1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 12:35
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Exactly. I always invite the local JW's in for a homebrew off my kegerator when they stop by. It's the hospitable thing to do. None have yet taken me up on it which is probably a good thing since I'd never get rid of them once they've tried it.
    😀
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 12:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, kindness like that is true hospitality, that is showing kindness to strangers. Its a pity we cannot drink while on the house to house work, except beverages like tea, juice and coffee 🙁
    What about soda or sugar soda?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 12:431 edit
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    I'm a Christian. I'm glad that I am. I have to think, though, that 99.999% of the reason I'm a Christian is because I was born in a Christian family in the Western World. Were I born to Muslims in the Middle East or Buddhists in Asia, there are pretty strong odds that I would not be a Christian. Should I be so easily 'saved' by birthright?

God God decrees the Earth to no longer be necessary, and brings us all into the Kingdom.
    Good post, Thank you. Christ is the christians way. Stay strong in your faith with a firm inner cinviction
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 13:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What about soda or sugar soda?
    yup, soda or sugar soda is fine!
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 21:04
    yup, soda or sugar soda is fine!
    Thats good. I love the tonic of a carbonated beverage-and no side effects 🙂
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '11 21:381 edit
    Thats good. I love the tonic of a carbonated beverage-and no side effects 🙂
    yup but there is something awesome about a cold bottle of Bavarian pilsner, some
    crusty bread and a chunk of farmhouse cheese!
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 20:19
    I'm a Christian. I'm glad that I am. I have to think, though, that 99.999% of the reason I'm a Christian is because I was born in a Christian family in the Western World. Were I born to Muslims in the Middle East or Buddhists in Asia, there are pretty strong odds that I would not be a Christian. Should I be so easily 'saved' by birthright?
    so what you're saying is that you can't think for yourself... interesting. do you also vote for the same political party as your family?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 20:29
    Originally posted by JS357
    I didn't realize how simple it is. So if a Christian wants to convert me, and I say I don't want to live forever, the Christian will accept that and not try to convert me, right?
    Wrong.

All you have to do is walk away.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 20:31

God ...[text shortened]... God decrees the Earth to no longer be necessary, and brings us all into the Kingdom.
    "...the reason I'm a Christian is because I was born in a Christian family in the Western World."

The reason you're a Christian(I hope)is because you trusted in what Christ did for you on the cross.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 20:33
    No , they wait until someone comes upto their monastary and asks earnestly for spiritual instruction.
    Dont you think in this way only the people that really want to be ther will be ther, and hence you will get a more unified, focussed group.
    Potential spiritual adherents onlt goto a bhuddist Zen monastary if they really want to be there. The Zen monks wont go soliciting for members.
    If you really want to live forever you need Christ.

Do whatever is necessary.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 00:311 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    in a country with a small percentage of christians and they still manage to be the most annoying trying to convert people.

why can't they just leave people alone, not once has a hindu, muslim or any other person from a religion other than christianity confronted me with their beliefs in an attempt to change mine. why christians? why do you do it?
    Because a wonderful Man, a God-man is on the throne of this universe. He told His believers to preach the good news to all creation:

" And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.

And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 28:18-20)

That is what Jesus told us after His resurrection. So that is why we preach the gospel.

I know what the expected response will be from the skeptic. So preemtively, I reiterate that He said " ... teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."

That is not teaching them ANYTHING you wish, ie. Spanish Conquistadors, Ku Klux Klan, Salem Witch Trials. His command is to teach "all that I have commanded you" not teach your own thing and say "Jesus commanded it."
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 01:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    Wrong.

All you have to do is walk away.
    If I live in a place and time when that is a protected right.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Apr '11 20:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    If you really want to live forever you need Christ.

Do whatever is necessary.
    How do you know I do not advocate Christ? Perhaps I play devils advocate so people may choose.

JC is part of my concophony for the great tv show that is our lives.

I dont see it same as you, but my ideas could conform much easier to yours than yours could conform to mine .
    That's because its all words, and you and I share the one conciousness.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Apr '11 20:47
    yup but there is something awesome about a cold bottle of Bavarian pilsner, some
    crusty bread and a chunk of farmhouse cheese!
    Beer 'n' cheeese? I dont know about that...
    Hey Rob, my neighbour turns out to be a JW. Like right next door, the one that can hear and smell all that eminates from my flat.
    I seen him put his tie on on the weekend and go out but I thought he was going to his mothers or church. Obviously he's going door knocking.
    We get along fine and he is a fine neighbour. No problems except that one: Why has he not told me about the good word? After two years of friendly fleeting chats you would think he would've mentioned it...no? Am I missing something? Is he trying to keep his faith a secret from me?
    ...The plot thickens.. I dont know if I have the time for this
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '11 09:332 edits
    Beer 'n' cheeese? I dont know about that...
    Hey Rob, my neighbour turns out to be a JW. Like right next door, the one that can hear and smell all that eminates from my flat.
    I seen him put his tie on on the weekend and go out but I thought he was going to his mothers or church. Obviously he's going door knocking.
    We get along fine and he is a fine his faith a secret from me?
    ...The plot thickens.. I dont know if I have the time for this
    Lol, perhaps he is whiffing up the scents every time he comes home and gets so
    mellow that he just wants to munch stuff 🙂 You know my brother actually sealed
    his floorboards and windows in his flat with silicon to stop and smells emanating
    from his flat.

As for why he has nor taken the opportunity to witness to you is perhaps out of
    respect for your neighbourliness, for not everyone takes kindly to it and he does
    not want to upset his nearest neighbour and as you have not asked him about it, he
    just smiles and goes about his business. Its not an easy thing to do Karoly, talk to
    others about your faith and its sometimes easier to talk to strangers that you may
    never see again rather than your neighbour whom you see regularly. Me i dont
    care, i witness around where i live, it makes me more comfortable knowing the
    people than not knowing them. Just one point, doors are like a prop, its actually
    speaking to people that we are interested in. When i first became a witness i was
    living in student accommodation, when i put on my suit and stuff, they made great
    fun of me, look a Christian!, release the lions etc but the Philosophy student in the
    next bedsit actually told me that he admired my stance, which i thought was
    encouraging and when he went away after graduation, he left me not a few very
    expensive books 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree