25 Reasons Why Salvation Is Permanent For Christians

25 Reasons Why Salvation Is Permanent For Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you sincerely think that people can just decide to believe something that they simply do not believe?
No. You have the privilege of believing or not believing anything in world you choose today,
Saturday October 24, 2015, until the cows come home and/or your physical death occurs.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Oct 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
If what you say is true then there would have been no need for Christ and ALL the Apostles to write dire warnings to Christians to avoid sin, would there? The warnings are that if the Christian continues with sin then they can face eternal damnation. For your own sake please read the Bible and utilise Christ and the Apostles as your teachers ... they are your best teachers, not fallible men like yourself.
Please seek clarification from your own pastor/teacher whose authority you accept..

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Please seek clarification from your own pastor/teacher whose authority you accept..
I accept the authority of Jesus Christ and the Apostles. I do not accept the teachings of fallible men. Plus I dont need any clarification for the issue at hand.... seems like you do. I suggest again that you read your Bible.

F

Moves
25 Oct 15
1 edit

No. You have the privilege of believing or not believing anything in world you choose today,
Saturday October 24, 2015, until the cows come home and/or your physical death occurs.
You answer "No" but then you make a remark that indicates your evasion continues.

Can you give an example from your own life where you had "the privilege" of choosing to believe something that you did not believe?

What you need is an example of something you believed was not true where you simply decided to believe it was true.

What you are suggesting sounds psychologically false and yet your assertion about people merely needing to "choose" to believe they will have eternal life relies upon this psychologically false notion.

An illustration of how you think it works in reality is needed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Can you give an example from your own life where you had "the privilege" of choosing to believe something that you did not believe?
Is it safe?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Did you mean to say the "Holy Spirit" is not an [b]uncountable noun?[/b]
I meant Holy Spirit is not a name, like Jesus is a name. I was wondering why checkbaiter had used the title as a if it were a name.

Checkbaiter would you like to comment on that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I meant Holy Spirit is not a name, like Jesus is a name. I was wondering why checkbaiter had used the title as a if it were a name.

I believe the Holy Spirit is God the Giver, holy spirit(lower case) is the gift God gives the believer at the new birth which resides in the believer forever. It becomes part of the person.
This is the part that cannot sin. It is as perfect as it will ever be, it is sealed and incorruptible. It has nine manifestations.

Z

Moves
25 Oct 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Anyone who is hell bent on murder never had a close encounter with Jesus.
no true scotsman fallacy.

so your point is that once you accept jesus into your heart, you are incapable of doing anything evil? that you are no longer human, but a paragon of virtue

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi

so your point is that once you accept jesus into your heart, you are incapable of doing anything evil? that you are no longer human, but a paragon of virtue
Please see post above yours.

Z

Moves
26 Oct 15

Please see post above yours.
aha, so basically, once saved, you no longer have free will. the holy spirit will make you do only nice things.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester

Would it make you feel any better if, for the purposes of this thread, we gave it a name? How about Joe? Sam? Oh, I know, Bob.

And yes, I know. You already call it Jesus.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Oct 15

I understand how futile it would be to refute the 25 reasons why a Christian cannot lose salvation.
I would just call it "mumbo jumbo" too... It's the easy way out.
You are whirling in circular arguments. That is your main problem with this concept. The bible says this, the bible says that, therefore it HAS to be true. Self fulfilling pithy sayings that make you feel better in this life but having zero to do with anything after you die.

There is this central arrogance that says humans are somehow worthy of the attention of a deity.

Do you SEE a deity? Do you feel one? Has it ever talked to you, Hi check, howzit hangin?

No, and there never will be since all religions are just man made constructs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi

No, the spirit is not capable. We need to submit to the spirit in us. It is also called Christ in you. This is what renewing of the mind is all about, what putting on the mind of Christ is all about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Oct 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
You are whirling in circular arguments. That is your main problem with this concept. The bible says this, the bible says that, therefore it HAS to be true. Self fulfilling pithy sayings that make you feel better in this life but having zero to do with anything after you die.

There is this central arrogance that says humans are somehow worthy of the atte ...[text shortened]... howzit hangin?

No, and there never will be since all religions are just man made constructs.
There is this central arrogance that says humans are somehow worthy of the attention of a deity.

No, they are not. I am forever amazed that God's love is so big, that he chooses to love humans.

Do you SEE a deity? Do you feel one? Has it ever talked to you,

Not visually...... sometimes...... and finally, yes.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Oct 15

Is his physical death related to the cows coming home?