1. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 22:01
    RHP's hospitality is being abused by new users. Yesterday some dude with a provisional rating started spamming the forums. He even started a thread to "apologise" for spamming. Today someone with 0 games in RHP starts off this thread
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=48988

Perhaps it would be best to have a rule where you cannot post in the forum until you have completed 20 games.
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 22:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. London
    Moves
    04 Aug '06 22:20
    Originally posted by z00t
    RHP's hospitality is being abused by new users. Yesterday some dude with a provisional rating started spamming the forums. He even started a thread to "apologise" for spamming. Today someone with 0 games in RHP starts off this thread

Perhaps it would be best to have a rule where you cannot post in the forum until you have completed 20 games.
    ThudanBlunder is an old player who was very active in the chess forums (and others) around a year ago.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 00:31
    Today someone with 0 games in RHP starts off this thread
    Can't see anything there to object to?
  5. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 17:093 edits

6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '06 18:03

7. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 12:57
    RHP's hospitality is being abused by new users. Perhaps it would be best to have a rule where you cannot post in the forum until you have completed 20 games.
    I know what you mean but when I first started I found the Help forum very.... well, helpful.
  8. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 13:261 edit

Or even better, they shouldn't be able to start threads or post in the general forum until they've got at least 25 recs...

Or how about a moves/rec = max posts ratio?

EDIT: Except Bowmann, of course...
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by c99ux
    Or even better, they shouldn't be able to start threads or post in the general forum until they've got at least 25 recs...

Never mind childish recs. Do you realize that the initiator of this thread is a freeloader (non-subscriber)?

Perhaps it would be best to have a rule where you cannot post in the forum until you have completed 20 games and paid for them by subscribing.
  10. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '06 19:32
    A much more sensible suggestion would be to have a rule whereby you cannot post in the forum or play chess if you have completed 20 games and not yet subscribed.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 03:441 edit
    Originally posted by ThudanBlunder
    A much more sensible suggestion would be to have a rule whereby you cannot post in the forum or play chess if you have completed 20 games and not yet subscribed.
    That would rule you out then wouldn't it? 🙄

Also;
    At least he's actually played some chess here - unlike some.
  12. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 11:415 edits
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    That would rule you out then wouldn't it? 🙄
    Also;
    At least he's actually played some chess here - unlike some.
    Not until I have played 20 games. Actually, I played 1 game last year with a different account (before relocating and losing my old email address). That experience did not make me hanker after more. As I haven't subscribed I don't see why I should play for free. Who is worse: a non-subscriber who plays for free or a non-subscriber who doesn't? I go to my local chess club once a week and that's enough for me. Anyway, why the fixation on playing? That is only one part of this site. I don't see anybody saying if you play for free you must post in the forums (which is a much more sensible idea).
  13. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 13:22
    There is nothing wrong with folk like me who play AND post in the forums. I click on the adverts and that gives RHP valuable income. Since the collapse of my ISP, I'm looking for a new one and the adverts displayed are helpful.

The reason for me not subscribing is that RHP is purely used to sharpen my other chess activities ie online blitz and OTB play. So until RHP can satisfy all of my chess needs I would not need to make commitments elsewhere.

It is however out of order for a forum only user of RHP who wants to spread his brand of confusionism here. It raises the possibility of a user either having multiple accounts ie some are for playing and some for spamming the forums.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 13:35
    There is nothing wrong with folk like me who [b]play AND post in the forums. I click on the adverts and that gives RHP valuable income. Since the collapse of my ISP, I'm looking for a new one and the adverts displayed are helpful.

The reason for me not subscribing is that RHP is purely used to sharpen my other chess activities ie online blitz and ...[text shortened]... r either having multiple accounts ie some are for playing and some for spamming the forums[/b].[/b]
    What are you still doing here? You've in the past said that 'correspondence isn't proper chess'.
  15. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '06 13:382 edits
    It raises the possibility of a user either having multiple accounts ie some are for playing and some for spamming the forums.[/b]
    These ideas you have that I am spamming the forums and playing with multiple accounts reverberate only within your own cranial echo-chamber. And that of Caro Kan, a proven spammer, engine user, and multiple account holder himself.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=46735

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree