1. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 02:281 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    So how is 10 posts per week month or year or whatever going to keep you guys from ganging up? You will still just pin point your hate posts. Nothing changed just less is more. How about letting me in your clans so I can take some real screen shots. Fair? Why not? You have something to hide? 🙄
    That's right, we have nothing better to do than scheme about how to hoard all of our rec allocation and keep it within the family. C'mon, do you honestly believe people do that?

Say something interesting and/or amusing and I'll be happy to give you all of my monthly recs.

Yes, groups of like-minded people will still band together against certain posts or to defend one another's positions. That's not the fault of the rec system. It's just human nature.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 02:491 edit
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    That's right, we have nothing better to do than scheme about how to hoard all of our rec allocation and keep it within the family. C'mon, do you honestly believe people do that?

Say something interesting and/or amusing and I'll be happy to give you all of my monthly recs.

Yes, groups of like-minded people will still band together against certain pos ...[text shortened]... one another's positions. That's not the fault of the rec system. It's just human nature.
    Count um up. Yes, I believe you guys are a bored and manipulitive bunch. So once again, I say what good is it to reduce the bullets if you want to use your recs as a weapon against people like Phlababit has suggested. The Carpsnipes posts are not any funnier or interesting or smarter than anyone else's posts. However, I am not yet convinced all parties are guilty.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 03:06
    Count um up. Yes, I believe you guys are a bored and manipulitive bunch. So once again, I say what good is it to reduce the bullets if you want to use your recs as a weapon against people like Phlababit has suggested. The Carpsnipes posts are not any funnier or interesting or smarter than anyone else's posts. However, I am not yet convinced all parties are guilty.
    Oh no Cash, you have it all wrong. The Carps are far smarter and much more clever than everyone else on the site.

They must be, they have the most wrecks.
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 03:36
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Oh no Cash, you have it all wrong. The Carps are far smarter and much more clever than everyone else on the site.

Oh yes, I forgot and they are always on the first page now that the top recommend page is back. You would think that Hops idea was an original, that it was the first time anyone mentioned it, even though that idea has been on the forums for weeks now. But hey now it is on the front page. Think that is a coincidence? Humm, I think not.
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 03:521 edit
    Oh yes, I forgot and they are always on the first page now that the top recommend page is back. You would think that Hops idea was an original, that it was the first time anyone mentioned it, even though that idea has been on the forums for weeks now. But hey now it is on the front page. Think that is a coincidence? Humm, I think not.
    Well of course they're all over the front page. When you've got a clan loaded with the modern day kings of comedy...I mean...

Good God already
  6. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 07:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 07:261 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night

That's the crux right there, isn't it?

You're a jealous little man, you put so much importance on the recommendation system that you have encouraged, in your private forum, your clan to abuse and thereby destroy it instead of having anyone you disapprove of receive a rec. You're jealous of the Carps and the Guttersnipes because the forum posters among us have so many recommendations. Have you for once considered the blatantly obvious? You are an anathema. You sprout nothing but drivel all over these forums and the effect that you are having is detrimental to these forums and therefore this site. The Carps and the Gnipes have so many recs because we have written good posts, why can you not understand that? I have yet to see you write one single post worthy of a rec.

And here's something else that has flown right over your inflated head: we've been on this site for years, you arrived in February 2006 and now we're in September and you're complaining that we have so many recommendations, and that you have so few. You are an idiot, you're delusional, I feel sorry for anyone foolish enough to still be in a clan with you.
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 08:341 edit
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    That's the crux right there, isn't it?

You're a jealous little man, you put so much importance on the recommendation system that you have encouraged, in your private forum, your clan to abuse and thereby destroy it instead of having anyone you disapprove of receive a rec. You're jealous of the Carps and the Guttersnipes because the forum posters among u ou're delusional, I feel sorry for anyone foolish enough to still be in a clan with you.
    Sorry Scotch, do you ever have it all wrong. We are opposed to it because of the nastiness that comes from it. Your posts are crap Hopper just like everyone else's. No better or no worse. It is just you guys try over and over to artificially inflate their importance. Your ego's are a mess. Recs mean nothing to me and the fact you never rec any of our posts is the least of our worries. It's just that you have been caught in your own juvenile behavior and we know it rattles your cage. It means so much for your names to be up in the spot light. We just find it laughable is all. It is funny how people will compete over the silliest stuff. Here I will give you a rec for your crap posts. I don't keep score it is too stupid. It is one of the least intelligent things I have ever seen. Want a little gold star to show your mommy too?😵

Edit: One other thing. The Silent Majority and the Marshals of the Majority Rock. Stop being so Jealous of our future and present success . I would hate to be in a clan that has to have such a lopsided handicap and send in their spy's just to try and manipulate an advantage to a simple clan challenge. Good luck. You losers are going to need it.
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 08:59
    Sorry Scotch, do you ever have it all wrong. We are opposed to it because of the nastiness that comes from it. Your posts are crap Hopper just like everyone else's. No better or no worse. It is just you guys try over and over to artificially inflate their importance. Your ego's are a mess. Recs mean nothing to me and the fact you never rec any of our po ...[text shortened]... least intelligent things I have ever seen. Want a little gold star to show your mommy too?😵
    You've been a member of this site for less than one year. You, under the guidance of your clan leader, who has been a member of this site for 7 months, have decided what is best for everyone else, so you've decided to destroy something that we have all found valuable for years.

The only understandible motivation for your considerable premeditated action is that the people you are most jealous of have more recommendations than you.

You who dare to think that you can decide what is best for this site out of your own petty jealousy, you are fools.

And your line: "Your posts are crap Hopper just like everyone else's."

You cannot comment on my posts, because I am quite certain that you have not read all 2,430 of them.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 09:33
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    You've been a member of this site for less than one year. You, under the guidance of your clan leader, who has been a member of this site for 7 months, have decided what is best for everyone else, so you've decided to destroy something that we have all found valuable for years.

The only understandible motivation for your considerable premeditated action ...[text shortened]... t comment on my posts, because I am quite certain that you have not read all 2,430 of them.
    You haven't really been here that much longer than I have just a couple of years. That is a short time in a lifetime. Blink and a year is gone. Nothing has been destroyed. You are overreacting just like kids always do. You act as if you have been here a thousand years. Good God already. Is this what this is all about? You feel like you are loosing your seniority? Do you somehow feel threatened that new people are coming in with ideas and social beliefs. There is room for a lot of people here. Stop trying to control everyone. Here you want another rec to keep you from crying in your cheerios?

P.s. "understandable." It's OK to use the correct spelling in the general forums even if you are somewhat lax in Private.
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 12:00
    Recs mean nothing to me.
    For someone who doesn't care about recs, you don't half go on about them.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 12:50
    The recs are now reset, and now limited in number per person in a 30 day period.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree