1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 03:30
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Do you manifest the spirit? Do you walk by the spirit? Do you bring anyone to Christ? Do you heal the sick" These are all commandments of Christ.
    Are such good works ~ healing the sick, for example ~ necessary for "salvation"?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 05:46
    Do you have holy spirit residing in you?
    "Holy Spirit" is not a noun.

Did you write it this way deliberately?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 06:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "Holy Spirit" is not a noun.

Did you write it this way deliberately?
    Did you mean to say the "Holy Spirit" is not an uncountable noun?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 12:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are such good works ~ healing the sick, for example ~ necessary for "salvation"?
    Your question is irrelevant to the OP.
    People like Rajk have never had a face to face encounter with Jesus Christ. He does not have holy spirit, nor does he understand spiritual matters.
    I also strongly believe that you never had a close encounter with Jesus.
    To be more specific, He never filled you or Rajk with holy spirit, He never filled you with his love to the point that you KNEW you were saved and secure in him.
    Those who have, know what I am talking about.
    You don't leave an experience like that. You don't worry about losing your salvation after that.
    We don't dwell on sin like Rajk, we don't look at God like an old man in the sky with a hammer, ready to beat on some one who "sins" (slips up).
    It is about a relationship that brings confidence, boldness, gratitude and thankfulness.
    It is a relationship you would want to share with the world. It is the free gift we want to share with the world.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 14:337 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Christ did not die so that Christians can continue with sin. Christ never said that neither did any of the Apostles

We already had this discussion [more than once in fact] and after a few quotes from me, you realise the Bible is not supporting your doctrine, then you tend to get personal and when I do not respond to your personal questions your remarks get ...[text shortened]... hrist's messages to the 7 churches. What is he saying about who gets eternal life? Can you tell me?
    "Christ did not die so that Christians can continue with sin."

Christ's spiritual death during the final three hours of His crucifixion satisfied God the Father's Divine Attributes of Justice and Righteousness [Divine Integrity]. Sins are no longer an issue prior to salvation [spiritual birth]. The only issue for us all is to decide whether to accept or reject God's grace [free] gift of salvation and eternal life [paid for in full by His Son Jesus Christ on behalf of all mankind]. Believers in Christ still have a sin nature [genetically transmitted by the male sperm from Adam] which is the source of temptations to our individual areas of weakness. God's omniscience [which knew all the knowable in eternity past] provided 1 John 1:9 as the only viable means of restoration of fellowship for the believer. It simply requires that we name/state/cite our covert and overt sins to Him in a rational manner; how we may feel about our sins is inconsequential. He forgets [and forgets] not only the sins we name but also all unknown and forgotten sins. Yes, I utilize His provision daily.

"'I and the Father are [a]one.' The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” (John 10:30-33) "Footnotes: [a]Or a unity; or one essence."

Notes: 1) The Essence of God [God the Father, God the Son; and God the Holy Spirit] or Attributes of Divine Integrity are Sovereignty; Love; Eternal Life; Righteousness; Omniscience; Omnipotence; Omnipresence; Immutability and Veracity. 2) Though this thread's title is "25 Reasons Why Salvation Is Permanent For Christians" there is in fact only one: God is Righteous and Just which mean's He is fair and is Immutable which means He cannot deny Himself by failing to keep His promise of salvation and eternal life to all who choose for rather than against His grace gift but will not coerce your volition. For your own sake and the sake of your family, please read John 3:16 again for the first time. I for one am not here to argue peripheral issues or to engage in debate with those whose minds are locked on negative volition and whose words here in this spirituality forum express clusters of loneliness, anxiety and denial. Believers who still have questions should contact their pastor/teachers for clarification. Bob
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 14:44
    To be more specific, [Jesus] never filled you or Rajk with holy spirit, He never filled you with his love to the point that you KNEW you were saved and secure in him..
    I used to believe Jesus had filled me with His love and that I was saved and secure in Him ~ rather like you still do ~ but I don't believe it anymore.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 14:46
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    The only issue for us all is to decide whether to accept or reject God's grace [free] gift of salvation and eternal life [paid for in full by His Son Jesus Christ on behalf of all mankind].
    Do you sincerely think that people can just decide to believe something that they simply do not believe?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 14:51
    I for one am not here to argue peripheral issues or to engage in debate with those whose minds are locked on negative volition and whose words here in this spirituality forum express clusters of loneliness, anxiety and denial.
    Do you believe any of the Christians on this forum exhibit "loneliness, anxiety and denial" or are you just talking about people who don't believe the same things as you just so happen to believe?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 15:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    I used to believe Jesus had filled me with His love and that I was saved and secure in Him ~ rather like you still do ~ but I don't believe it anymore.
    Then he was never real to you. You did not hear him, he did not confirm his love and security to you. You may have had "head knowledge" but not heart confirmation.
    I am saying you would have felt his undeniable presence.
    This would be akin to meeting me personally, face to face, then deny that I exist.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 15:161 edit
    Then he was never real to you. You did not hear him, he did not confirm his love and security to you. You may have had "head knowledge" but not heart confirmation.
    I am saying you would have felt his undeniable presence.
    This would be akin to meeting me personally, face to face, then deny that I exist.
    I believed He was real to me. I believed I heard Him. I believed He confirmed His love and security to me. I believed I had "heart confirmation". I believed I felt his undeniable presence. I believed these things for many, many years. I also believe you ~ completely ~ when you assert that you currently believe all these things about yourself.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 15:28
    You have a childish bible understanding. Do you have holy spirit residing in you?
    Do you manifest the spirit? Do you walk by the spirit? Do you bring anyone to Christ? Do you heal the sick" These are all commandments of Christ.
    Questions of a personal nature again .. not interested.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 15:39
    "Christ did not die so that Christians can continue with sin."

Christ's spiritual death during the final three hours of His crucifixion satisfied God the Father's Divine Attributes of Justice and Righteousness [Divine Integrity]. Sins are no longer an issue prior to salvation [spiritual birt ...[text shortened]... . Believers who still have questions should contact their pastor/teachers for clarification. Bob
    If what you say is true then there would have been no need for Christ and ALL the Apostles to write dire warnings to Christians to avoid sin, would there? The warnings are that if the Christian continues with sin then they can face eternal damnation. For your own sake please read the Bible and utilise Christ and the Apostles as your teachers ... they are your best teachers, not fallible men like yourself.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 15:47
    Your question is irrelevant to the OP.
    People like Rajk have never had a face to face encounter with Jesus Christ. He does not have holy spirit, nor does he understand spiritual matters.
    I also strongly believe that you never had a close encounter with Jesus.
    To be more specific, He never filled you or Rajk with holy spirit, He never filled you with ...[text shortened]... hip you would want to share with the world. It is the free gift we want to share with the world.
    What a liar you are ! A man who had a personal encounter with Jesus would never ever say Jesus did not know everything about eternal life, and that it is not important to follow His commandments and his commandments are expired.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 17:36
    What a liar you are ! A man who had a personal encounter with Jesus would never ever say Jesus did not know everything about eternal life, and that it is not important to follow His commandments and his commandments are expired.
    You are a real lunatic. I never said any of that.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 18:061 edit
    You are a real lunatic. I never said any of that.
    You keep saying that you are in a new dispensation which you call the Administration of Grace in which the commandments of Christ do not apply.

Many years ago [probably around 2007] you had said during a discussion about eternal life that Jesus did not know everything about eternal life. The Holy Spirit given to the Apostles advised them fully about eternal life after the Day of Pentecost.

The Bible says nothing about any new dispensation which replaces Christ or in any way changes the teachings of Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree