, but you pulled it off.

P-
    Is it because she's a girl? So we should get females to ask for site features?
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 20:001 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    i don't see why anyone will use this. it doesn't show up any spelling mistakes or anything to do with incorrect content actually.

Oh the irony of a person who never capitalizes the start of any sentence whining about post preview not showing spelling mistakes...

Get Firefox - it has a built-in spell checker.
    I think Google Toolbar adds spell check to IE, but I can't be sure...
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 22:30
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Is it because she's a girl? So we should get females to ask for site features?
    You are not claiming there is favoritism involved here?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jan '09 22:331 edit
    Kudos, It probably will not help me any but well done. crowley has to much fun correcting and making fun of my speeeling, and I wouldn't want to spoil his favorite pass time. 😉 Especially edits with speeling errors! 🙂
  9. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 00:35
    Congratulations - you've been implemented!

(Yes, post previews are now available - just use the preview checkbox when posting, then uncheck it again to submit the final edit.)
    Thank you Russ!!

Now my life is really complete. 😀
  10. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 00:36

what's the difference between reading what you've written before posting it and putting it as a preview post and then rereading it. it's actually easier to ...[text shortened]... it again while in the posted format, the preview just seems to have one big line of words.
    Don't like it, don't use it.
  11. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 00:37
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I think Google Toolbar adds spell check to IE, but I can't be sure...
    That's right.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 01:092 edits

what's the difference between reading what you've written before posting it and putting it as a preview post and then rereading it. it's actually easier to ...[text shortened]... it again while in the posted format, the preview just seems to have one big line of words.
    It's rather meaningless for pure text, but it's very helpful if you are using tags and are not sure if you got them right, or if you are using character combinations that might result in unwanted smileys (e.g. % followed by a right parenthesis). I like that you can choose whether you want to use the preview or not.

Hm, I just noticed that in the preview, text after a < without a space doesn't disappear like it does when posting. Or maybe it doesn't anymore when posting either? Gonna check that now...

Edit: It still gets cut, until you add a >. The preview doesn't show this. Another problem with the preview is that the lines are not broken up, so you need a lot of scrolling sideways.
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 05:44
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    You are not claiming there is favoritism involved here?
    Oh Christ! Sorry, I forgot Rusty is around and I didn't put a smiley in to show I was joking 😕

😞
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 11:291 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It's rather meaningless for pure text, but it's very helpful if you are using tags and are not sure if you got them right, or if you are using character combinations that might result in unwanted smileys (e.g. % followed by a right parenthesis). I like that you can choose whether you want to use the preview or not.

Hm, I just noticed that in the preview, h the preview is that the lines are not broken up, so you need a lot of scrolling sideways.
    Both problems now resolved.

<A href=""> this html will not be removed.

This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap. This very long line will wrap.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 11:302 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys

Hm, I just noticed that in the preview, h the preview is that the lines are not broken up, so you need a lot of scrolling sideways.
    This.

Edit - Too late! I never saw a red-eyed cow run so fast. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree