The beta board code is complete!

The beta board code is complete!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
04 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Aiko
A strange occurance: http://aiko.talens.nl/diversen/rhp2.gif.
The text of the RHP menus in the red bar was set a less intense white for two continues pages. Only two pages, then it went back to the (I assume) correct whiteness as my name and number of games information at the upper right indicate. I haven't seen it before happening, so I just easily assume it is has something to do with the newest RHP version.

Browser Safari 1.2.3, Mac OS 10.3.5.
This seem to happen ONLY and EVERYTIME when I am viewing my own games via the page /core/playchess.php. Everything goes well when I view games via the board history (/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php).

And not only on Safari 1.2.3, Mac OS 10.3.5, I am now running on Safari 1.2.4 with Mac OS 10.3.8, which shows the same thing.

By the way, if it is valuable information; if I view a menu, that menu is transparant (I can see the icons of Open Invites, or Find Player and the game board through the menu), but each item in that menu (like My Private Forums in the Forums menu, et cetera) gets a normal white background when I move my cursor on in.

I can provide a screenshot if that is appreciated.

b
Cheesy

Home

Moves
05 Feb 06

Originally posted by Russ
That means my earlier attempt to fix it failed. I have no idea why firefox is doing this. It is a browser bug for sure.

-Russ
It seems to only do it when a peice was captured on the last turn.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
05 Feb 06

Does this problem still persist?

If so, make a move, (it will be slow, as you describe)
Then delete you browser cache and let me know if the problem continues. Thanks.

-Russ
Clearing the cache helps it some but it is slow to respond. I get the feeling it has more to do with this server rather than the site. I have no problem on my home system running IE6

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
05 Feb 06

Originally posted by KJCavalier
Not sure if it is part of the test, but on IE7, when sending a ,move reminder, it opens into a new tab on the browser. Not sure if that is such a good idea, as it could very quickly lead to multiple tabs being left open on the systems.

EDIT: Of course now that I am trying to duplicate it, it doesn't happen.
Ok Figured out what happened here, and I think it is an IE7 design.

If you click on any link using the scroll wheel button, it will open the link into another tab.

This doesn't happen on IE6 (I know version 6 doesn't have tabs, it just doesn't open into another window)

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Feb 06

Clearing the cache helps it some but it is slow to respond. I get the feeling it has more to do with this server rather than the site. I have no problem on my home system running IE6
I will update the code with a new compressed file, which should improve things (this was always intended, but left until I knew everything else was working OK.).

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Feb 06

After promoting a pawn, the goto next game feature is not working. Is this intentional?
This is not intended.

-Russ

N

The sky

Moves
06 Feb 06

I just found out that the fast forward button in the analysis board sometimes leads back to the last position in the game, other times it doesn't do anything. In both cases, I was in a set up position before clicking the button, and it was in the same game. I tried several times and could reproduce both behaviours, but I can't see a pattern.

N

The sky

Moves
06 Feb 06

The email backup for PMs doesn't seem to work. Maybe that function just isn't activated in the beta version? I wish I had known that before I deleted a pile of PMs. 🙁

to

Moves
06 Feb 06

Russ, just thought you might appreciate an update.I have had no problems with the beta thus far, it seems to be working fine for me. I like the updated time displays- very helpful.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Feb 06

Originally posted by the one00
Russ, just thought you might appreciate an update.I have had no problems with the beta thus far, it seems to be working fine for me. I like the updated time displays- very helpful.
Excellent. Thanks. I need to spend a little more time getting some final gremlins sorted and this code is nearly ready to release.

I have almost finished the new board selection form, which I will make available tomorrow. I have added some sets from some freeware chess fonts to the list too, giving a larger variety to choose from.

-Russ

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
07 Feb 06

Excellent. Thanks. I need to spend a little more time getting some final gremlins sorted and this code is nearly ready to release.

I have almost finished the new board selection form, which I will make available tomorrow. I have added some sets from some freeware chess fonts to the list too, giving a larger variety to choose from.

-Russ
Now this is what I a ready to see.

KJ

m
Moo

UK

Moves
07 Feb 06
1 edit

-Russ
I'm not sure if this is completely finished yet, but I've been looking at the new board change screen. Very impressive.

A couple of issues so far -

One, minor issue, that it always says "this set was produced by" even if there is no producer.

Another, bigger issue. I've chosen a large, wooden, maya set and get

Fatal error: [Error edited out by Russ]

On the analyse board screen (pointing to the wrong site?)

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Feb 06
2 edits

Originally posted by mrmist
I'm not sure if this is completely finished yet, but I've been looking at the new board change screen. Very impressive.

A couple of issues so far -

One, minor issue, that it always says "this set was produced by" even if there is no producer.

Sorry about that, I was called away right after the upload, so I didn't complete my beta server tests.

Both problems have now been fixed, thanks.

Now, see if you can complete all your games on the micro board.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Feb 06

Anyway, the post I intended to make, but never did, was :

Now you can select your board styles and sizes. Enjoy!

-Russ

N

The sky

Moves
07 Feb 06
1 edit

Anyway, the post I intended to make, but never did, was :

Now you can select your board styles and sizes. Enjoy!

-Russ
Nice! Maybe the different board colour choices will also solve the problem for those who had trouble seeing the green squares under some circumstances?

Edit: Is it intentional that some sets have the same size on the standard and on the large board? They look a bit lost on the large squares.