1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 15:41
    Many converting from Christianity.

When asked why she converted from Christianity to Islam one woman said 'to seek the truth'.

When she realizes Islam is also full of hogwash where will she turn next?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 15:58
    Originally posted by Trev33

When asked why she converted from Christianity to Islam one woman said 'to seek the truth'.

It's only the beginning.

Droves will leave once the stuff hits the fan. When it becomes easier to convert to Islam or some other religion than to remain a Christian, the "plastic Christians" robbie talks about will fall away like leaves in autumn. The persecution of Christians is coming, mark my words. A new holocaust of epic proportions.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 16:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It's only the beginning.

Droves will leave once the stuff hits the fan. When it becomes easier to convert to Islam or some other religion than to remain a Christian, the "plastic Christians" robbie talks about will fall away like leaves in autumn. The persecution of Christians is coming, mark my words. A new holocaust of epic proportions.
    Not that i'm an expect or even have a clue but i doubt it's hard to convert from Christianity, especially in 'the west' where people aren't relying on the church for basic necessitates.

I'll leave the over the top holocaust comment alone.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 16:32

Probably some other false religion, like Hinduism before she realizes that
    true Christianity is different from the cult forms. Hopefully, she will awake
    soon enough to the truth.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 18:35

five thousand? That's a lot. I hope they don't change their mind, they'll be risking their life.
  6. England
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 18:541 edit
    ok but will they stay in this land or go to a islamic taking there men with them
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:11
    Originally posted by stoker
    ok but will they stay in this land or go to a islamic taking there men with them
    I would imagine this factoid is the result of non-Muslim women converting in order to marry Muslim British men. I don't really see why they would "go to a islamic [land]", as you put it, if they are British.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Probably some other false religion, like Hinduism before she realizes that
    true Christianity is different from the cult forms. Hopefully, she will awake
    soon enough to the truth.
    Hinduism is better than Christianity IMO... there has been no brutal wars in the name of hinduism... there have been in the name of christianity.
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:28
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Hinduism is better than Christianity IMO... there has been no brutal wars in the name of hinduism... there have been in the name of christianity.
    Maybe not but Christianity promotes equality where as hinduism has generation after generation of certian families living as servants to the other families- that's horrible.
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:40
    5000 people in a population of 62 million is 0.008% of the population.
    And while I am concerned at the number and type of theists in this country,
    5000 people is such a tiny drop in the ocean that its hardly worth noticing.

The figures below are not accurate, but do show what a piddlingly small minority
    the Muslim religion is in this country.

Incidentally the 'no religion' portion is actually larger as it has been shown that many
    people answer the question on the census with 'Christian' for cultural reasons rather
    than their actually being a believer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom#Religion
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 19:46
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Maybe not but Christianity promotes equality where as hinduism has generation after generation of certian families living as servants to the other families- that's horrible.
    I have to disagree with the idea that Christianity promotes equality.
    You don't even have to go through history to see inequality in Christianity,
    simply looking at it as practised today you find inequalities abounding.

Think treatment of, women, homosexuals, atheists, and other religions.
    To name but a few.

However if you do look at history, you might be amazed at the number of people
    living as servants of other's, all of whom would profess to be Christian.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:07
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You keep beating the same old drum about Christianity and the wars and the people who were killed over it.

You should realize that all the people involved in war crimes and murderous acts while claiming the cloak of Christianity were evil people. They can say they're Christians all they want. Doesn't make it so.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 20:19
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    5000 people in a population of 62 million is 0.008% of the population.
    And while I am concerned at the number and type of theists in this country,
    5000 people is such a tiny drop in the ocean that its hardly worth noticing.

The figures below are not accurate, but do show what a piddlingly small minority
    the Muslim religion is in this country.

In ...[text shortened]... being a believer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_Kingdom#Religion
    I said 5000 women, not people.

And you can't include children in your stats, they're hardly going to change religions.
    There's 51m people in the UK aged 15+ /2 = around 25m woman. I couldn't find stats for 18+ population but 15+ will do.

0.2% of the female population 15 years old or above. Hardly a small number if the trend continues, is 50,000 or 2% of total population worth noticing?

Considering theres estimated to be only 1.6m Muslims in the UK (2009) and the Islamic repressive reputation towards woman, 5,000 is a staggeringly high number of woman from the UK choosing to freely convert.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 01:10
    5000 woman from the UK converted to Islam last year
    Is that pounds or kilos?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 01:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would imagine this factoid is the result of non-Muslim women converting in order to marry Muslim British men. I don't really see why they would "go to a islamic [land]", as you put it, if they are British.
    They may have to if they want to see their children.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree