1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 10:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm not going to quote scripture just share my thoughts on this.

In my opinion the confusion and subsequent arguments stem from interpretation of the dynamic between good works and effort. However actually spiritual life itself is mostly described in the Bible in terms of family, inheritance and birthright. The regeneration of a person's spirit is ac ...[text shortened]... may mean temporarily estrangement but it does not mean one is no longer a member of the family.
    I completely agree that once regeneration takes place it cannot be undone.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 10:58
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Here is my point, since you want to dodge the obvious and will not answer.
    You say Christ died for our past sins. Right?
    Why was he crucified? He himself said he was the Lamb sacrificed for the sins of the whole world.
    Why was this necessary?
    Because God has always required a blood sacrifice for sin. You see this throughout the old covenant.
    But Jes ...[text shortened]... ou better hope Jesus paid for all sins once forever, or we will all be cast in the Lake of fire.
    This kind of statement is what I call the logic of a fool:

If you say God just forgives sin today, then why didn't he just forgive sins in the past and spared Christ all the suffering and death? You see how your interpretation makes no sense?

Why not go back further and say : Well why did God not stop Satan from deceiving Eve? could he not have done that and spared mankind the consequences of sin?

This 'why did God not do x, y and z' nonsense logic is what causes atheism and false doctrines to flourish. God does things his way .. accept it or move away from Christianity.

Christ was sacrificed for ALL SINS... that is correct if interpreted as all the sins of the whole world.
    For the individual believer the situation is different.

At the point where the believer professes faith and accepts Christ, he is washed clean and given an opportunity to live in Christ. Some fail and some succeed. Repentance and forgiveness is in the hands of God thereafter. I cannot say beyond that. Only on the day of judgment will all be revealed. There are some who know they are given eternal life and they know that they cannot lose it. There are some who live evil crooked worldly sinful lives after accepting Christ .. these live in fear of judgment as the bible says over and over .. why you keep ignoring it in favour of church dogma is beyond me.

To make a blanket statement that all Christians will get into Gods kingdom is where we part company. The bible does not support that.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 12:54
    The retarded or not normal are people like you who use vulgarity. It is not Christ like, nor do you understand God's grace or Christ's atonement.
    yes, i am vulgar for using strong words but not one who would claim someone who was "saved" can then go on killing sprees without consequences.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 13:38
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, i am vulgar for using strong words but not one who would claim someone who was "saved" can then go on killing sprees without consequences.
    There are consequences. It is called jail or execution.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 15:57
    There are consequences. It is called jail or execution.
    but nothing to impact your salvation? your ticket to heaven?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 17:59
    I'm not going to quote scripture just share my thoughts on this.

In my opinion the confusion and subsequent arguments stem from interpretation of the dynamic between good works and effort. However actually spiritual life itself is mostly described in the Bible in terms of family, inheritance and birthright. The regeneration of a person's spirit is ac ...[text shortened]... may mean temporarily estrangement but it does not mean one is no longer a member of the family.
    I suppose my question only shifts the debate from once saved always saved to once Christian always Christian.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 18:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I completely agree that once regeneration takes place it cannot be undone.
    Finally, after 8 years, we agree on something.

😀
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 18:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    but nothing to impact your salvation? your ticket to heaven?
    Anyone who is hell bent on murder never had a close encounter with Jesus.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 18:24
    Are you saying that somebody who has had a close encounter with Jesus is incapable of murder?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 18:30
    Judas Iscariot
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 18:362 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Are you saying that somebody who has had a close encounter with Jesus is incapable of murder?
    Checkbaiter does not believe in the Bible. Jesus himself knows that even those who profess to be Christian are capable of all kinds of sick depraved evil. Hence this statement in Revelation

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:7-8 KJV)
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 18:37
    Finally, after 8 years, we agree on something.

😀
    I think we agreed on several things... you just dont remember 🙂
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 03:02
    Judas Iscariot
    Judas was not born again. He also was grieved with his decision.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 03:03
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Someone who is born again has a strong desire to live holy and please God.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '15 03:06
    Checkbaiter does not believe in the Bible. Jesus himself knows that even those who profess to be Christian are capable of all kinds of sick depraved evil. Hence this statement in Revelation

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and [b]murderers, ...[text shortened]... ke which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:7-8 KJV)
    You have a childish bible understanding. Do you have holy spirit residing in you?
    Do you manifest the spirit? Do you walk by the spirit? Do you bring anyone to Christ? Do you heal the sick" These are all commandments of Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree