1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 09:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    I care greatly about God's evaluation of my thoughts and deeds. Human criticisms I leave in His hands.
    This is a marketplace of ideas. All proselytisers ~ such as yourself ~ lay out their offerings for their fellow humans and these humans respond. As for you, exchanges here ~ and lack of exchanges too! ~ often demonstrate just how brittle and furtive your 'ministry' is as soon as its content comes under even the slightest scrutiny.

And remember, there are community members here who find the stuff you peddle not only ludicrous but also grotesque [including several of your fellow Christians]. A forum is an arena for such "human criticism" [as you call it] and justifications to be aired and tackled.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 09:53
    Whether you realize it or not, apprehending absolute spiritual reality is the singularly most important priority in our lives.
    And yet in another thread you stated "What other contributors to this forum believe or reject for whatever reason is strictly their business, not ours; we don't need the intrusion of the long proboscis.". You are not in the least bit interested in "apprehending [absolute spiritual] reality". You were taught by your mummy and daddy and churchleaders long ago what to believe and what not to believe. Over time this has become your idea of "truth" and your fear of finding out you've been duped and that you will in time be dead and gone and that you will never ever see you deceased loved ones ever again has convinced you that it's better to disregard everything that might be more true than your idea of truth.

For this I do pity you and I hope you will find peace of mind before your time is up. No-one should live in fear their whole life.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 10:04
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Noah's ark is nonsense. Did these so-called scientists explain how the insects and arachnids could survive under 5 miles deep of water ? The pressure would flatten them all. With the supposed ferocity of the rain little could survive on the surface of the water. The 'flood" fable is a retelling of the Babylonian flood fable of Ut-Napishtm ( a story which was carved in stone 1500 years before the Hebrew fable was said to have taken place).
    🙄🙄🙄
    "The Palace library at Nineveh: For more than a thousand years the location of that great capital city was unknown to the world, and apart from brief mention in the Bible to the conquests of those fierce masters in the art of war, little else was known about them, and their history remained in obscurity; until 1852 when Austen Henery Layard discovered the ancient palace city that had been hidden from the view of man for more than a millennium; containing a most incredible treasure, more valuable than gold, the palace library with over 22,000 clay tablets inscribed with the cuneiform text; detailing history, culture, religion, necromancy, fables, and including a systematic annual register of events from 893 BC, onwards.....

GENESIS 10:8-10 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the lord; wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the lord. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

According to the Scriptures Noah lived 350 years after the flood. Residence in the city of Erech. The name change from Noah to Ut-napishtim is consistent with the confusion of languages in (GENESIS 11:7). The disturbance felt by Gilgamesh, caused by the death of his friend is perhaps due to the fact that death by natural causes was virtually unknown for several generations following the flood.Ut-napishtim was literally the oldest living human being on earth. The human race had no history before Ut-napishtim, which gave rise to the belief that Kingship had descended from heaven, and the veneration of god Kings, who ruled with supreme authority." http://qld.host22.com/1_18_Palace-library-at-Nineveh-.html

caissad4, here's the top menu site information I found when Googling "Ut-napishtim"/ In synch with your understanding?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 10:09
    Originally quoted by Grampy Bobby
    According to the Scriptures Noah lived 350 years after the flood.
    Well, I suppose this gave Noah plenty of time to get those seven doughty penguins back to Antarctica safe and sound.

cf: Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Get a pair of penguins from Antarctica to Iraq without them drowning, starving, getting lost, getting eaten by a predator, or dying of heat stroke.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 10:26
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    And yet in another thread you stated [b]"What other contributors to this forum believe or reject for whatever reason is strictly their business, not ours; we don't need the intrusion of the long proboscis.". You are not in the least bit interested in "apprehending [absolute spiritual] reality". You were taught by your mummy and daddy and churchlea ...[text shortened]... you will find peace of mind before your time is up. No-one should live in fear their whole life.[/b]
    "Whether you realize it or not, apprehending absolute spiritual reality is the singularly most important priority in our lives."
    [What greater decision do human beings make during their lives on earth other than their permanent eternal address?]

and

"What other contributors to this forum believe or reject for whatever reason is strictly their business, not ours; we don't need the intrusion of the long proboscis." [In reply to "Originally posted by FMF Many of the Christians in this community do not accept the doctrine of "The Trinity". Thread: "Christianity is not a religion" recognizes the privacy of the individual.]

represent two separate issues without contradiction. Not all spiritual eyesight is 20/20. Some see clearly; some with clouded vision; and some not at all. "If the light that is in them be darkness, how great is that darkness." [I owe you the reference.]
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 10:32
    [I owe you the reference.]
    Nah, forget about it. I'm interested in your views, not in other people's quotes.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 10:36
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    And yet in another thread you stated [b]"What other contributors to this forum believe or reject for whatever reason is strictly their business, not ours; we don't need the intrusion of the long proboscis.". You are not in the least bit interested in "apprehending [absolute spiritual] reality". You were taught by your mummy and daddy and churchlea ...[text shortened]... you will find peace of mind before your time is up. No-one should live in fear their whole life.[/b]
    "You are not in the least bit interested in "apprehending [absolute spiritual] reality". You were taught by your mummy and daddy and churchleaders long ago what to believe and what not to believe." -GKR

Serious study under a pastor teaching from the original languages of scripture began in my mid 20s and continues today.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 10:381 edit
    What greater decision do human beings make during their lives on earth other than their permanent eternal address?
    Stuff about a "permanent eternal address" is a mixture of superstition and imagination and two hundred thousand years of human history and pre-history have not provided a single scintilla of evidence backing the notion of an afterlife. More important decisions that human beings make during their lives on earth are the decisions they make about their lives on earth ~ during their lives.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 10:40
    Originally quoted by Grampy Bobby
    Many of the Christians in this community do not accept the doctrine of "The Trinity".
    This I agree with.
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 11:50
    [b]Noah's Ark: Science Proves Genesis Of The Bible True? [Posted: April 4, 2014] "2.15 million livestock could have safely survived the journey on Noah’s Ark:" Big boat, huh?[/b]
    “You don’t think of the Bible necessarily as a scientifically accurate source of information, so I guess we were quite surprised when we discovered it would work. We’re not proving that it’s true, but the concept would definitely work.”

What do you think about science proving the Bible true?"

Nothing is proved "true" in this post, as stated explicitly by the scientists.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 11:51
    the atheists of the world should club together and start a prize fund for the first team of christians that can gather two of each animal, build an ark and live on it for a year using only materials that existed during noahs time. if successful they get a huge donation for their church and get to prove that it's possible.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the atheists of the world should club together and start a prize fund for the first team of christians that can gather two of each animal, build an ark and live on it for a year using only materials that existed during noahs time. if successful they get a huge donation for their church and get to prove that it's possible.
    ummm in some instances there were more than two, have you not read 'My Book of Bible stories?', for ages 3 and upwards? It has some lovely illustrations.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 11:56
    "You are not in the least bit interested in "apprehending [absolute spiritual] reality". You were taught by your mummy and daddy and churchleaders long ago what to believe and what not to believe." -GKR

Serious study under a pastor teaching from the original languages of scripture began in my mid 20s and continues today.

and yet the most vocal opponents of scripture are those who never read it!
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 12:091 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    I don't believe that the Noaists will ever accept their defeat. They will spend huge amount of money on a failure.

If they want to prove anything, they should have the same budget as Noa himself had. Meaning nothing.
    If they succed, which I now doubt, I would also be a Noaist.
    Why?
    Either they did it themselves, which is a miracle. Or they get help from a supreme being, which proves an almighty god.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '14 12:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummm in some instances there were more than two, have you not read 'My Book of Bible stories?', for ages 3 and upwards? It has some lovely illustrations.
    no i was into marvel comics rather than the bible.....i like my fantasy stories grounded in reality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree