1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 07:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The moment you believe in Christ the Holy Spirit imputes (sic) a human spirit
    Unless this is an obscure Americanism do you not mean imbue??

I strongly advise using plain and simple language befitting your intellect.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 11:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Unless this is an obscure Americanism do you not mean imbue??

I strongly advise using plain and simple language befitting your intellect.
    "imbue: inspire or permeate with a feeling of quality" (Google) wolfgang, I used impute as the judicial imputation of a human spirit at salvation as part of God's Reconciliation of man to Himself as contrasted with imbue: "a feeling of quality".

"The doctrine of imputations:

1) The doctrine of imputation is the action of the justice of God whereby either condemnation or blessing is assigned, credited, or attributed to a human being. It is the action of the justice of God, which means that is flows from His holiness. The foundation of this is His integrity, His holiness—His righteousness which forms the standard of His character, and the justice which is the application of that standard. It is fascinating that in both languages that God used to reveal Himself to man, in both Greek and Hebrew, the word for righteousness and the word for justice are the same word. In Hebrew that word is tzaddeq, and in Greek it is DIKAIOSUNE [dikaiosunh]. Each of these words, depending on the context, can either mean righteousness or justice, which indicates that when we are talking about these things, because they are represented by that same word, we are talking about the same thing but we shift in terms of its orientation. So that when we are talking about the standard we talk about righteousness; when we talk about the application of that standard to creatures we talk about justice. At the very root of man’s whole problem with God is the problem of failing to meet a standard.

That is why when we get over in to the New Testament one of the major doctrines related to salvation is the doctrine of reconciliation. Reconciliation means to have something be re-conformed to a standard. That standard was breached when Adam sinned. So at the very core of everything is the issue of God’s righteousness and His justice so that before anything can happen in terms of our relationship to God this has to be resolved. The important thing is to understand how it is resolved. It is not resolved through our own personal ethics or morality because essentially that is not the problem. What we will see is that the reason we are condemned has nothing to do with our personal sin, it has to do with Adam’s sin.

Once we really understand that (very few Christians do) it starts to change our perception of what happens at salvation. At its very core imputation is a legal concept. Genesis 15:6, talking about imputation as a legal concept, is wrapped right into this covenant context where God is making a legal contract with Abraham. There are two categories of imputation: real imputations and judicial imputations. The term “real imputation” isn’t contrasted to something that is unreal. It is in contrast to a judicial imputation. This distinction, interestingly enough, originated with Dr. Chafer at Dallas Seminary....."

http://www.divineviewpoint.com/sane/dbm/setup/Genesis/Gen090.htm
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 12:07
    wolfgang, here's my verbatim reply to SG on Page 7: Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Building Blocks: Good decisions one at a time living life one day at a time... avoiding operation overthink as you go.

Note: You've previously established on this forum that twenty plus years ago you believed in Christ.
    Today you're a Prodigal Son coming home... rest easy in the embrace of God's Unfailing Love. -"The voice of God?"

The moment you believe in Christ the Holy Spirit imputes a human spirit [now a trichotomous being able to understand the teaching of God's Word] and God's Positional Righteousness to your account. He also seals the believer as a Member of Christ's Royal Family [body of Christ to become His Bride following the Rapture]. Since God the Father planned salvation; Christ did the work; and the Holy Spirit empowers it the result is permanent. There's nothing you can do to "lose" your salvation. Only post salvation issue is whether you glorify God by growing in grace or remain an unhappy infant under discipline due of negative volition to the teaching of God's Word. My probes were intended to awaken "a Prodigal Son". Our April conversations also included basic questions an atheist might ask which I've answered. It's all been about your status.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree