1. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 19:55
    How is it that you make improvments to the interface, but yet let the mod team p!$$ off people. It seems they can act without impunity. I know that when I send feedback the responce is along the lines that mods can do what they do. Well I'm sick of it! Perhapse you don't give a crap, but I do. I spend some free time, and what was at one time open and engaging has devolved into 1. Don't post a word that has more than one meaning, it might offend someone who can't read context. 2. Don't question the silencing of disenters.If you let mods act without impunity, you should let people question their actions. 3. If feedback is sent, don't exspect someone to listen objectivly. I think you have too much faith in a volenteer force. Even the noble volenteer can become corupted or worse incompetent.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 20:162 edits
    The majority of mods do a great job here! Perhaps the few you have conflicts with are just personality conflicts, such as I have with at least one mod, but we acknowledge our differences, and move on.

The Mods have to moderate for the whole RHP community, not just for a few of us. Everyone's tastes are different, and not everyone is going to be pleased all of the time.

I figure this should be worth big time brownie points.... 😛 before you ask. 😏

EDIT: Plus a little payback for you calling me an idiot! 😛 😉

Oh volunteer is spelled like this. Sorry for an idiot showing you a grammar error. 😉
  3. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 20:52
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    The majority of mods do a great job here! Perhaps the few you have conflicts with are just personality conflicts, such as I have with at least one mod, but we acknowledge our differences, and move on.

The Mods have to moderate for the whole RHP community, not just for a few of us. Everyone's tastes are different, and not everyone is going to be pleased ...[text shortened]... 😛 😉

Oh volunteer is spelled like this. Sorry for an idiot showing you a grammar error. 😉
    STFU Rusty... mods suck.. but Russ doesn't know what to do about it anyways... besides as long as people keep paying ... Russ dont give a flyiing F*** what YOu think.. I doubt he thinks about his pile of crap mod team as he drives his Ferrari to the bank.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 20:552 edits
    Originally posted by epic0002
    STFU Rusty... mods suck.. but Russ doesn't know what to do about it anyways... besides as long as people keep paying ... Russ dont give a flyiing F*** what YOu think.. I doubt he thinks about his pile of crap mod team as he drives his Ferrari to the bank.
    LOL...Everyone has an opinion, do you think yours is the only one to be listened to, or do you think I have never complained about the Moderator system?

Or are you just trying to be a tough arse behind your keyboard. 😛 😉

As I have said in the past the mod system does not mean 1, 2, or even 3 mods, there are 8, and I don't think it is fair to say they are all bad, or even the ones you don't agree with are bad for that matter.

If you pay attention to the forums, you might have seen my "words of war" with the mods, at different times. 😛
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 21:001 edit
    Why are people always pissed at the mods when the COMMUNITY does the alerting?

You had a thread removed, maybe it was with 'good' reason, maybe not.
    The thing to remember here is that you have many different people from different countries, walks of life etc. alerting posts and then you have different mods seeing and having to act on this.

Your thread was alerted and a mod removed it. Was it really such an epic piece of literature that you can be this mad about it?
  6. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 21:18
    Originally posted by Crowley

The thing to remember here is that you have many different people from different countries, walks of life etc. alerting posts and then you have different mods seeing and having to act on this.

Your thre ...[text shortened]... removed it. Was it really such an epic piece of literature that you can be this mad about it?
    Sorry but I don't think you are right here. I had a thread removed by a mod because it had the word "C0CK" In the title. The bird not the other one.
    So I point out that it was deleated without investigatin, and that was deleated! Frankly I find the mods incompetent, though not as bad as when MissO was with them. Still the point being is that Russ dosn't get involved when there are people that don't like what is happining. The most common responce I get is that mods are volenteers. Granted it is thankless but that shouldn't exclude them critique. I don't think they are doing a very good job now. I think that there is too much factioning determining what is modable and what isn't.
    As far as the comunity part, mods don't have to act on everything. By your logic if I alert 10 posts for what ever reason mods should delete them and nobody should question if the posts were offensive because its not the mods that caused the post to disappear.
  7. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 21:22

Your thre ...[text shortened]... removed it. Was it really such an epic piece of literature that you can be this mad about it?
    Regardless of what the post was the censorship of non offensive posts that question the actions of a mod is a blatent abuse of a mods power. If mods act without impunity other users will get p!$$ed. Do you think they have no cause to get upset? If you think they have no case I can tell what camp you are in.
  8. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 21:43
    that brings up an interesting point.......why was moderation not so bias and inconsistent when Miss O was on the team? I think we all have seen AND agree the team could be alot better.
  9. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 21:51

Everything that somebody posts can be alerted.... but your inconsistency and ignorance ruins the process. For example one of my post calling you fat was once removed ... but 364 other ones remain... and that fact of the matter is you're a tub. Another example... all my ethnic jokes (which automatically is deemed racist because i said it) are removed instantly... while Phlab once posted a whole slew of racial one-liners that he previously removed and they were not removed until I launched a anti -Phlab mod campaign.. which we are told we are not allowed to do or we will get banned.
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 22:00
    Originally posted by epic0002
    Everything that somebody posts can be alerted.... but your inconsistency and ignorance ruins the process. For example one of my post calling you fat was once removed ... but 364 other ones remain... and that fact of the matter is you're a tub. Another example... all my ethnic jokes (which automatically is deemed racist because i said it) are removed instant ...[text shortened]... a anti -Phlab mod campaign.. which we are told we are not allowed to do or we will get banned.
    Ignorance? That's something you seem to be an expert on... There is inconsistency because, for the hundredth time, different time zones, different mods, with different people alerting posts means that sometimes inconsistencies will creep in.

The mod system is not perfect, but you are part of the problem with posts like these.
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 22:021 edit
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Regardless of what the post was the censorship of non offensive posts that question the actions of a mod is a blatent abuse of a mods power. If mods act without impunity other users will get p!$$ed. Do you think they have no cause to get upset? If you think they have no case I can tell what camp you are in.
    Sorry, but with a certain faction of people on this site inciting trouble because some mods share a clan, we get just as pissed when people post unsubstantiated, spiteful posts about these mods in prticular and the modding in general, that only degenerate into a huge mud-slinging.

Who needs that? It helps no-one.
  12. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 22:111 edit
    Sorry, but with a certain faction of people on this site inciting trouble because some mods share a clan, we get just as pissed when people post unsubstantiated, spiteful posts about these mods in prticular and the modding in general, that only degenerate into a huge mud-slinging.

Who needs that? It helps no-one.
    Well things could be substantiated , but they get deleted! You honestly belive the mods can't be questioned and held accountable? Sounds like modspeak! Don't question us, poor us, we only misuse our power to protect people from all over, even those too stupid to read! Ever read "Fahrenheit 451"? They only burned the books to protect people!
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 22:20
    Well things could be substantiated , but they get deleted! You honestly belive the mods can't be questioned and held accountable? Sounds like modspeak! Don't question us, poor us, we only misuse our power to protect people from all over, even those too stupid to read! Ever read "Fahrenheit 451"? They only burned the books to protect people!
    Don't be ridiculous. If we really were so 'drunk on power' why am I debating this with you?

There are many forums around the web where ANY discourse regarding moderation is deleted out of hand.
    Here, you are allowed to start threads, but "mods=gestapo", surely you can see why we deleted that thread? You may have been angry, but that type of thread just helps no-one...
  14. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 22:34
    Don't be ridiculous. If we really were so 'drunk on power' why am I debating this with you?

There are many forums around the web where ANY discourse regarding moderation is deleted out of hand.
    Here, you are allowed to start threads, but "mods=gestapo", surely you can see why we deleted that thread? You may have been angry, but that type of thread just helps no-one...
    gestapo had the authority to act with impunity.
    "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly"
    How about the other threads that disappeared? How long should I exspect this thread to stay. I figured I could gain time by addressing it to Russ. I'm sure when a mod hears enough it will disappear too. Your drunk on power statment speaks volumes about the power you wield. I can read that as, If I want I could delete this one too. Would you admit mods make mistakes, or are you under the impresion that if a mod does somthing that people disagree with, the mods discretion should not be questioned? Russ seems to have complete faith in the mods ability. The reason for starting this is to let it be know that some may disagree. Russ dosn't have to change anything he dosn't want to, but I do want to voice my opinion(untill it gets silenced).
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 22:39
    gestapo had the authority to act with impunity.
    "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly"
    How about the other threads that disappeared? How long should I exspect this thread to stay. I figured I could gain time by addressing it to Russ. I'm sure when a mod hears enough it will disappear too. Your drunk on power statment speaks volum ...[text shortened]... nge anything he dosn't want to, but I do want to voice my opinion(untill it gets silenced).
    Sure, mods make mistakes. We're just human after all...
    But if you think it's OK to start a thread equating a mod hiding a dubiously named thread full of idiotic sexual innuendo to the Getapo, then I'm sorry, but this conversation is over.

And no, I won't hide your thread because of critique, but try to keep it civil at least.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree