1. Standard memberStrayJay
    I'm like a nerd
    Amsterdam, NL
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 03:40
    It's probably been suggested before, in which case I'm doing it again:

I'd really like to have a tooltip or something appear when the mouse cursor is hovering over an opponent's flag.

I'm currently playing against someone and I have no idea where (s)he's from. The flag in my opponent's profile consists of a horizontal red bar and a horizontal white bar. So it's similar to the Polish flag, but the bars are swapped. ('Reverse Polish'?)
  2. UK
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 09:33
    yep, having a tool tip / alt tag / title tag over the country flags has been suggested before - still a good idea methinks.
  3. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 12:29
    Originally posted by StrayJay
    It's probably been suggested before, in which case I'm doing it again:

I'd really like to have a tooltip or something appear when the mouse cursor is hovering over an opponent's flag.

I'm currently playing against someone and I have no idea where (s)he's from. The flag in my opponent's profile consists of a horizontal red bar and a horizontal white bar. So it's similar to the Polish flag, but the bars are swapped. ('Reverse Polish'?)
    Indonesia?
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 12:341 edit
    The flag in my opponent's profile consists of a horizontal red bar and a horizontal white bar. So it's similar to the Polish flag, but the bars are swapped. ('Reverse Polish'?)
    I've played the Reverse Polish a couple of times.

It seems unsound.

; D
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 13:44
    Monaco.
    See: http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=flags
  6. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 13:45
    Indeed, it could be Indonesia awell, as Acolyte suggested...
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Jan '05 13:29
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Indeed, it could be Indonesia awell, as Acolyte suggested...
    Clickable flags are done already, I am just waiting for the release date. (Tomorrow, all going well.)

-Russ
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    17 Jan '05 14:26
    Originally posted by Russ
    Clickable flags are done already, I am just waiting for the release date. (Tomorrow, all going well.)

-Russ
    woua, I am so curious...
    🙂 😀 🙂 thanks,
    th
  9. Hoagy's Alley
    Moves
    06 Mar '05 13:15
    OK so now you can click on a flag and you get to the flag list, which I guess is better than nothing, so thank you Russ.

But what we're all after, as suggested in this and numerous other threads, is the ability to hover over a flag and have the name of the country pop up, so that we don't have to go to the flag list in the first place.

Why? Because the flag list is huge and it takes forever to find a flag on it, and then you get distracted and start wondering where Micronesia is, and so you go to some geography site, and soon you forget all about the game of chess you were playing, when really you were just wondering where your opponent was from with his unfamiliar green flag.

I thank you.
  10. Hoagy's Alley
    Moves
    06 Mar '05 13:181 edit
    ...In the same way that you can hover over the yellow 'Post' button at the bottom (and top) of this page, and 'Post Message' pops up to explain what the button does.

Just in case anyone didn't get it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '05 20:16
    no..it is the polish flag...they just hung it upside down ( bad joke ).
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    06 Mar '05 21:12
    Originally posted by Officer Dibble
    OK so now you can click on a flag and you get to the flag list, which I guess is better than nothing, so thank you Russ.

But what we're all after, as suggested in this and numerous other threads, is the ability to hover over a flag and have the name of the country pop up, so that we don't have to go to the flag list in the first place.

Why? ...[text shortened]... were just wondering where your opponent was from with his unfamiliar green flag.

I thank you.
    For me it seems that if I click a flag it takes me to the flag list with the flag I clicked on as the very top flag on my screen.
  13. Hoagy's Alley
    Moves
    06 Mar '05 21:47
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    For me it seems that if I click a flag it takes me to the flag list with the flag I clicked on as the very top flag on my screen.
    I hadn't noticed that. Have just been trying it out. Seems to work for some not for others. When it works, it's definitely more useful than I'd thought. Personally I'd still prefer not to have to change page, just see the name of the country - and that's what other people seem to have been suggesting originally too, rather than a link from the flag. Still, I doubt it's a high priority for Russ.
  14. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 11:52

it works provided the flag isn't one of the first ones or last ones on the list - in which case you just get the bottom or top of the screen and have to 'go fishing' for the little blighter
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 03:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree