Vacation Status - Move Rule  Proposal

Vacation Status - Move Rule Proposal

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Jun 07

Originally posted by rhb
What proportion of site users are complaining?

What proportion of site [b]forum
users are complaining?

Where is the substance to your conviction that there will not be a lot of complaints after sealed moves are implemented?

I'm convinced there won't be lots of complaints if you can give answers to the above.[/b]
Nah, they just want it as it is now. They think the vacation system is as perfect and flawless as it can be.

I've explained it so much that I need to. My ideas of Sealed Moves is out. I've done my part. If Russ and Chris want to implement it, they will.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Jun 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Nah, they just want it as it is now. They think the vacation system is as perfect and flawless as it can be.

I've explained it so much that I need to. My ideas of Sealed Moves is out. I've done my part. If Russ and Chris want to implement it, they will.
So if someone doesn't agree with a poor solution to a problem, they must enjoy the problem just the way it is?

How about a reasonable solution?

P-

DS

Moves
27 Jun 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit

How about a reasonable solution?

P-
Thread 71767

Problem solved.

You're welcome. 😉

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Jun 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Thread 71767

Problem solved.

You're welcome. 😉
That is a good idea... Al Gore and I came up with it.

P-

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
27 Jun 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
That is a good idea... Al Gore and I came up with it.

P-
You two invented all the good stuff! 🙄

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
27 Jun 07

Originally posted by coquette
I would guess that others have suggested this before, but just in case, here goes:

Why, oh why, are people able to make moves while they are on vacation? Is anyone else bothered with seeing moves come in when folks are on vacation? How about watching them make moves in other games and letting your game sit cold while they are on vacation?

If you think ...[text shortened]... oves with your time counting. That is the true spirit of the game and fair play for everyone.
Take it to sh|te ideas, spanky.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
12 Aug 07

why lose what's been said before?

Santiago

Moves
13 Jan 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
How does someone abuse the system? If they move while on vacation, then they are still using up their vacation allowance. They aren't slowing down tournaments (which both you and coquette are looking to do with your suggestions), and if you feel that your opponent is getting an unfair advantage by avoiding the possibility of T/O, then you have the option ...[text shortened]... hat it is simply too long. Reduced to 20 odd days, and I think it would be near perfect.

D
And that is not a bad suggestion at all.

Santiago

Moves
13 Jan 08

Okay. I give up. We agree to disagree. It was just a suggestion. I promise not to care.

P.S. I'll bet someone else sometime off in the near future starts a similar thread all over again with the same arguments recycled.

P.S. P.S. I don't mean I'll really bet. It's just a figure of speech. (I added this because of all the linguistics police that lurk in these threads)
LOL.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
14 Jan 08

Why, oh why, are people able to make moves while they are on vacation?
Please consider just one small change: You can't make a move if you are on vacation
Totally support that!

m

Moves
18 Apr 10

I believe some modification of the vacation system would be in order. I have an opponent who avoids timeout by dipping in and out of vacation. It allows moved while preventing timeout. Vacation should be *vacation*. You schedule it ahead of time and get stuck with the schedule you make.

Cheers,
Matt

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Apr 10

Moving on vacation is GOOD. Forced slowing of games is BAD.

Everyone gets the same number of vacation days to use, so there is no unfair advantage.

I vote to keep the vacation system as it is.

o
Art is hard

Moves
19 Apr 10

What? Now I can't play chess while on vacation? I don't see any problem here.

F

Moves
19 Apr 10

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Moving on vacation is GOOD. Forced slowing of games is BAD.
Everyone gets the same number of vacation days to use, so there is no unfair advantage.
Everyone? No, not everyone. Not the non-subs...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Everyone? No, not everyone. Not the non-subs...
Meh. If they want vacation time, pony up the $$$$$$$$.