1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 21:35
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Go get a job or a hobby or something. You're freaking me out.
    I have a hobby. I play chess.

Do you have any hobbies?
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Phlabs: Remember the Seinfeld where Julia Louis Dreyfus was trying to decide if some guy was sponge worthy?

Your post was funny, but now that I have a limited supply of wrecks, I'm not sure it was sponge worthy.
    ***nasty comment removed***

😛
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 22:26
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's really too bad. I have seen concrete evidence of one clan whose few members repeatedly recs each other's inane posts in the hopes that they will annoy other forumers and convince others that the recommendation system is detrimental to the site. Back-ASS-wards. The thing that really bothers me is that the reason for their blatant abuse is predicated on lies and ridiculous assumptions propogated by the manipulative clan leader.
    Makes you wonder just who rec'd this post. Anyone want to fess up? We know don't we. It's fun to see you fall for the trap. Ha ha.😀
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 22:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    I agree too. So much so, I will add this limitation ASAP.

-Russ

edit: I was just this close to ripping out the entire rec system.
    Don't stop now that you are on a roll.
  5. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 23:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    I agree too. So much so, I will add this limitation ASAP.

-Russ

edit: I was just this close to ripping out the entire rec system.
    Thanks, Russ..... 😀
  6. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 23:11
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Private forums don't have all the features of the public forums. Commas are not allowed there. Also, hopscotch is not allowed to spell properly in the private forums.
    I say we limit wrecks, and punctuation. How many commas per month is reasonable?
  7. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 23:13
    Originally posted by RookRAK
    I say we limit wrecks, and punctuation. How many commas per month is reasonable?
    I say we ship wrecks, punk rocks and practice being comatose 😛 Nighty, night... 🙄
  8. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 23:166 edits
    I think you misunderstand.

Phlabibit was referring to post's 4 and 5 of this thread and your manipulated image of a forum to prove that it can be faked.

You then apologized when you realised how Russ felt about the recommended posts system being abused on this site.

Do you feel partly responsible for the abuse of the system?
    Was your surprisin ...[text shortened]... to my post, proving that a screenshot can be faked, a weak attempt to defend one of your clans?
    I think you misunderstand.
    Nope

Phlabibit was referring to post's 4 and 5 of this thread and your manipulated image of a forum to prove that it can be faked.
    explain why he quoted me?

You then apologized when you realised how Russ felt about the recommended posts system being abused on this site.
    Russ I am sorry I posted a fake forum posting as a response to Hop's question I quoted.

Do you feel partly responsible for the abuse of the system?
    No, not at all.

Was your surprising reply to my post, proving that a screenshot can be faked, a weak attempt to defend one of your clans
    I defend straight out attacks on my clan. I would have responded the same had you attacked my clan, but you did not attack my clan. Therefore, I did not defend my clan.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 23:18
    I am against limiting punctuation, it's bad enough we can't use commas in the private forums. But we should limit smileys and alcohol consumption.
  10. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 23:24
    ... it's bad enough we can't use commas in the private forums. ...
    Well we have the infamous comma-spammer of 2005 to thank for that. 😠
  11. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 23:24
    ... we should limit smileys and alcohol consumption.
    I certainly think we should limit alcohol consumption by smileys.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    20 Sep '06 23:40
    I certainly think we should limit alcohol consumption by smileys.
    😵
  13. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 01:48
    I am against limiting punctuation, it's bad enough we can't use commas in the private forums. But we should limit smileys and alcohol consumption.
    I think we should limit smiling 😵 Alcohol should not be allowed to consumptives 🙄
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 01:53
    The current system is being childishly abused to the extent that it has become a negative aspect of this site. I don't feel that we should do away with it completely because when it works it does serve a very good purpose here.

What I propose is that we set a limit on the number of recommendations a subscriber may make in one month, and my initial suggestion is that this limit should be no more than 10.
    So how is 10 posts per week month or year or whatever going to keep you guys from ganging up? You will still just pin point your hate posts. Nothing changed just less is more. How about letting me in your clans so I can take some real screen shots. Fair? Why not? You have something to hide? 🙄
  15. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 02:02
    Originally posted by widget
    I think we should limit smiling 😵 Alcohol should not be allowed to consumptives 🙄
    Don't make me :'(.

Everyone needs to 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree