Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. Standard member StrayJay
    I'm like a nerd
    15 Jan '05 03:40
    It's probably been suggested before, in which case I'm doing it again:

    I'd really like to have a tooltip or something appear when the mouse cursor is hovering over an opponent's flag.

    I'm currently playing against someone and I have no idea where (s)he's from. The flag in my opponent's profile consists of a horizontal red bar and a horizontal white bar. So it's similar to the Polish flag, but the bars are swapped. ('Reverse Polish'?)
  2. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    15 Jan '05 09:33
    yep, having a tool tip / alt tag / title tag over the country flags has been suggested before - still a good idea methinks.
  3. Donation Acolyte
    Now With Added BA
    16 Jan '05 12:29
    Originally posted by StrayJay
    It's probably been suggested before, in which case I'm doing it again:

    I'd really like to have a tooltip or something appear when the mouse cursor is hovering over an opponent's flag.

    I'm currently playing against someone and I have no idea where (s)he's from. The flag in my opponent's profile consists of a horizontal red bar and a horizontal white bar. So it's similar to the Polish flag, but the bars are swapped. ('Reverse Polish'?)
    Indonesia?
  4. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    16 Jan '05 12:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by StrayJay
    The flag in my opponent's profile consists of a horizontal red bar and a horizontal white bar. So it's similar to the Polish flag, but the bars are swapped. ('Reverse Polish'?)
    I've played the Reverse Polish a couple of times.

    It seems unsound.

    ; D
  5. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    16 Jan '05 13:44
    Originally posted by StrayJay
    I'm currently playing against someone and I have no idea where (s)he's from. The flag in my opponent's profile consists of a horizontal red bar and a horizontal white bar. So it's similar to the Polish flag, but the bars are swapped. ('Reverse Polish'?)
    Monaco.
    See: http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=flags
  6. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    16 Jan '05 13:45
    Indeed, it could be Indonesia awell, as Acolyte suggested...
  7. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    17 Jan '05 13:29
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Indeed, it could be Indonesia awell, as Acolyte suggested...
    Clickable flags are done already, I am just waiting for the release date. (Tomorrow, all going well.)

    -Russ
  8. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    17 Jan '05 14:26
    Originally posted by Russ
    Clickable flags are done already, I am just waiting for the release date. (Tomorrow, all going well.)

    -Russ
    woua, I am so curious...
    thanks,
    th
  9. 06 Mar '05 13:15
    OK so now you can click on a flag and you get to the flag list, which I guess is better than nothing, so thank you Russ.

    But what we're all after, as suggested in this and numerous other threads, is the ability to hover over a flag and have the name of the country pop up, so that we don't have to go to the flag list in the first place.

    Why? Because the flag list is huge and it takes forever to find a flag on it, and then you get distracted and start wondering where Micronesia is, and so you go to some geography site, and soon you forget all about the game of chess you were playing, when really you were just wondering where your opponent was from with his unfamiliar green flag.

    I thank you.
  10. 06 Mar '05 13:18 / 1 edit
    ...In the same way that you can hover over the yellow 'Post' button at the bottom (and top) of this page, and 'Post Message' pops up to explain what the button does.

    Just in case anyone didn't get it.
  11. 06 Mar '05 20:16
    no..it is the polish flag...they just hung it upside down ( bad joke ).
  12. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    06 Mar '05 21:12
    Originally posted by Officer Dibble
    OK so now you can click on a flag and you get to the flag list, which I guess is better than nothing, so thank you Russ.

    But what we're all after, as suggested in this and numerous other threads, is the ability to hover over a flag and have the name of the country pop up, so that we don't have to go to the flag list in the first place.

    Why? ...[text shortened]... were just wondering where your opponent was from with his unfamiliar green flag.

    I thank you.
    For me it seems that if I click a flag it takes me to the flag list with the flag I clicked on as the very top flag on my screen.
  13. 06 Mar '05 21:47
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    For me it seems that if I click a flag it takes me to the flag list with the flag I clicked on as the very top flag on my screen.
    I hadn't noticed that. Have just been trying it out. Seems to work for some not for others. When it works, it's definitely more useful than I'd thought. Personally I'd still prefer not to have to change page, just see the name of the country - and that's what other people seem to have been suggesting originally too, rather than a link from the flag. Still, I doubt it's a high priority for Russ.
  14. Donation murrow
    penguinpuffin
    07 Mar '05 11:52

    it works provided the flag isn't one of the first ones or last ones on the list - in which case you just get the bottom or top of the screen and have to 'go fishing' for the little blighter
  15. Standard member Nemesio
    Ursulakantor
    08 Mar '05 03:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    Clickable flags are done already, I am just waiting for the release date. (Tomorrow, all going well.)

    -Russ
    You are the man.

    Nemesio