1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 07:51
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    I don't understand what the problem is. Who get's hurt by giving the vacation system to everyone? You don't have much of an argument here, you've just been trying to refute ours for no apparent reason.
    I'm saying that if you want vacation time for non-subs then you should be focusing on the merits of the system. The 'fairness' argument is just not valid.

I'm refuting it, because it makes me sick to see so much intellectual dishonesty or misguidance and it's likely to lead to another change in the vacation system (which goes beyond its extension to non-subs).

Sure, some people will take advantage of it and use it as extra timebank. I don't do it on a question of principle, does that make the games "unfair" for me?

Your whole argument is based on the premise that for the game to be "fair" everyone should abuse the system. Sorry, I won't back that argument up.
  2. Standard memberhAnimate
    mean & green
    .. here I am
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 08:04
    Non subs only have 6 game slots so if they play a sub who goes on vacation they suddenly only have 5

On the other hand subs can play as many games as they want, so they are often playing like a 100 games, which they would be timed out on if they go on vacation without internet.

It's choice between two bads, but in any case the non subs have the opportunity to change theirs by subscribing.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 09:06
    Originally posted by hAnimate

It's choice between two bads, but in any case the non subs have the opportunity to change theirs by subscribing.
    Once again, the standard subscriber-naff-answer to everything.

Until this Vacation anomaly is fixed I intend to continue with my present policy to play only non-vacationers.[in the interests of fairness]

[unless agreed otherwise in advance]

Thank you.
    Good night.
    😛
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 09:23
    Originally posted by coquette
    each game needs to be on equal terms or it's not fair . . and i am a sub star 200+ game player

i would like to see the vacation system be a true vacation system, either you don't get to move on vacation, or you have sealed moves that only get viewed when you return from vacation

i'll settle for fairness for everyone though
    Sorry cokette, but can I ask you what right you think you have to tell the site owners what they should give away for free, and what they should include as part of the package they are selling?

It seems you are only part of this debate because you want to punish everybody due to a couple of people "abusing" the vacation system. Deciding the direction a business takes based purely on spite isn't going to make a very successful business.

We've already shown that sealed moves would be absolutely disasterous, and who are you to tell people what they can and can't do on vacation?

D
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 09:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Sorry cokette, but can I ask you what right you think you have to tell the site owners what they should give away for free, and what they should include as part of the package they are selling?

It seems you are only part of this debate because you want to punish everybody due to a couple of people "abusing" the vacation system. Deciding the direction a ...[text shortened]... ly disasterous, and who are you to tell people what they can and can't do on vacation?

D
    Can you point me out to the thread where not having the ability to move on vacation is discussed?
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 10:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Can you point me out to the thread where not having the ability to move on vacation is discussed?
    Thread 69651

That's one of them - I think there was another as well.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 10:09
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Thread 69651

That's one of them - I think there was another as well.
    Thanks.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 12:15
    Originally posted by hAnimate
    Non subs only have 6 game slots so if they play a sub who goes on vacation they suddenly only have 5

On the other hand subs can play as many games as they want, so they are often playing like a 100 games, which they would be timed out on if they go on vacation without internet.

and those that for whatever reason are completely unable to subscribe are forced to play an unfair game of chess. There's still an issue here.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 13:271 edit
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    and those that for whatever reason are completely unable to subscribe are forced to play an unfair game of chess.
    Who's forcing you to play subs? 😕

D
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:32
    just bringing it back up to page 1
  11. the highway to hell
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 11:49
    ONE OPTION IS TO BOYCOTT SUBSCRIBERS ENTIRELY.
    I HAVE SUGGESTED THAT ONE SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO RESIGN WHEN SOMEONE GOES ON VACATION
  12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 19:491 edit
    Originally posted by eamon o
    ONE OPTION IS TO BOYCOTT SUBSCRIBERS ENTIRELY.
    I HAVE SUGGESTED THAT ONE SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO RESIGN WHEN SOMEONE GOES ON VACATION
    You do have the option to resign when someone goes on vacation. If you see they are on vacation, then check that fancy resign checkbox and you're done!

By the way, typing in all caps is pretty annoying.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by eamon o
    One option is to boycott subscribers entirely.
    I have suggested that one should have the option to resign when someone goes on vacation
    Fixed. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree