5000 woman from the UK converted to Islam last year

5000 woman from the UK converted to Islam last year

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
26 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Trev33
Many converting from Christianity.

When asked why she converted from Christianity to Islam one woman said 'to seek the truth'.

When she realizes Islam is also full of hogwash where will she turn next?
Is nobody here a proper skeptic / critical thinker?

Could I politely ask for sources? Where did this figure come from? Has it just been made up?

I think the number 5000 is nearly twice that reported by the original source which I think is a study by a group called Faith Matters. I did a quick Google for "5000 women convert to islam" as anyone with a real interest in confirming the facts could have done, and came up with this:

Women Increasingly Drawn To Islam In U.K. : NPR
www.npr.org › News › Religion
21 Jan 2011 – More than 5000 people in Britain converted to Islam last year. That's an average of 14 a day, and most of them are women, including Lauren ...

5000 people, not Women!

Research findings: Over 5000 Britons embrace Islam each year ...
tribune.com.pk/.../research-findings-over-5000-britons-embrace-isla...
8 Jan 2011 – Research findings: Over 5000 Britons embrace Islam each year. Published: ... More than 60 per cent of Muslim converts are women. LONDON: ...

5000 Britons, not women!

The Islamification of Britain: record numbers embrace Muslim faith ...
www.independent.co.uk › News › UK › Home News
4 Jan 2011 – The number of Britons converting to Islam has doubled in 10 years. ... as high as 100000, with as many as 5000 new conversions nationwide each year. ... this year when she became the first female convert to be elected the ...

Britons, not women!

5000$ REWARD! Challenge for Muslims - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=60L3baD43Bs9 Jan 2011 - 1 min - Uploaded by JesusOrMuhammad
Christian Women Converted to Islam ** Emotional...by zizuabdul30977 views; Thumbnail 2:37. Add to. FAKE Ex-Christian ...
More videos for 5000 women convert to islam »

Irrelevant

5000 British convert to Islam annually
www.allvoices.com/.../7799360-5000-british-convert-to... - United States
5 Jan 2011 – 5000 British convert to Islam annually. London : United .... 'White women leading number of Britons converting to Islam ... www.indiatalkies.com ...

Britons, not women!

Stories - How I Became Muslim?: Thousands convert to Islam
www.islamicity.com/forum/printer_friendly_posts.asp?TID=516
11 Apr 2005 – This is just a report about how thousands convert to Islam in this modern era. ... Some 3000 to 5000 Italians have recently converted to Islam from Catholicism. .... More and more Spanish women, are now converting to Islam. ...

Irrelevant. It's talking about Italy, not Briton

5000 British convert to Islam every year - Page 5 - The Student Room
www.thestudentroom.co.uk › ... › Current Affairs
5000 muslim women stoned to death every year for accused adultery ... Many more Africans and Asians convert to Islam all the time, yet it is the "white" ...

British, not women!

The Hall of Manly Excellence • View topic - Swedish Women Convert ...
Irrelevant, we are looking for British, not Swedish.

the 5000 UK Nationals Embrace Islam Every Year Majority is Women
viewstonews.com/index.php/more...5000...islam...women/islam
8 Jan 2011 – “Converts to Islam are unfortunately viewed predominantly through the ... per cent of converts are female while the average age of the convert is ...

UK Nationals, not women!

I looked deeper at the last one since the Google search results mentioned a percentage of women. It says that 62 per cent of converts are female. So by my dodgy mental arithmetic that's 3100. Not 5000. Which, as has been pointed out, is a tiny number. And without corresponding statistics on the number converting to Christianity, Hinduism, Wicca, Bhuddism or abandoning the crutch of faith altogether and embracing reality, is an utterly meaningless number.

The number seems to have come from a report from an inter-faith group called "Faith Matters":
http://faith-matters.org/resources/publicationsreports/218-report-on-converts-to-islam-in-the-uk-a-minority-within-a-minority

It seems to be a non-issue to me, particularly without the corresponding statistics for other conversions. Why are you guys even discussing this?

--- Penguin.

Moves
26 Oct 11
1 edit

I was giving the 5000 woman figure that was quoted on the radio show i was listening to, if the real figure is actually 3100 it doesn't change a lot for me.

Why would a woman convert to Islam? Why would a homosexual convert to Christianity? Why would a Jew join the Nazi party? Why would the lowest class convert to Hinduism?

This isn't about people converting from one religion to the other, they'll all flawed imo but why join something that has a recent history of brutality against your people? It makes no sense.

P

Moves
26 Oct 11

I was giving the 5000 woman figure that was quoted on the radio show i was listening to, if the real figure is actually 3100 it doesn't change a lot for me.

Why would a woman convert to Islam? Why would a homosexual convert to Christianity? Why would a Jew join the Nazi party? Why would the lowest class convert to Hinduism?

This isn't about people con ...[text shortened]... join something that has a recent history of brutality against your people? It makes no sense.
I think I see your question now and I think it has already sort-of been answered: they do it because they are human and humans are, sadly, not as rational as we think we are. Why do some women repeatedly fall for violent men? Why are people superstitious or religious?

--- Penguin

Cape Town

Moves
27 Oct 11

This isn't about people converting from one religion to the other, they'll all flawed imo but why join something that has a recent history of brutality against your people? It makes no sense.
You are partly guilty of anti-religionism (the equivalent of being bigoted or racist). You are judging all members of a religion based on the actions of a few. This is grossly unfair. You are judging British Muslims because they share a religion with people in the Middle east whose culture encourages violence against women. This is no different from judging black Britons based on the actions of a group of black people in South Africa. The only way you can be justified in your statements is if you can show that it is the religion itself that is responsible for the violence.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
It's only the beginning.

Droves will leave once the stuff hits the fan. When it becomes easier to convert to Islam or some other religion than to remain a Christian, the "plastic Christians" robbie talks about will fall away like leaves in autumn. The persecution of Christians is coming, mark my words. A new holocaust of epic proportions.
Pre or post rapture?

gb

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Oct 11

This isn't about people con ...[text shortened]... join something that has a recent history of brutality against your people? It makes no sense.
Desperate people are unstable and lacking in critical discernment. Result: Many

emotional vulnerable people who will swallow any lie to change their status quo.

gb

Moves
27 Oct 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
The only way you can be justified in your statements is if you can show that it is the religion itself that is responsible for the violence.
Do you want me to show you more quotes from the Qur'an?

Moves
27 Oct 11

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

emotional vulnerable people who will swallow any lie to change their status quo.

gb
You have a point.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 11
1 edit

gb
Just as those living in the last days, tired of war, will cry "Peace and Safety!" (1 Thessalonians 5:3) and accept the AntiChrist and his rise to rule over them.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
I knew you would go for the "tomtom is not a religion (or doctrine, etc)" which is to completely gloss over my point.

You are very, very wrong. You couldn't be more wrong, in saying that a teaching or doctrine is flawed if people (even many people) do bad things in its name. If they do so AGAINST the doctrine, then clearly the doctrine itself is not res ...[text shortened]... e PEOPLE that try to follow the teachings of Christ are flawed. Not the doctrine/teachings.
Spot on, man. Not that I expect tomtom to listen to you. I tried the same argument.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 11

Pre or post rapture?

gb
Post rapture, of course. All that follows will be marked the Tribulation, up to the Battle of Armageddon, when Christ returns and binds Satan to the abyss for a millenium.

During the Tribulation, there will be a major increase in the numbers of Christians as never seen before. Many of these will be Jews. So many, in fact, that it proves a hindrance to the AntiChrist, and he unleashes persecution on them as never seen on earth before, and in the last three and a half years, after he proclaims himself God in the rebuilt Temple, is the Christian Holocaust I spoke of, starting with the "mark of the beast".

Quite separate from this, I also believe that pre-rapture, we'll also see a gradual rise of Atheism and a concomitant societal degradation of Christianity, despite a widespread belief we are entering the Last Days.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
28 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Just as those living in the last days, tired of war, will cry "Peace and Safety!" (1 Thessalonians 5:3) and accept the AntiChrist and his rise to rule over them.
Indeed my lady. Seems like these days, folks would put just about anyone in power (even radical hacks like Obama) as long as they promise peace. Obviously as this sentiment increases, the stage will be set to proceed just as the prophecies proclaim.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Oct 11
1 edit

Do you want me to show you more quotes from the Qur'an?
Show me as many as you like, it won't prove your point. I can show you even more from the Bible, or the British law books. You are judging people based on their religion but haven't shown that the religion is responsible for the behaviour you are claiming.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
28 Oct 11

Originally posted by yo its me
Maybe not but Christianity promotes equality where as hinduism has generation after generation of certian families living as servants to the other families- that's horrible.
Is that so ? Where did you get this totally absurd view of Hinduism? In India today, there is no such ' serfdom ' or ' slavery ' as was prevalent in Russia or USA of the olden times. Casteism started weakening hundreds of years ago and died out in independent India.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
28 Oct 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
Hinduism is better than Christianity IMO... there has been no brutal wars in the name of hinduism... there have been in the name of christianity.
Thanks for your view of Hinduism.