The beta board code is complete!

The beta board code is complete!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

The sky

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by the one00
Small bug, on the player tables, I am not classed as having made any moves this month, even tho the last move column says that I last moved on the 9th Feb.
Not only me, but this is true to a lot of other people on the page as well.

Also, if you rank it via Moves this Month on page 487 (my page), people who have played 42 moves, are ranked below people who have played none!

Odd really.
Thread 38122

There's also a thread about the player tables in this forum:
Thread 38099

to

Moves
11 Feb 06

Sorry everyone, should do my homework before posting!

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
11 Feb 06

I like the new board styles (well, besides the default, only 'sand storm', really).

But I have noticed the move indicators as I just call them (you know, the green squares that make clear where a piece was located before it was moved) are still green in my 'sand storm' style. I would suspect them to be more suited to the chosen style. In my case with those brown / orange tiles the move indicators should have a colour like dark brown / orange, or something. Light green coloured tiles of my opponents move and very bright green tiles of the move i am about to make just looks awful when surrounded by tiles with a total different colour.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
11 Feb 06

Originally posted by Aiko
Yesterday I noticed I had less moves made in the Most Active Player table than the person below me.

And when I view the MAP of the month table (by the way; why isn't "of the month" capitalized like "Of The Month" or "of the Month"...?) and find my own spot, the order is just plain silly. Below and under me in the table I see people having made moves this mon ...[text shortened]... ge with the highest moves in the MAP of the month table and the Most Active Player table.
Nevermind, I just read the two threads in the Site Announcements department.

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
12 Feb 06

I really like the brushed steel board! I still use the book piece style, though. I make sure I only play the beta on computers with firefox so I don't have the jumping thing.

b
Cheesy

Home

Moves
13 Feb 06

No problems for sometime now. I use IE and firefox and have not had and glitches lately!🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
14 Feb 06

It must have been mentioned before; the castling animation does not show up on the analyze board, only on the main board.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
14 Feb 06

It must have been mentioned before; the castling animation does not show up on the analyze board, only on the main board.
I think I mentioned this. Probably along with a bunch of other stuff.

Ooer, this thread is in danger of circling round on itself... 😉

N

The sky

Moves
14 Feb 06

Originally posted by mrmist
I think I mentioned this. Probably along with a bunch of other stuff.

Ooer, this thread is in danger of circling round on itself... 😉
From page 15:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
03 Feb '06 16:50 :: 0 recommendations
Originally posted by Chakan
Would it be possible to write in the en-passant rule into the analyse board feature... Instead of having to take the pawn then move that pawn down 1?

This is all built in already, and just disabled, so I will experiement with re-enabling it.

-Russ

---

03 Feb '06 17:06 :: 0 recommendations

Um, after giving it some thought, it is not that easy. (The reason I disabled it in the first place.) I retract what I said.

-Russ
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My guess is that the same applies to castling.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
15 Feb 06

Probably a general bug, not beta specific:
In the recently started The Peace On Earth Challenge tournament (Tournament 1021) the tournament description: Two prizes: A choice of the latest versions of Fritz, Junior, Hiarcs or Shredder. One will be awarded to the winner, and another to the player who is adjudged to have performed the best relative to their ability has such length it stretches out the (redhotpawn.com style) blue lines. Between the board and submit button (and other controls below that button) is a big open gap. The tournament description clearly does not break to the next line when reaching the end of the blue lined box it is in.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
15 Feb 06

If you resign a game you get take to the "post game screen" but the ratings for you and your opponant has not changed. Could this be modified?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
15 Feb 06
1 edit

Probably a general bug, not beta specific:
In the recently started The Peace On Earth Challenge tournament (Tournament 1021) the tournament description: [i]Two prizes: A choice of the latest versions of Fritz, Junior, Hiarcs or Shredder. One will be awarded to the winner, and another to the player who is adjudged to have performed the best relative to their ab ...[text shortened]... on clearly does not break to the next line when reaching the end of the blue lined box it is in.
[/i]Yes this is true in the non-beta version also.

M

Moves
17 Feb 06

Everything has been fine for me in the last few days

m
Moo

UK

Moves
17 Feb 06

A sort-of bug that would probably never occur in live because live is so much faster, but...

If you go to a game, and before the pieces are rendered on the board click, for example, message my opponent, it will not render the remaining pieces.

b
Cheesy

Home

Moves
18 Feb 06

Russ, when do you expect to get the new board on the live version.