1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 12:45
    Originally posted by Giannotti
    This thread is disintegrating a bit, but there were some very good suggestions

- every game in a challenge counts

- no negative points, you get a point for each game you win, no point in resigning

Regarding ELO

- it's a good system, but perhaps it's being applied at the wrong level

- each player should have clan rating, uncoupled from thei ...[text shortened]... iring rule, it's not needed with ELO

- this may help to address the possibility of stagnation
    excellent suggestions although I am nor convinced that doing away with the 200 point rating is such a good idea. Maybe I am wrong though.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 12:56
    Regarding collusion

- the clans that are responsible did this to make a statement

- this brought the problems with clan play into sharp relief

- i'd like to see a point rollback to address this

- i volunteer the points The Fast Players won against these clans

(for the record, i was new to clan leadership and it took me a while to realize what was happening, since then i have respectfully declined their challenges)

- there are excellent players and good leaders in these clans

- i don't want them banned, just corrected

- i hope we can get things sorted out so i can challenge them again
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 13:02

- no negative points, you get a point for each game you win, no point in resigning

Regarding ELO

- each player should have clan rating, uncoupled from thei ...[text shortened]... iring rule, it's not needed with ELO

There must be a safeguard against collusion in any new system
    Must be a limit on a clan losing against the same clan over and over as has happened and continues to happen
    To stop the cheats moving clans so they can hand the mother clan free points a limit on the player
    No player can lose against the same clan more than 12 times a year
    That will cut the collusion never stop it no system ever will
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 13:04
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The clan system was flawed before collusion got going; some people just did not want to see that (and some still don't). Collusion made it so obvious it could no longer be ignored.

Stop making it personal. It's not about McT or Robbie or anyone in particular. It's about identifying and correcting flaws in the system.
    So you admit that robbie and the sisters were colluding now??
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 13:50
    Originally posted by roma45
    There must be a safeguard against collusion in any new system
    Must be a limit on a clan losing against the same clan over and over as has happened and continues to happen
    To stop the cheats moving clans so they can hand the mother clan free points a limit on the player
    No player can lose against the same clan more than 12 times a year
    That will cut the collusion never stop it no system ever will
    Already been dealt with by example and with reference. Russ has stated and I have shown how collusion will no longer be a problem because there will be no incentives. Now perhaps we can address sandbagging.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 14:16
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    So you admit that robbie and the sisters were colluding now??
    I never doubted it. The circumstantial evidence is damning.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 14:17
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Dear Russ,

Can we get an update on the next steps to fix the clan system.

The last one seems to be a bomb so I expect the more important ones such as getting rid of the colluding clans and rolling back points etc are still to come.

This seems to be a very slow process. I have continued to pay my subscription fee with the expectation that last ...[text shortened]... of course

Please let us know what is happening as your silence at the moment is deafening !!
    I agree. We need some reassurance that the scoring fix is really a fix, not a whitewash, and that the other issues will be addressed as well.
  8. Here
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 14:24
    I seem to remember that sand bagging was brought up when I first joined the site
    One of the idea's was to have a floor that one couldn't go below
    There was a suggestion of 50 points below your highest rating
    This idea would also sort out people who let a whole number of challenges time out and then come back join tournaments and wipe everybody out
    The only thing I see against such an idea would be if someone had a purple patch and shot up they would have a bit of a struggle on their hands for a while
    To ease this it could be reduced gradually back to a comfortable level over a period of challenges say 10 at a time
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 14:39
    Originally posted by padger
    I seem to remember that sand bagging was brought up when I first joined the site
    One of the idea's was to have a floor that one couldn't go below
    There was a suggestion of 50 points below your highest rating
    This idea would also sort out people who let a whole number of challenges time out and then come back join tournaments and wipe everybody out
    The onl ...[text shortened]... ld be reduced gradually back to a comfortable level over a period of challenges say 10 at a time
    You may be referring to range, rather than a floor. It was suggested that player pairings be kept within 200 rating points. Is that what you were thinking of?
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 14:46

Regarding ELO

Very sensible suggestions. Some here insist on additional safeguards against collusion; this too needs to be addressed.
  11. Here
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 14:50
    You may be referring to range, rather than a floor. It was suggested that player pairings be kept within 200 rating points. Is that what you were thinking of?
    No it was proposed at the time that a player could not drop below their floor which would be 50 points below their highest rating
    My only problem with this idea is if you had a purple patch that could hurt you for a long time
    I wonder if this could be something along the lines of you can only drop 1 point per lost challenge this would to some degree sort out the time out problem as well
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 15:28
    No it was proposed at the time that a player could not drop below their floor which would be 50 points below their highest rating
    My only problem with this idea is if you had a purple patch that could hurt you for a long time
    I wonder if this could be something along the lines of you can only drop 1 point per lost challenge this would to some degree sort out the time out problem as well
    Um, is this floor supposed to prevent sandbagging?
  13. Here
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 15:36
    Um, is this floor supposed to prevent sandbagging?
    Yes
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 20:12
    Yes
    a rating floor will not stop players like mctayto from sandnagging he will just ruin more tournaments to keep his rating down
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 05:11
    Yes
    It wouldn't have the desired effect, for the same reason as treating thrown games as unrated. It would only make a mockery of the rating system.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree