1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 13:19
    I hate 'em. Do not this and do not do that.

I like the eight noble truths of bhuddism better. Its all about right action and positivity rather than telling you what you cant do and saying that God said it.

I feel no connection with negatives.
  2. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 13:31
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

I like the eight noble truths of bhuddism better. Its all about right action and positivity rather than telling you what you cant do and saying that God said it.

Buddhism has similar commandments too as regards to Moral Living

do not kill, steal, sexual conduct, lie, harsh speak, idle chatter, malicious, wrong view etc

your "hate" is misguided and negative - not positive as you like to see

besides it is not telling you what to do, rather a guide that you can follow, take advice from or completely ignore
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 14:37
    Originally posted by yavash
    Buddhism has similar commandments too as regards to Moral Living

do not kill, steal, sexual conduct, lie, harsh speak, idle chatter, malicious, wrong view etc

your "hate" is misguided and negative - not positive as you like to see

besides it is not telling you what to do, rather a guide that you can follow, take advice from or completely ignore
    The word commandment suggest that it isn't a guide being presented, but a list
    of commands.
    kelly
  4. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 16:10
    just to think God is just asking us to do 10 little things think we can handle it??
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 18:27

all the commandments and all of levitical law hang on these two directives. Love God with all your being, and love your nieghbor as yourself. doesn't seem too negative to me...love that is.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 19:16
    Well, the first four of the ten are clearly bo**ocks. The rest seem ok, generally.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Well, the first four of the ten are clearly bo**ocks. The rest seem ok, generally.
    Yeah but thinking in terms of "not doing" stuff leaves to much idle time. ("Idle hands are the devils plaything" ). If you are ACTIVELY living right then there is no time to consider what one must not do.
    Take "Do not kill" for example. I would've thought this was obvious to anyone practising any level of real spirituality. Even a 5 year old could get it. Mature adult brains need more stimulus to get 'em working properly.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 19:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The word commandment suggest that it isn't a guide being presented, but a list
    of commands.
    kelly
    And there you have it-the grey done away with and everything is black and white again...
    I prefer bhuddism, more emphasis on individual responsibilty, less commanding...
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 20:57
    And there you have it-the grey done away with and everything is black and white again...
    I prefer bhuddism, more emphasis on individual responsibilty, less commanding...
    It's not about what you prefer, it's about intimidating you into submission.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 00:49
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    just to think God is just asking us to do 10 little things think we can handle it??
    We couldn't handle one thing in the beginning why would 10 be better?
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 00:50
    You can prefer what you will, that does not change anything, truth isn't truth
    because you prefer it.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 00:56
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It's not about what you prefer, it's about intimidating you into submission.
    A sign that points out the fact that a liquid you have is poison isn't there to
    intimidate you, but give you clear warning of the danger. If intimidation were
    the goal and God were behind it, I'm sure He could do better than saying don't
    do this or HELL! He could just simply show Himself to us or reveal some angel that
    would strike down anyone who needed to be struck down to make a point. If it is
    to give us the opportunity to obey Him without this intimidation, than simply
    having the warning we can ignore or not is the way to go.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 00:59
    Originally posted by duecer
    all the commandments and all of levitical law hang on these two directives. Love God with all your being, and love your nieghbor as yourself. doesn't seem too negative to me...love that is.
    Love is a hard one, there are some I really dislike, yet I'm to love them.
    Basically that shows me my short comings quite clearly when I'm more interested
    in someone else getting "justice" for a crime I'd be begging God for forgiveness if
    I was the one that did it.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 03:471 edit
    Originally posted by duecer
    ... and love your nieghbor as yourself. doesn't seem too negative to me...love that is.
    Then I cannot understand why this little advice cannot be followed by fundamentalists...

Even in our little corner of the world hate reigns by the fundamentalists. May I remind how much hate is expressed towards homosexual people? In this respect atheists are more loving and caring than the fundamentalist christians and thus following this commandement much better.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 06:07
    the ten commandments came from moses, who was galloping around the desert with a bunch of drunkards, fornicators, idol worshipers etc.....and because he could not control them, he disappeared into the mountain to get some peace and quiet, and decided to write out some rules for his rowdy bunch, but on second thought new it would be better if he said god spoke to him and gave him 10 commandments because who can argue with god.

So you see we have this character called moses who came up with these 10 rules.....but the idea that God gave them is just a fancyfull notion.

But having just said that, I must add that the 10 rules for living your life by, are not bad actually, but there should really be 100 rules, because 10 doesn,t nearly cover everything

vishva

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree