1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 May '06 22:03
    Originally posted by Shoskavitch
    I am wondering about those rules on restricting forum content. It seems that nobody really means what they are saying! For example, some users of this site use it like a sex site. They also have no resevations about using profanity(otherwise known as cussing) even though the site has rules against it. I suggest that the Red Hot Pawn staff fix this annoyi ...[text shortened]... t like it. Thank you.
    Yours in Chess,
    Shoskavitch
    Who on earth would quit a site because of the use of flairishly, eloquent and tintilizing language?

I'm personally offended by the word "obscure".
    You don't hear me complain when it's used though....
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 May '06 22:231 edit
    Originally posted by sum1
    how do you "report" it??
    Thread 43817

You can pm a moderator.
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 May '06 23:56
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Still nothing on this one getting removed yet.......
    Probably,knowing the sissy you are,you are complaining and asking a ban because of something really futile about that user and not enough to get a ban on him.
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    23 May '06 00:33
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Probably,knowing the sissy you are,you are complaining and asking a ban because of something really futile about that user and not enough to get a ban on him.
    Im not a sissy, he messaged me saying "you are such a bas***d" when I had never spoken to him or even played him, plus the thread he started about me telling people to put me on their ignore list! If someone did that to you, you would be calling for their head!
  5. The sky
    Moves
    23 May '06 14:09
    Im not a sissy, he messaged me saying "you are such a bas***d" when I had never spoken to him or even played him, plus the thread he started about me telling people to put me on their ignore list! If someone did that to you, you would be calling for their head!
    I have had someone start to insult me out of the blue in a thread (I had disagreed with him about something, but had in no way attacked him), and then he wrote an entry in my guestbook which I wouldn't be able to quote here without having it deleted and possibly getting a forum ban. That seems quite similar to your situation with unstopable. I considered alerting the mods, and I think he should have got a warning if I had done so, and I wouldn't be totally against something like a 3 day ban in such a case. But a permanent ban would be far too extreme in my opinion. I didn't alert the mods in the end because I didn't care enough. I replied something like "thanks for your kind words" to him, and that was it. I am far more worried about the same person's outright racist posts.
  6. Swansea
    Moves
    23 May '06 15:10
    I have had someone else insult me in a message after not moving in all of 2minutes and he got kicked off the site so I was hoping that the same standards were kept for unstopable, but obviously not 😞
    I dont think it is too harsh to kick someone off for randomly insulting you, im not here to be insulted and it is out of order for someone to do that in my opinion. It is supposed to be a chess site and have a nice community to it, but when things like that happen it changes my thoughts on it.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    23 May '06 15:42
    I have had someone else insult me in a message after not moving in all of 2minutes and he got kicked off the site
    Maybe you were not the only one who had complained about him.
  8. Swansea
    Moves
    23 May '06 18:12
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Maybe you were not the only one who had complained about him.
    Well when I got sent feedback, they replied saying he has now been removed from the site, thanks for letting us know about it, so im not sure if he did or not?!
  9. The sky
    Moves
    23 May '06 18:50
    Well when I got sent feedback, they replied saying he has now been removed from the site, thanks for letting us know about it, so im not sure if he did or not?!
    If players are removed for one single insulting message, the list of removed players is surprisingly short.
  10. Swansea
    Moves
    23 May '06 23:41
    If players are removed for one single insulting message, the list of removed players is surprisingly short.
    It was swearing directed at me specifically so its not a kiddy insult or anything that some people come up with. If it happens again im leaving anyway, I only wanted to play chess and make a few friends that enjoy the same things as I do, I have done that and those people are great, just the minority have to spoil it.
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 00:12
    I am far more worried about the same person's outright racist posts.
    It's bbarr, isn't it?
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 01:04
    Since I've been at this site, I've had lots of nasty messages,I thought it was normal here. They usually just make me laugh and I send 'em back some snidey remark.
  13. Swansea
    Moves
    24 May '06 09:47
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Since I've been at this site, I've had lots of nasty messages,I thought it was normal here. They usually just make me laugh and I send 'em back some snidey remark.
    I would have replied but he had me on ignore so that doesnt work really......
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 May '06 15:22
    I would have replied but he had me on ignore so that doesnt work really......
    Simple then. Report it, put HIM on ignore and forget it.

Or slag him off in the general forum - that's what it's there for isn't it?
  15. Joined
    27 Jun '04
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 19:27
    Who is this anonymous personage of an internet Jack the Ripper? Why is he going around telling people to put random players on their ignore lists? Clearly someone like him, or her, is a psychopath. RHP "VOLUNTEERS" need to find him out and prevent him from using this site again! Or anybody like him. I suggest finding the screen name of one of these so called moderaters and telling them about the problem, before the anonymous "ignore-lister" person gets to out of hand!😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree