1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 01:50
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Then why does he expect a life of perfection from us?
    [The one thing God expects of a human being is to give His perfect plan a hearing with an open mind, maintaining clear and rational thought as opposed to being subjectively predisposed to arbitrary rejection from an uninformed mentality.]

Why does he care ...[text shortened]... s that stinketh' in the King James.]

Want to re-think your statement? [Which statement, SG?]
    [The one thing God expects of a human being is to give His perfect plan a hearing with an open mind, maintaining clear and rational thought as opposed to being subjectively predisposed to arbitrary rejection from an uninformed mentality.]

This is not at all consistent with your past statements on theology. God expects sinlessness. If he did not, no sacrifice of his Son is needed. Also, if the one thing he expects is mere consideration of his plan with an open mind, he would not penalize those who reject the plan after considering it with an open mind.

[God desires to share His perfect happiness with the every human being.]

Oh, so we do have something to offer him, after all! Companionship. The parental joy of seeing their child happy.

[Which statement, SG?]

"We're all depraved; we have nothing to offer God." <--- that one
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 01:56
    The one thing God expects of a human being is to give His perfect plan a hearing with an open mind, maintaining clear and rational thought as opposed to being subjectively predisposed to arbitrary rejection from an uninformed mentality.
    I gave the Christian theology "a hearing with an open mind, maintaining clear and rational thought" ~ after almost three decades of subscribing to it ~ and now I am an ex-Christian. There was no "arbitrary rejection" involved.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 02:34
    [b][The one thing God expects of a human being is to give His perfect plan a hearing with an open mind, maintaining clear and rational thought as opposed to being subjectively predisposed to arbitrary rejection from an uninformed mentality.]

This is not at all consistent with your past statements on theology. God expects sinlessness. If he did not ...[text shortened]... ][Which statement, SG?][/b]

"We're all depraved; we have nothing to offer God." <--- that one[/b]
    “There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way'" -C.S. Lewis SG, if you ever change your mind about Christ, please give me a call. Meanwhile, be well.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 02:39
    “There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way'" -C.S. Lewis
    C.S. Lewis is by far the least impressive 'thinker' that you quote on a regular basis. A lot of his quoted stuff is non-sequitur and rather dependent on the kind of philosophical chaff that gets coughed up by circular logic.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 02:42
    [Grampy Bobby: Which statement, SG?]

SwissGambit Grampy Bobby: "We're all depraved; we have nothing to offer God." <--- that one
    Looks like he's just going to dodge it. 🙂
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 03:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    C.S. Lewis is by far the least impressive 'thinker' that you quote on a regular basis. A lot of his quoted stuff is non-sequitur and rather dependent on the kind of philosophical chaff that gets coughed up by circular logic.
    I find Lewis is highly revered in the Christian community, and I am at a loss as to why. Philosophically, his arguments seem about as weak as they come.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 03:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Looks like he's just going to dodge it. 🙂
    Of course. GB being GB, as usual.

And perhaps, another Christian not caring that their theology is internally incoherent, as usual.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 03:55
    Of course. GB being GB, as usual.

And perhaps, another Christian not caring that their theology is internally incoherent, as usual.
    "I heard something last night. A whisper of something. "Change your wicked ways", it said. I can't help but wonder. Was it the voice of God? What do you guys think?

I'm back. I heard the voice again. This time, instead of panicking, I listened intently to hear it."

SG being SG, as usual: trifling with the Word of God, stomping on the good will of others while wasting their time. Think.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 04:10
    "I heard something last night. A whisper of something. "Change your wicked ways", it said. I can't help but wonder. Was it the voice of God? What do you guys think?

I'm back. I heard the voice again. This time, instead of panicking, I listened intently to hear it."

SG being SG, as usual: trifling with the Word of God, stomping on the good will of others while wasting their time. Think.
    What does SwissGambit's April Fool's joke have to do with the question from him ~ about the internal incoherence of your theology ~ that you're dodging?
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 04:29

The guy with the woefully incoherent theology's telling me to think. 😴
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 05:061 edit

This is not at all consistent with your past statements on theology. God expects sinlessness. If he did not ][Which statement, SG?][/b]

"We're all depraved; we have nothing to offer God." <--- that one[/b]
    Note: It's sad to watch you (a believer for 20 years ) attempting now to humanize God. I pray you'll reconsider your options.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 05:10
    Note: It's sad to watch you (a believer for 20 years ) attempting now to humanize God. I pray you'll reconsider your options.
    You should pray that God sends someone a bit more coherent to speak to me, since you apparently can't be bothered to resolve the difficulties with your own words. I find it cheap and childish that you're trying to blame the failure on me.

http://www.bigdogghouse.com/RHP/v9/RHP_2013_gbaway.user.js

^
    |
    This is the only change you have made in my life. You inspired me to write that script.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 05:24
    It was 20 years that he gave it, though, Grampy Bobby. You said "The one thing God expects of a human being is to give His perfect plan a hearing with an open mind, maintaining clear and rational thought as opposed to being subjectively predisposed to arbitrary rejection from an uninformed mentality." There is every indication that SwissGambit has met the requirement you have laid out.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 05:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    It was 20 years that he gave it, though, Grampy Bobby. You said "The one thing God expects of a human being is to give His perfect plan a hearing with an open mind, maintaining clear and rational thought as opposed to being subjectively predisposed to arbitrary rejection from an uninformed mentality." There is every indication that SwissGambit has met the requirement you have laid out.
    Get ready for all manner of subterfuge. My favorite one is, "Well, maybe the plan you were following wasn't really his. If it was, you never would have left."
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 08:56
    You should pray that God sends someone a bit more coherent to speak to me, since you apparently can't be bothered to resolve the difficulties with your own words. I find it cheap and childish that you're trying to blame the failure on me.

http://www.bigdogghouse.com/RHP/v9/RHP_2013_gbaway.user.js

^
    |
    This is the only change you have made in my life. You inspired me to write that script.
    Building Blocks: Good decisions one at a time living life one day at a time... avoiding operation overthink as you go.

Note: You've previously established on this forum that twenty plus years ago you believed in Christ.
    Today you're a Prodigal Son coming home... rest easy in the embrace of God's Unfailing Love. -"The voice of God?"

The moment you believe in Christ the Holy Spirit imputes a human spirit [now a trichotomous being able to understand the teaching of God's Word] and God's Positional Righteousness to your account. He also seals the believer as a Member of Christ's Royal Family [body of Christ to become His Bride following the Rapture]. Since God the Father planned salvation; Christ did the work; and the Holy Spirit empowers it the result is permanent. There's nothing you can do to "lose" your salvation. Only post salvation issue is whether you glorify God by growing in grace or remain an unhappy infant under discipline due of negative volition to the teaching of God's Word. My probes were intended to awaken "a Prodigal Son". Our April conversations also included basic questions an atheist might ask which I've answered. It's all been about your status.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree