vacation system - no more moves

vacation system - no more moves

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Jun 09

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
we shouldn't be forced to subscribe for fair play]
Nobody is forcing you to subscribe for fair play.

D

DS

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Nobody is forcing you to subscribe for fair play.

D
If I played a subscriber, they would have a timebank which was potentially 30 days longer than mine. The only way for me to play a game on even terms against them would be to subscribe.

QED

Here

Moves
09 Jun 09

If I played a subscriber, they would have a timebank which was potentially 30 days longer than mine. The only way for me to play a game on even terms against them would be to subscribe.

QED
So whats the problem ?
You can subscribe but you chose not to

DS

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by padger
So whats the problem ?
You can subscribe but you chose not to
It's irrelevant that I CAN subscribe to get a fair game.
I don't wish to subscribe 'at this time' thanks and it shouldn't be a requirement for a fair game.

The fact remains that IF I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE the game is lop-sided in favour of the subscriber......this is not about me, it's about the rules being wrong.

F

Moves
09 Jun 09

I don't wish to subscribe 'at this time' thanks and it shouldn't be a requirement for a fair game.

The fact remains that IF I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE the game is lop-sided in favour of the subscriber......this is not about me, it's about the rules being wrong.
Agree.

What will be the next thing?
"That non-subs are not allowed to castle! Stupid? Yes, but you *can* subscribe..." 😕

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
09 Jun 09
1 edit

Many people wouldn't play under those conditions.
So don't play then. Problem solved.

Basically, as a persistent non-sub you are a recipient of charity, either on the part of the site owners or subscribers, or a bit of each. So stop complaining. You're getting games for free, when others of us are paying for them (and subsidising you).

DS

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by Blackamp
So don't play then. Problem solved.

Basically, as a persistent non-sub you are a recipient of charity, either on the part of the site owners or subscribers, or a bit of each. So stop complaining. You're getting games for free, when others of us are paying for them (and subsidising you).
I'll repeat for you one more time - I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out an unfair situation that can arise in a game that you seem too thick to understand..

Furthermore:
You most certainly do not subsidize me pal.
The owners of this site invited me here to play for free.

Here

Moves
09 Jun 09

I think it's totally revelent, if you subscribe you too can have vacation time
Otherwise don't take on games with subscribers

DS

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by padger
I think it's totally revelent, if you subscribe you too can have vacation time
Otherwise don't take on games with subscribers
Jesus wept!

I give up. 😠

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
09 Jun 09

Jesus wept!

I give up. 😠
Yay!~

P-

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
09 Jun 09

Nobody is forcing you to play subscribers.

The mere concept that you're being "forced to subscribe for fair play" is as ludicrous as your claims that you HAVEN'T been complaining for the past 2 or 3 years.

D

DS

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Nobody is forcing you to play subscribers.

The mere concept that you're being "forced to subscribe for fair play" is as ludicrous as your claims that you HAVEN'T been complaining for the past 2 or 3 years.

D
Whatever BS you come out with, you cannot dispute the FACT that a game between a subscriber and a non-subscriber is not played on even terms.

Did you also not read my above posts - I play ONLY people I trust or if I'm prepared to accept the disadvantage.
I've been complaining of the unfairness in the system since it was brought in, yes, I may continue to do so - depends how I feel. 😛

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
09 Jun 09

How about if we can buy extra time, or even pieces? How about a Rook for about 5 cents? Would a Queen be worth 25 cents?

We might be on to something here!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by coquette
How about if we can buy extra time, or even pieces? How about a Rook for about 5 cents? Would a Queen be worth 25 cents?

We might be on to something here!
How about $59.95/yr for a premium membership - one extra superpower for the piece of your choice.
A Bishop that can jump over pieces.
A Knight that can do 3,1 L-shape moves as well as the usual 2,1
Pawns that ALWAYS can move 2 squares forward.
A Queen with optional atomic detonation [destroys herself and everything in a 1 square radius upon capture]
A King that can ALWAYS castle with any Rook two squares away.

F

Moves
10 Jun 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
How about $59.95/yr for a premium membership - one extra superpower for the piece of your choice.
A Bishop that can jump over pieces.
A Knight that can do 3,1 L-shape moves as well as the usual 2,1
Pawns that ALWAYS can move 2 squares forward.
A Queen with optional atomic detonation [destroys herself and everything in a 1 square radius upon capture]
A King that can ALWAYS castle with any Rook two squares away.
Where do I sign up?
And if I pay $99.95/yr, can I have a sure win with whomever I play? 🙂

A say that when a game begins, the game must be fair. If it's not, it isn't fair. I don't pay a subscription to play unfairly.

One easy way to fix this is to grant my opponent immunity from timout in my game whe I am on vacation. Is this to much to ask for? I don't think so.