2 Thessalonians 3:10

2 Thessalonians 3:10

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Where does the Bible say that someone who does not live righteously is saved?

Whoever claims to be saved but does not live righteously is obviously not saved.

Romans 1:17
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith."

Galatians 3:11
But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.”
You like Paul. So show me where Paul says:

...Whoever claims to be saved but does not live righteously is obviously not saved.

The two passages you quote says no such thing.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
25 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
You like Paul. So show me where Paul says:

...Whoever claims to be saved but does not live righteously is obviously not saved.

The two passages you quote says no such thing.
Roman 6:14-16
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law, but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that when you offer yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves to the one you obey, whether you are slaves to sin leading to death, or to obedience leading to righteousness?

1 John 2:4
If anyone says, “I know Him,” but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
Me thinks you have an axe to grind. I think heaven and getting into heaven might be a good thread.

That way you don't need to side track every thread you respond to with the same discussion.
Nothing about going to heaven in the Bible then. Yet you say it a dozen times a day.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
25 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Nothing about going to heaven in the Bible then. Yet you say it a dozen times a day.
And nothing in the Bible that says those who are saved do not have eternal life. Yet you've said it a dozen times.