1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Apr '11 22:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, perhaps he is whiffing up the scents every time he comes home and gets so
    mellow that he just wants to munch stuff πŸ™‚ You know my brother actually sealed
    his floorboards and windows in his flat with silicon to stop and smells emanating
    from his flat.

As for why he has nor taken the opportunity to witness to you is perhaps out of
    re ...[text shortened]... couraging and when he went away after graduation, he left me not a few very
    expensive books πŸ™‚
    Yes, I thought your answer would be along those lines, respect your neighbours.
    In the past, He has told me that he completely trusted me to look after the place when he's gone and complete confidence in me to do the right thing as a neighbour in such close proximity.
    The smells aren't regularπŸ˜‰ , as he has raised a concern with smoking weed to my girlie, who automatically dismissed it as a "good thing for Charlie". (He was concerned for my young son).
    Actually now that I think about it, he prolly leaked this JW info to my mum on purpose.
    Yes, he is respectful, but also intelligent, in the sense that he prolly knows he's not going to convert me so he has made a tactical decision not to engage.

Anyway, it's funny how sometimes you think you know things but later they turn out to be different.
    Thnx for the comments , Robbie, I shall continue to monitor the ways of the JW's as they seem to have quite a decent following in these parts...
    And also the actions of my lovely neighbour, who is not all that he apppears on first impressions.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 02:32
    i thought it, but i cannot think why i did not say it, anyhow, i noticed this thing when teaching the asylum seekers who came to the Uk, they actually thought that in their own words, the UK was a 'Christian country', what a shock it was for them when they arrived to find it so deviod.

what experience did you have of caste system, please tell!
    My daughter has recently be tracing our family ancestry in the USA.
    Apparently, at least one male left the UK to arrive in the USA. I
    wonder why he left the UK. From history I understand there were
    some that went to the new world to escape religious persecution
    from the Church of England. Do you know anyone named Hinds in
    the UK or did they all leave.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 05:13
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Exactly. I always invite the local JW's in for a homebrew off my kegerator when they stop by. It's the hospitable thing to do. None have yet taken me up on it which is probably a good thing since I'd never get rid of them once they've tried it.
    Another reason I could never be a JW I love beer πŸ™‚

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 05:15
    Lol, kindness like that is true hospitality, that is showing kindness to strangers. Its a pity we cannot drink while on the house to house work, except beverages like tea, juice and coffee πŸ™
    SEE LOL πŸ˜‰

Manny
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 06:50
    Lol, kindness like that is true hospitality, that is showing kindness to strangers. Its a pity we cannot drink while on the house to house work, except beverages like tea, juice and coffee πŸ™
    I am always hospitable to JW's, and Mormons if they call at my house; I don't always invite them in though. You would be welcome for a beer at my house (or tea). We would probably have to talk about sport though!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 07:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I am always hospitable to JW's, and Mormons if they call at my house; I don't always invite them in though. You would be welcome for a beer at my house (or tea). We would probably have to talk about sport though!
    the more people in the world like you, the better the world would be, i dont mind sport
    although i must warn you Im a Tottenham fan, even though the last time I was in
    Tottenham i had my car broken into and my wallet stolen! There is a Kingdom hall
    right across from White hart lane itself, when i went there, the brother that was
    conducting the Bible study was called Errol and he had a baldy head like the dude from
    Hot Chocolate, i was waiting for him to let rip on the mike, you sexy thang, but it
    never happened! πŸ™‚
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 07:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My daughter has recently be tracing our family ancestry in the USA.
    Apparently, at least one male left the UK to arrive in the USA. I
    wonder why he left the UK. From history I understand there were
    some that went to the new world to escape religious persecution
    from the Church of England. Do you know anyone named Hinds in
    the UK or did they all leave.
    Actually its very interesting, do you no if the name is a derivative of Heinz? or has it
    been preserved as it is. There was an excellent dude at my school called Hinds i am
    sure, he was into motorcycles and became a satellite engineer. Thoroughly excellent
    chap he was as well, very polite.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 07:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, I thought your answer would be along those lines, respect your neighbours.
    In the past, He has told me that he completely trusted me to look after the place when he's gone and complete confidence in me to do the right thing as a neighbour in such close proximity.
    The smells aren't regularπŸ˜‰ , as he has raised a concern with smoking weed to my g ...[text shortened]... the actions of my lovely neighbour, who is not all that he apppears on first impressions.
    Its quite interesting, there was a young dude from Glasgow, whose parents were
    witnesses and their son was a bit mental (we mean wild when we say mental), anyhow
    he wanted to do the Australian thing for a year and they were worried because he was
    not very spiritual. So he went to Australia and did he not fall in with witnesses that
    loved to go surfing and have a great time and that were really into being witnesses,
    the young boy came back more spiritual than he had went out, his parents couldn't
    believe it.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 08:44
    Actually its very interesting, do you no if the name is a derivative of Heinz? or has it
    been preserved as it is. There was an excellent dude at my school called Hinds i am
    sure, he was into motorcycles and became a satellite engineer. Thoroughly excellent
    chap he was as well, very polite.
    The name is not derived from Heinz. There is a coat of arms
    symbol for it. If I remember correctly it had three hind (deer)
    on it. There are others here who spell there name Hines. But
    my daughter has not made any connection so I guess we are
    not related. I told her that if she finds out that one of our ancestors
    is an ape, I don't want to know about it.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 10:31
    Its quite interesting, there was a young dude from Glasgow, whose parents were
    witnesses and their son was a bit mental (we mean wild when we say mental), anyhow
    he wanted to do the Australian thing for a year and they were worried because he was
    not very spiritual. So he went to Australia and did he not fall in with witnesses that
    loved to ...[text shortened]... the young boy came back more spiritual than he had went out, his parents couldn't
    believe it.
    I can believe it.

How old was he when he left? How long was he in Oz for? cities or outback/country?

I bet his parents were worried whatever age he was.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 14:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I can believe it.

How old was he when he left? How long was he in Oz for? cities or outback/country?

I bet his parents were worried whatever age he was.
    he was 17, went to Oz for a year, just out of school, and yes his parents were freaking out, just demonstrates the positive effect persons can have on others.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 20:32
    he was 17, went to Oz for a year, just out of school, and yes his parents were freaking out, just demonstrates the positive effect persons can have on others.
    I went to Western Europe for 6 months at 18 with nothing but a guitar and 200$.
    I had a ball.
    Ah, the university of life...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree