Strict Touch Rule Chess at RHP

Strict Touch Rule Chess at RHP

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
17 Oct 11

Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

P-

Moves
17 Oct 11

Unless they put it up their nose, ass or any other hole they might have. That's the game forfeited.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Once a player touches a piece, they should need to move that piece if possible. Can you make this work, Russ?

P-
you are talking about Blitz, right?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
18 Oct 11

P-
You'd have to disable the analyze board option as players can try out their move using it without "touching" the piece.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by venda
You'd have to disable the analyze board option as players can try out their move using it without "touching" the piece.
This is coming together very well.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
18 Oct 11

In a soon to be released update every move must be a conditional move. That makes this idea obsolete.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Oct 11

Originally posted by thaughbaer
In a soon to be released update every move must be a conditional move. That makes this idea obsolete.
Perfect! If you're not good enough at chess to know what your opponent is going to do you don't deserve a win.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
18 Oct 11

P-
Just get out your own chess board. So what is the use of this?

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
18 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
This is a good point. In internet based chess you can't really touch the piece without causing considerable screen damage. More appropriate would be "look and move".

Moves
19 Oct 11

This is a good point. In internet based chess you can't really touch the piece without causing considerable screen damage. More appropriate would be "look and move".
Touch screens.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by Trev33
Touch screens.
Exactly. The piece is behind the screen. Without pushing your finger through the outer membrane you can't actually touch the piece.

Moves
19 Oct 11

Exactly. The piece is behind the screen. Without pushing your finger through the outer membrane you can't actually touch the piece.
If you touch the screen to move the pieces are you not in effect touching the pieces?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Oct 11

I don't know RBHILL. You made the statement. What IS the use of me getting out my own board?

Please let me know, because I see no value or solution by getting my own board out while trying to improve RHP for EVERYONE with a no touch rule.

Keep me posted.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
19 Oct 11

Originally posted by Trev33
If you touch the screen to move the pieces are you not in effect touching the pieces?
No. This would be like touching pieces with a stick OTB. You can move pieces or beat your opponent with a stick OTB without fear of being forced to move that piece.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Oct 11

No. This would be like touching pieces with a stick OTB. You can move pieces or beat your opponent with a stick OTB without fear of being forced to move that piece.
Some of the greatest chess players have had their hand surgically removed and replaced with a hook just to beat the system.

P-