The beta board code is complete!

The beta board code is complete!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
08 Feb 06

When sending site feedback, after sending the box comes up displaying what you have sent, but the text just stays on one line as opposed to moving onto another line inside the box.

N

The sky

Moves
08 Feb 06

Originally posted by stocken
I don't know if it's supposed to be this way but I'd think not. In the thread lists, you have the table header "Last Post" appearing over number of posts, and the link to the last post. 😕
Hm, it's like that in the old version, too... Strange that I have never noticed this, or has it been changed recently?

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
09 Feb 06

Originally posted by Russ
I don't believe it is a source issue. A refresh repaired it when I saw it, and the exact same code would be rendered.

I don't see it as a 'show stopper' at the moment, but I just wish I knew the cause...

-Russ
Don`t think its really that important... doesn`t bug me. Had a few problems like that with cross browser programs...

I`m sure there are more important things to do than look and feel for the moment.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
09 Feb 06

The new player search is a nice touch, but can it be done to include aa find me search by most active, and map of the month?

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
09 Feb 06

Big bug; when moving through the site I am getting code appearing at the top of the page. 😕

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
09 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Freddie2006
Big bug; when moving through the site I am getting code appearing at the top of the page. 😕
Yeah, big bug! That should never happen, so big slap to me for uploading debug code...

-Russ

N

The sky

Moves
09 Feb 06

Originally posted by KJCavalier
The new player search is a nice touch, but can it be done to include aa find me search by most active, and map of the month?
To be honest, I liked the old player tables a lot better. They had several advantages - most importantly, they were updated instantly (but I guess there is a good reason for dropping that feature); you could see your own ranking without an extra click; and you could easily find your ranking in different categories. I also liked the layout of the old tables better, although that's not really important. It's nice to be able to search for other players (I did miss that a few times in the old tables), but it still seems to be a somewhat bad deal to me.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
10 Feb 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
To be honest, I liked the old player tables a lot better. They had several advantages - most importantly, they were updated instantly (but I guess there is a good reason for dropping that feature); you could see your own ranking without an extra click; and you could easily find your ranking in different categories. I also liked the layout of the old tables b ...[text shortened]... miss that a few times in the old tables), but it still seems to be a somewhat bad deal to me.
I'm agreeing with you on this one.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Feb 06

Originally posted by KJCavalier
I'm agreeing with you on this one.
Unfortunately, the real-time nature of the old tables had to go. I understand that less functionality is provided, not more, but making the change was necessitated by keeping the site ticking over at an acceptable speed.

I will follow this up in the other thread here (the one with the daft title 🙂 )

-Russ

m
Moo

UK

Moves
11 Feb 06

Just bumping this thread. Not found any issues in the past few days. 🙂

to

Moves
11 Feb 06

Small bug, on the player tables, I am not classed as having made any moves this month, even tho the last move column says that I last moved on the 9th Feb.
Not only me, but this is true to a lot of other people on the page as well.

Also, if you rank it via Moves this Month on page 487 (my page), people who have played 42 moves, are ranked below people who have played none!

Odd really.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
11 Feb 06

Yesterday I noticed I had less moves made in the Most Active Player table than the person below me.

And when I view the MAP of the month table (by the way; why isn't "of the month" capitalized like "Of The Month" or "of the Month"...?) and find my own spot, the order is just plain silly. Below and under me in the table I see people having made moves this month both more and less than I did.

And I like to see my own relative position like it was before, when viewing the first page with the highest moves in the MAP of the month table and the Most Active Player table.

to

Moves
11 Feb 06

Just seen anouther bug (like busses- none come then they all do)
From the "Change Time Zone" screen, if you try and navigate off the page using the "my settings" bar, a drop down list still is visible through the menu bar.
Hope that made sense!

p
The mathlete.

Australia

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by Russ
At last! I have fixed the final bug (right...) in the new board code and it is currently being uploaded to the test box.

Initially, just one person will be testing it, but by the end of the week I will open it up to all who are interested. Sorry if we have been through this process already, but if you would like to help, please post your name here and I wil ...[text shortened]... w. (and a list of remaining limitations on this beta that will be sorted out shortly)

-Russ
I'll help!

m
Moo

UK

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by the one00
Just seen anouther bug (like busses- none come then they all do)
From the "Change Time Zone" screen, if you try and navigate off the page using the "my settings" bar, a drop down list still is visible through the menu bar.
Hope that made sense!
This was discussed earlier in this thread and is a "feature" of the way the pages are rendered in the various browsers.