1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    She's always willing to make scathing comments about the OSAS doctrine and direct them at me when I reiterate the doctrine for the purposes of discussion (the same goes for the eternal torture doctrine) but I can hardly ever remember her confronting any of the proponents of those doctrines - even to the point of making her own beliefs seem wishy-washy at times.
    You and divegeester fall into the same trap.

Just because someone disagrees with you is no reason to stand on the mountaintop and proclaim them to be less than human. In effect, you want me to "confront" people just because YOU do not agree with them. As I said, divegeester suffers from the same illusion. It's just not happening.

As divegeester took great pains to demonstrate when HIS beliefs were questioned, minor points of doctrine aren't worth 'going to war' over. I guess it's only when you disagree with someone else's beliefs that justify 'the gloves coming off'.

But as I've tried to tell you numerous times, I do not understand why you wield the baseball bat in this forum when apparently, you don't believe Christianity anyways. I certainly do not feel the need to justify myself to you.

In short, "what's it to you?"
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either.

Do my eyes deceive me? How unchristian to not feed the poor just because they won't work. Yet here we have it. How does Christianity fit with Social programs that feed the poor even those that won't work.
    We're I worship they help people get jobs.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 18:451 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    We're I worship they help people get jobs.
    Excellent, such a great outreach.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 19:07
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Continued demonstration of your poor ability to think and to reason. I made a comment. All you are able to muster is a copy and paste definition?

Do you have a comment on my point that by YOUR OWN STATEMENT that nobody can follow Christ's commandments, then that means that nobody is qualified to preach it otherwise they are hypocrites? Is there anything in brain of yours that is able to reason and make an intelligent comment?
    1.Your stated beliefs: follow the commands of Christ.
    2.Your behavior: a contradiction to your stated beliefs.
    3.Therefore you are a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs.

You are the one claiming that we are saved by works without faith and that it therefore is possible to follow the commands of Christ all the time without fail. If it is possible why can't you do it?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 19:20
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    3.Therefore you are a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs.

You are the one claiming that we are saved by works without faith and that it therefore is possible to follow the commands of Christ all the time without fail. If it is possible why can't you do it?
    Can you explain why being saved through works means it is possible (or required) to follow the commands of Christ all the time without fail?

Where are you getting that from?
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 19:291 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Can you explain why being saved through works means it is possible (or required) to follow the commands of Christ all the time without fail?

Where are you getting that from?
    Maybe you would care to clarify how we can be saved by works if we aren't able to follow the commands of Christ perfectly. I assumed the only way was by following them perfectly. Should the good works outweigh the bad works? How else would it work?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 19:56

You are concluding that NOBODY among the billions of people that lived in the last 2000 years, could follow the commandments of Christ, BECAUSE RAJK999 CANNOT FOLLOW THEM?

Furthermore because Rakj999 cannot, then he must not say that Christ said to follow his commandments?

How does my failure to follow Christ change what Christ said?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 20:56
    Maybe you would care to clarify how we can be saved by works if we aren't able to follow the commands of Christ perfectly. I assumed the only way was by following them perfectly. Should the good works outweigh the bad works? How else would it work?
    Can you clarify you understand the difference between striving for perfection and being perfect?

You seem a little out of your depth on this issue.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 21:03
    Can you clarify you understand the difference between striving for perfection and being perfect?

Just to be clear are you are saying that someone who strives for perfection even if they denounce the Bible as humbug and reject Jesus as Lord can be saved by their imperfect works? According to the Bible?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 21:05
    Just to be clear are you are saying that someone who strives for perfection even if they denounce the Bible as humbug and reject Jesus as Lord can be saved by their imperfect works? According to the Bible?
    Yes.

Sleep well.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 21:071 edit
    You are concluding that NOBODY among the billions of people that lived in the last 2000 years, could follow the commandments of Christ, BECAUSE RAJK999 CANNOT FOLLOW THEM?

Furthermore because Rakj999 cannot, then he must not say that Christ said to follow his commandments?

How does my failure to follow Christ change what Christ said?
    We are talking here about people who lack faith, who have read and rejected the Bible and have not accepted Jesus as Lord. You are saying such people can be saved by their works if they happen to be following the commands of Jesus subconsciously. And to perfection. Or only partially?

You are also sidestepping the issue that someone who does not practice what they preach is a hypocrite.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 21:081 edit
    Yes.

Sleep well.
    Were you taught this in your theology degree or did you reach that conclusion all by yourself?And if you don't mind me asking are you are saying this based solely on Romans 2?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 22:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just because someone disagrees with you is no reason to stand on the mountaintop and proclaim them to be less than human.
    I have no problem at all with the fact you disagree with me, Suzianne. And I have never said anything - in all my ten years here - even remotely like "[you are] less than human". Nothing anywhere near it. There has been no comment by me, ever, even approximating to that.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 23:29

😀
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 05:21
    😀
    You can smile and pretend this verse is not in the Bible,

John 3:18: "...whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree