The beta board code is complete!

The beta board code is complete!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Is the new group going to be added to the beta soon?
Not until I have had time to respond to all raised issues. Otherwise error reports just get duplicated and the changes don't get tested.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Jan 06

Game names are now removed when viewing the games of others.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Jan 06

Skip games should now be functioning as normal.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Jan 06

Clicking 'move' without making a move (or an invalid move) will save game notes. So game notes can now be saved at anytime.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by Aiko
On my iMac with a tft monitor I am really having a hard time when I want to make a move, distinguishing the green / greyish squares that indicate the previous position of my opponents move, and all the grey squares.

Would be nice if they would be as dark as the green / greyish squares that pop up when I move one of my own pieces.
Is this any better now?

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
When I look at a public game, the board is shown from black's point of view. Quite confusing, especially when the game has come so far that you can't easily tell which side is which. I first wondered if I had accidentally flipped the board, but it always comes up like that.
This is now fixed. I am not sure how this one got by me. 😳

-Russ

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by Russ
Clicking 'move' without making a move (or an invalid move) will save game notes. So game notes can now be saved at anytime.

-Russ
It works, but I don't think its as nice as the way you have it when its not your move, ie: the "Save Notebook Changes" link under the notebook.

Its not at all intuitive to a new user, so I imagine the question "how do I save notebook changes when it is my move without making a move?" will still be asked.

D

m
Moo

UK

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
It works, but I don't think its as nice as the way you have it when its not your move, ie: the "Save Notebook Changes" link under the notebook.

Its not at all intuitive to a new user, so I imagine the question "how do I save notebook changes when it is my move without making a move?" will still be asked.

D
True. It's nice, but not very intuative for the "move" button to make notebook changes - only people who knew about it would click it. It's also overloading the most important button. Cue lots of people going "argh I only meant to save a note and I made a move by accident"

m
Moo

UK

Moves
30 Jan 06

Skip games should now be functioning as normal.

-Russ
Yep, seems to be working fine for me.. 🙂

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
30 Jan 06

Is this any better now?

-Russ
I cannot really tell a difference. Sorry.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by Aiko
I cannot really tell a difference. Sorry.
No wait, I see a slight improvement. I can live with this.

s

Moves
31 Jan 06

-Russ
Not very intuitive. Why can't you show the link for saving notebook even on a move? You could do almost the exact same thing you do when the link is shown now. Update a hidden field to let the script know that what's coming is not a move but a notebook update. Then javascript submit the form.

Or am I missing something here? 🙂

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
31 Jan 06

Originally posted by Freddie2006
Game 1737196

For some reason I cannot navigate through the game using the forward button. I have to click through manually. But I can use the other three buttons. 😕
This just happened to me as well.

The "Go to Start" and "Go to End" were fine, and I didn't test the back 1 move button 😳, but the forward one move button did nothing when I was at the start of the game.

I restarted Firefox to get it back working.

D

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
31 Jan 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
This just happened to me as well.

The "Go to Start" and "Go to End" were fine, and I didn't test the back 1 move button 😳, but the forward one move button did nothing when I was at the start of the game.

I restarted Firefox to get it back working.

D
It is happening quite regularly for me.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
31 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by mrmist
Pretty much a bug free day today.
In the associated screenshot, you can see that the word "check" is visible. This text should not be there. I was in check - and probably will be check.jpg
" text.
This should now be fixed.

-Russ