5 1/2 months

5 1/2 months

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Apr 11

in a country with a small percentage of christians and they still manage to be the most annoying trying to convert people.

why can't they just leave people alone, not once has a hindu, muslim or any other person from a religion other than christianity confronted me with their beliefs in an attempt to change mine. why christians? why do you do it?

T

Moves
01 Apr 11

Originally posted by trev33
in a country with a small percentage of christians and they still manage to be the most annoying trying to convert people.

why can't they just leave people alone, not once has a hindu, muslim or any other person from a religion other than christianity confronted me with their beliefs in an attempt to change mine. why christians? why do you do it?
Ultimately it seems to be to "be content in the knowledge of [their] attempt and that [they] will receive a reward from God" as a poster on another thread recently said.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
01 Apr 11

So you couldn't articulate properly your position again?

rc

Moves
01 Apr 11
1 edit

what a whingebag, you were probably more harassed with hawkers trying to sell you
stuff than with Christians trying to convert you!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Apr 11

This is why Christianity and Islam are on top in the world.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 11

Because Christians believe that being Christian increases your likelihood of having a happy afterlife. So it is clearly showing love and empathy if they try to convert you.
Muslims, believe the same, but they are less empathetic when it comes to infidels.
Hindus believe that any path to God is OK, so they don't really mind what religion you follow.

Oh, and there are some pretty strong instructions in the Bible telling Christians to go out there and convert others. And there are definitely a few (as mentioned already) who believe that 'saving souls for Jesus' earns them brownie points.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Apr 11

Insecurity. There, I've said it.

rc

Moves
01 Apr 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Insecurity. There, I've said it.
sooo you advocate your beliefs to others because you are insecure about them, someone tell me i am not dreaming and the opposite should be true😕

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sooo you advocate your beliefs to others because you are insecure about them, someone tell me i am not dreaming and the opposite should be true😕
I'm happy with the way things are. Diversity 'n' all.
I have no desire for anyone to follow my spiritual path because I didn't follow anyone else's.
Not saying things couldn't be better...

rc

Moves
02 Apr 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm happy with the way things are. Diversity 'n' all.
I have no desire for anyone to follow my spiritual path because I didn't follow anyone else's.
Not saying things couldn't be better...
Actually i thought you were speaking about Christians and why they express their faith,
now I can see it was a personal statement and I utterly apologise for my impudence!

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Apr 11

what a whingebag, you were probably more harassed with hawkers trying to sell you
😉 Now J.W. 's will come a knocking. No doubt and RC will testify to this. 🙂

Manny

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
02 Apr 11

And again you fail to address the question. Windbag.

Moves
02 Apr 11

What happened to you that was so annoying and how did you respond to them?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Apr 11
2 edits

Actually i thought you were speaking about Christians and why they express their faith,
now I can see it was a personal statement and I utterly apologise for my impudence!
Oh,Thank you. That went as well as I thoght it would,ie. you got in me in one post!!

Here's to more of that,cheers 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Apr 11

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
And again you fail to address the question. Windbag.
x step(s) forward, y step(s) back. Perhaps you two could fill in the variables? 🙂