The beta board code is complete!

The beta board code is complete!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
01 Feb 06

Originally posted by Russ
The forms for changing board styles and sizes are still not updated to match the new code. This should be appearing before the end of the week.

-Russ
Ah was just about to say changed the board styles quite a few times and nothing happened. Cool cool.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Feb 06

Originally posted by reader1107
When I had problems with the game history buttons, I used reset all instead.
I just got this to happen to me again.

I had 1 window open with a game history in it, and 1 analyse game screen. I figured it was linked to what variables being set in one place and then not being reinitialised somewhere else, so I was trying to put the game history back to the start in analyse game and then trying to go back to the start in Game History.

This didn't recreate the problem, but then I went to analyse a different game, and when the analyse game popped up again, I could use the BackToStart button. Reset all didn't work, and I had to close down the analyse game window to get it back to normal.

I'll try again.

D

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
01 Feb 06

Would it be possible to write in the en-passant rule into the analyse board feature... Instead of having to take the pawn then move that pawn down 1?

b
Cheesy

Home

Moves
01 Feb 06

Originally posted by blindcheesecake
One minor issue.
The green square under the rook is very faint on my screen. It is ligher then it is on any of the other games for some strange reason. When I look at my LCD at a sharp angle I can see it, but when looking strait at it, it is nearly invisible.
please refer to the screen shot.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/blindcheesecake/Rhpscreenshot1.jpg

Edit: slightly darker in IE than in firefox.
Actualy at work on my CRT I am not having the problem. It must be my cheap LCD that came with my computer.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
01 Feb 06

I have the same problem. I am playing on an iMac with an enclosed tft monitor. I don't think my monitor is bad quality. Russ had adjusted it a bit (I 'think' I can see a difference), but that change doesn't make me very enthousiastic yet... Maybe the colour should be just as dark as the green squares that pop up when you make a move yourself...? Hardly that will get people confused.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
01 Feb 06

A strange occurance: http://aiko.talens.nl/diversen/rhp2.gif.
The text of the RHP menus in the red bar was set a less intense white for two continues pages. Only two pages, then it went back to the (I assume) correct whiteness as my name and number of games information at the upper right indicate. I haven't seen it before happening, so I just easily assume it is has something to do with the newest RHP version.

Browser Safari 1.2.3, Mac OS 10.3.5.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
01 Feb 06

Hmmmm, I now have the feeling it has something to do with me / my browser. I just noticed it happening again (multiple times), and once even part of the words were white and parts were more red as in the picture. Guess it has something to do with my just installed older version of Mac OS 10.3.5 instead of the 10.3.9 I have used all previous months...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 Feb 06

Anyone using the IE7 beta yet? I may build a spare machine up to test if no one has it yet.

-Russ

b
Cheesy

Home

Moves
01 Feb 06

Originally posted by Aiko
I have the same problem. I am playing on an iMac with an enclosed tft monitor. I don't think my monitor is bad quality. Russ had adjusted it a bit (I 'think' I can see a difference), but that change doesn't make me very enthousiastic yet... Maybe the colour should be just as dark as the green squares that pop up when you make a move yourself...? Hardly that will get people confused.
I have tried to change the colors, contrast and brightness and which only helps if I completly unbalance the colors. The problem lies when your opponent makes a move to or from a white square. If the green color was a little more bold I don't think there would be this problem

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
01 Feb 06
1 edit

Anyone using the IE7 beta yet? I may build a spare machine up to test if no one has it yet.

-Russ
I am trying it on IE7 now. Will get back to you on how it works soon.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Feb 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I just got this to happen to me again.

I had 1 window open with a game history in it, and 1 analyse game screen. I figured it was linked to what variables being set in one place and then not being reinitialised somewhere else, so I was trying to put the game history back to the start in analyse game and then trying to go back to the start in Game Histor ...[text shortened]... had to close down the analyse game window to get it back to normal.

I'll try again.

D
This just happened again. Different sequence of events to the last time.

Could you temporarily display some of the values of the variables in the beta version so we could help you track down the problem?

D

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
01 Feb 06

-Russ
I know it's a short time frame since I started IE7, the only issue I am seeing, and it is minor, the initial board takes a coule extra seconds to load. after that, no other problems at this point. through approximately 100 or so moves

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
02 Feb 06

Just had a problem with the analyse board... but can`t seem to recreate it.

Was going through a current game made a couple of moves and then tried to get back to the start of the game by clicking the |< button and nothing happened. Wouldn`t take the game back to move 1.

Will try to recreate it.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
02 Feb 06
1 edit

-Russ
Not sure if it is part of the test, but on IE7, when sending a ,move reminder, it opens into a new tab on the browser. Not sure if that is such a good idea, as it could very quickly lead to multiple tabs being left open on the systems.

EDIT: Of course now that I am trying to duplicate it, it doesn't happen.

s

Moves
02 Feb 06

I just used the setup board feature in New Game (to setup a puzzle for a friend) and I have three comments:

1. There should be a clear board link so that I can setup a puzzle instead of having to remove almost all pieces to begin with.
2. The previous board where you could choose pieces from a panel on the right side of the board was much better than having to popup that menu all the time and toggle color.
3. It should be possible to setup a puzzle so that one king is in check to begin with.