1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 01:45
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Hinduism is better than Christianity IMO... there has been no brutal wars in the name of hinduism... there have been in the name of christianity.
    What brutal wars are you talking about?
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 02:41
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Many converting from Christianity.

When asked why she converted from Christianity to Islam one woman said 'to seek the truth'.

When she realizes Islam is also full of hogwash where will she turn next?
    In a recent article Andrew Walden offers some amazing statistics: “In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every day, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.” These are some remarkable figures indeed.

As already mentioned, the rise in numbers in Islam is mainly due to demographics, not conversions. “This is more than the normal flow between two large religious communities. Islam can point to little in the way of recent conversions. Its claim to be the world’s fastest-growing religion stems mostly from the high birth rate in Islamic countries, whose infant mortality rates have been cut by the introduction of Western medicine. Christian growth is based on adult conversion. As leading Christian evangelist Wolfgang Simpson writes, ‘More Muslims have come to Christ in the last two decades than in all of history’.”

http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2008/04/05/islam-and-christianity-looking-at-the-numbers/
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 03:54
    Originally posted by sumydid
    [quote][b]In a recent article Andrew Walden offers some amazing statistics: “In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every day, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.” These are some remarkable figures indeed.

As already mentioned, the rise in numbers in Islam is mainly due to demographi ...[text shortened]... e]

http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2008/04/05/islam-and-christianity-looking-at-the-numbers/
    Halleluyah !!! Praise the Lord !!! 🙂
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 08:37
    Considering theres estimated to be only 1.6m Muslims in the UK (2009) and the Islamic repressive reputation towards woman, 5,000 is a staggeringly high number of woman from the UK choosing to freely convert.
    Its a tiny tiny number. I am willing to bet that the stats for Christians changing denomination or people claiming to have converted to Christianity is far higher.
    It wouldn't surprise me if you found at least 5000 people claiming to have converted to Buddhism, or Hinduism or even Wiccan.

Someone else pointed out that the stats are for women only and therefore it is likely that many of them converted in order to marry a Muslim man.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 09:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its a tiny tiny number. I am willing to bet that the stats for Christians changing denomination or people claiming to have converted to Christianity is far higher.
    It wouldn't surprise me if you found at least 5000 people claiming to have converted to Buddhism, or Hinduism or even Wiccan.

Someone else pointed out that the stats are for women only and therefore it is likely that many of them converted in order to marry a Muslim man.
    I know that there has been a huge surge in Buddhism in Australia in the lat 15 or so years.
    This may not be as big a number as it may be in the Uk, BUT , as a percentile of the population ,(in australia), I bet that there has been a very significant percentlie that have converted to buddhism. And there is a definate move away from christianity to buddhism (amongst other smaller ,(eastern) religons, in general).

Juxtaposed to this , there has been a steady decline in church attendances in the last 25 years. (This doesn't neccesarliy mean that people ,(are not thniking christian-like), it just means that people are not going to church so much, instead preferring the modern way to spread the message, (in their own way).

Of course there are a great many who are undecided and dont buy into buddhism Or chrsitianity. ( I can elaborate on this point if you wish- just say the word)
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 17:39

There you go again with the 'people' comment. I don't know how many men converted to Islam, i don't know how many people male or female converted to any other religion from any other religion in the past year, that's not important.

The question should be, why did 5000 WOMAN convert from whatever religion or lack of religion to Islam last year? A religion that has a horrible reputation towards woman.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath..." Allah telling Job to beat his wife.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392454/Muslim-girl-Katya-Koren-19-stoned-death-beauty-contest-Ukraine.html

http://www.iris.org.il/blog/archives/2250-UK-Muslim-Honor-Killing-Wife-Daughters-Burned-Alive.html

The list of examples go and on. Why?
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 17:40
    [quote][b]In a recent article Andrew Walden offers some amazing statistics: “In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every day, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.” These are some remarkable figures indeed.

As already mentioned, the rise in numbers in Islam is mainly due to demographi ...[text shortened]... e]

Hogwash.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/4229/women.html
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 18:29
    The question should be, why did 5000 WOMAN convert from whatever religion or lack of religion to Islam last year? A religion that has a horrible reputation towards woman.
    So it is the reputation Islam has regarding women that concerns you? Why are you not equally concerned about the number of women becoming Christian or Jewish considering those religions also have lots of bigoted members (and teachings)?
    Have you considered that maybe the women are actually running away from other religions or social situations where they are treated worse?
    Have you considered that most people do not look at human rights records before joining a religion?
    Have you asked how many homosexual people have become Christian despite the very serious discrimination against them practised by many Christians?
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 19:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What brutal wars are you talking about?
    Are you ignorant?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 19:201 edit
    Are you ignorant?
    Hes a zoob!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 23:14
    Why don't you ask your Muslim women friends? Just bring it up and ask them straight out.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '11 00:59

So it is the reputation Islam has regarding women that concerns you?

Concerns? no. Interests. All religions have their flaws, but one of the Islamic flaws seems to be the mistreatment of woman. As a cat owner (or as someone who is slave to a cat) i can't imagine ever joining a society with a histroy of mistreating cats, that's basically what the woman who are converting to Islam are doing, i just don't understand it.

Why are you not equally concerned about the number of women becoming Christian or Jewish considering those religions also have lots of bigoted members (and teachings)?

When was the last woman to be stoned to death in the name of Christianity or Judaism?

Have you considered that maybe the women are actually running away from other religions or social situations where they are treated worse?

I have, i question where they run to not from where they ran. If you ran out of a burning building would you run into another? Converting to Islam as a woman is not something to irrationally dive into. What if they change their mind again? Does the phrase 'honor killing' mean anything to you?

Have you considered that most people do not look at human rights records before joining a religion?

Maybe they should, world would be a better place.

Have you asked how many homosexual people have become Christian despite the very serious discrimination against them practised by many Christians?

I haven't. I would hope and expect it to be few but who knows. Question is, would an open homosexual be allowed into certain churches?
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '11 01:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why don't you ask your Muslim women friends? Just bring it up and ask them straight out.
    I would if i had any Muslim female friends... and i've never come across a non-Muslim woman thinking of converting. Any Muslim woman that i have spoken to where born into Islam and either gave very flaky answers to certain question or just didn't answer.
  14. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    26 Oct '11 01:06
    Are you ignorant?
    No, he rightfully questions the claim that Christians are responsible for all these brutal wars. He's asking you to be more specific.

Sorry, but, it goes a little deeper than just throwing a claim out there that Christians have brutalized so many people on the battlefield.

Was it you that said hinduism is superior because it's not responsible for so many brutal wars like Christianity?

Wouldn't the superior religion be the true religion and not necessarily the one that killed the fewest people?

And that's not to say if Christianity is superior it's ok for all Christians to go on killing sprees in the name of God.

Listen the points here are many. But the major points are: Have you considered the distinct possiblity that when someone goes on a killing spree on the battlefield in the name of God that they may not actually be a Christian? And secondly, do you not agree that in self defense, to mame or kill the aggressor is allowable under the right circumstances? If so, can you not expand that logic beyond the individual and apply it to territories and their native populations?
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '11 01:40
    No, he rightfully questions the claim that Christians are responsible for all these brutal wars. He's asking you to be more specific.

Sorry, but, it goes a little deeper than just throwing a claim out there that Christians have brutalized so many people on the battlefield.

Was it you that said hinduism is superior because it's not responsible for so m ...[text shortened]... that logic beyond the individual and apply it to territories and their native populations?
    The message in the bible is not wrong, christianity is wrong. Jesus did not call his deciples christians of any denomination, did he?

There must be a flaw in christianity when the crusades happen in the name of christianity and to this day holy wars between christians and muslims continued thousands of years later. The flaw is not the teachings of Christ but the men who interpreted these teachings wrongfully and founded christianity, a flawed religion.

You ever wonder why there are so many denominations? It is because there was one in the beginning the RC church and people found it to be wrong and rebelled... but nobody could agree on what was right afterwards giving us a disjointed and fragmented religion... and "christians" wonder why the world is the way it is today, looking down from their high horses.

Who would you like better; a haughty know-it-all christian whom doesn't break the ten commandments except one(love thy neighbor) or a suicidal heroin addict who cares for and helps people?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree