Ratzinger is oh so sweet but not as high as Henry Drummond🙂
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 12:23
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Ratzinger is oh so sweet but not as high as Henry Drummond🙂
    Did you ever read anything by Ratzinger?
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 12:40
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Did you ever read anything by Ratzinger?
    Recently I read this:

"Q: Homosexuality is a topic that regards love between two people and not just mere sexuality. What can the Church do to understand this phenomenon?

Cardinal Ratzinger: Let me say two things. Above all, we must have great respect for these people who also suffer and who want to find their own way of correct living. On the other hand, to create a legal form of a kind of homosexual marriage, in reality, does not help these people.

Q: Therefore you judge negatively the choice made in Spain?

Cardinal Ratzinger: Yes, because it is destructive to the family and society. The law creates morality or a moral form, since people habitually think that what the law affirms is morally allowed.

And if we judge this union to be more or less equivalent to marriage, we have a society that no longer recognizes either the specific nature of the family, nor its fundamental character; that is to say, the nature of man and woman which is to create continuity -- not only in a biological sense -- for humanity.
    For this reason the Spanish decision does not provide a real benefit to these people since in this way we are destroying the fundamental elements of an order of law."

Well?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 12:53
    Recently I read this:

"Q: Homosexuality is a topic that regards love between two people and not just mere sexuality. What can the Church do to understand this phenomenon?

Cardinal Ratzinger: Let me say two things. Above all, we must have great respect for these people who also suffer and who want to find their own way of correct living. On the oth ...[text shortened]... ple since in this way we are destroying the fundamental elements of an order of law."

Well?
    Well, I'd say it's much better than John Paul II's "ideology of evil" comments.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 12:54
    Recently I read this:

Cardinal Ratzinger: Let me say two things. Above all, we must have great respect for these people who also suffer and who want to find their own way of correct living. On the oth ...[text shortened]... ple since in this way we are destroying the fundamental elements of an order of law."

Well?
    Well sure he would say that, he doesn't want his gay priests who now get off on choir boys to get married to each other....
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 12:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well sure he would say that, he doesn't want his gay priests who now get off on choir boys to get married to each other....
    cmon Son dude, nobody's perfect (the Pope included) 🙂
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:00
    Well, I'd say it's much better than John Paul II's "ideology of evil" comments.
    Yeap, but he still lives in the past Pal dude;
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:03
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The entire premise of this criticism is kind of naive.

So if there were various embellishments of a creation account that predate the Christian Gospel , that proves exactly what ?

So if Moses wrote down something thousands of years ago which had similiar characteristics to other pre-Moses accounts, that's suppose to prove that Moses played copycat ...[text shortened]... e to adjust for local needs. Many similar legends do not prove that Genesis copied one of them.
    Of course you would say it proves the opposite. The fact that there are literally thousands of totally different creation tales around the world means there is no common ground and it means the early 6 day tale was simply plagiarism pure and simple, it was passed down the generations and a totally different religion (Judaism) took it on as their own and so on down the generations to today. It is still one of the least creative stories going on, some of them are really creative, the 6 day tale is just one of many and why it ended up in the OT is a mystery to me, other than the fact it was plagiarism pure and simple. I suspect the people who stole the idea just were not world travelers and only saw their little village and just got together and said to each other, "Moshe", we have to get our own thing going, I like that 6 day tale though.....
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:03
    Yeap, but he still lives in the past Pal dude;
    I agree, my friend. Particularly regarding abortion and homosexuality.

But, what I'm trying to say here, is that he's often painted as a turn towards conservativism and I think that, with a few exceptions, it's actually the opposite.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:05
    I agree, my friend. Particularly regarding abortion and homosexuality.

But, what I'm trying to say here, is that he's often painted as a turn towards conservativism and I think that, with a few exceptions, it's actually the opposite.
    We agree;
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:24
    cmon Son dude, nobody's perfect (the Pope included) 🙂
    What? I thought the pope was infallibibble, to quote Patrick Sky🙂
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 13:45
    What? I thought the pope was infallibibble, to quote Patrick Sky🙂
    Infalibubble!
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 14:16
    Why out of all the possible creation myths going on for thousands of years, every tribe and city of ancient times had their own myth, why did christianity settle on this one? I saw the 6 day creation tale on a papyrus dated about 4000 years old in the Cairo Museum in Egypt and it was thousands of years old then, originally coming from an even older religion ...[text shortened]... d and a lot of it falls squarely on the shoulders of these religious right wing wack jobs.
    I suggest when you read the OT and NT you'd see the answer for
    yourself.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree