-VR
    Then just stop it.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 01:06
    @very-rusty said
    You see that is something I don't even think about. If I have something to say, I will say it rather it kills the thread doesn't really matter to me.

-VR
    Rusty, as I keep telling you, that word doesn't mean what you think it does.

Whether. The word you want is whether. Go back to school.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 16:01
    @suzianne said
    Rusty, as I keep telling you, that word doesn't mean what you think it does.

Whether. The word you want is whether. Go back to school.
    I am in a chess forum not an English class Suzie Q!

Perhaps something you might want to keep in mind.

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 15:09
    @eladar said
    Lol, thumbs down mean nothing.

You got over 3 thumbs down Wolf, I guess you need to self ban from this forum.
    He is up to 10 thumbs down now......Jeeze he is doing better then me!!! 😉

-VR
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 16:54
    @kewpie said
    Banal posters eventually kill forums, in a way that even the one-eyed conspiracy theorists cannot do. They're just unanswerable. Like the guy at the party who interrupts every conversation with some irrelevancy, triggering a disruption of thought processes and causing individuals to just walk away. They may re-form and attempt to continue their exchange of ideas, but the bo ...[text shortened]...
    Anonymity is a wonderful thing. Replace "party" with "business meeting" and see the difference.
    I'm thinking Ivanka Trump.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 18:34
    @suzianne said
    Then just stop it.
    What?

-VR
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 00:23
    @suzianne said
    I'm thinking Ivanka Trump.
    How so?
  8. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 09:56
    @very-rusty said
    There is a difference between being an out going person and being full of ourselves.

-VR
    I love it when rusty waxes into a philosophical mode; especially when he thinks he's being clever.
    It reminds me of my son's facial expression as he tied his own shoe for the first time.

Priceless.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 10:37
    @kewpie said
    How so?
    Let me find the video of what exactly I'm talking about. I know it's out there, I just have to find it.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 17:53
    @wolfe63 said
    I love it when rusty waxes into a philosophical mode; especially when he thinks he's being clever.
    It reminds me of my son's facial expression as he tied his own shoe for the first time.

Priceless.
    LOL@ wolfy,
    Funny you would compare me to your son tying his shoe for the first time....Did you think you were being clever?

-VR
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 20:452 edits
    @petewxyz said
    I suppose you could have something like an automatic two day sin bin (forum only ban) for acquiring ten red thumbs in 24 hours? Short but immediate consequences can be very effective, but it could be open to misuse and then you start to need a referee reviewing the thumbs... I like the idea though if it was trial and review?
    This has been suggested many times before. The only problem with the idea is that certain clubs/clans would collude to “gang-rec” certain posters post or threads. As one of the clubs you are in Club 395 has done on at least one occasion, maybe more.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 10:371 edit

Removed by poster

13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 17:24
    @petewxyz said
    I suppose you could have something like an automatic two day sin bin (forum only ban) for acquiring ten red thumbs in 24 hours? Short but immediate consequences can be very effective, but it could be open to misuse and then you start to need a referee reviewing the thumbs... I like the idea though if it was trial and review?

Here is the problem with that idea, with my fan club I can get 10 red thumbs down in an hour, perhaps less. It becomes a who's popular and who isn't thing then.

-VR
  14. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 18:54
    @very-rusty said
    @petewxyz said

Here is the problem with that ...[text shortened]... ed thumbs down in an hour, perhaps less. It becomes a who's popular and who isn't thing then.

-VR
    You'll never get a thumb of any description from me Rusty.
    I think they're a silly idea and I never use them or even look at them
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 00:10
    @kewpie said
    How so?
    Yeah, never mind, I guess. I tried to find the videos I was talking about, but they are years old, so... besides it really wasn't that important, just a side point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree