1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Aug '18 23:25
    Originally posted by @secondson
    You know karoly doesn't know what he is, don't you?

From what I've read of him it appears he's more of a pan-polytheist than anything else.
    I know exactly what I am. I'm a sound-light vibration who doesn't like labels. I live by Christian values and love the essence of all religions.
    Your speculation is woeful
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Aug '18 23:26
    Originally posted by @fmf
    He did what he did. I didn't use the word "merely". What you claimed is "biblically unacceptable" clearly is not.
    Jesus did what He did for a reason other than for providing a means for people to get drunk. Nothing in the narrative suggests He did.

Getting drunk is against what the Bible says about drinking whether you think so or not.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Aug '18 23:28
    Jesus did what He did for a reason other than for providing a means for people to get drunk. Nothing in the narrative suggests He did.

Getting drunk is against what the Bible says about drinking whether you think so or not.
    Why did He do it?
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Aug '18 23:35
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I know exactly what I am. I'm a sound-light vibration who doesn't like labels. I live by Christian values and love the essence of all religions.
    Your speculation is woeful
    You've confirmed what I said. "Sound-light vibration" is spurious, and has no relevance to sound understanding of what we are, and is all in your mind. What's left of it.

I live by Christian values and love the essence of all religions.

Like I said. You're a pan-polytheist.

There's only one way to God. His way, and on His terms.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Aug '18 23:38
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Why did He do it?
    I was getting to it chaney. Be patient. 😉

I won't elaborate. I'll say it in the most basic way. God is saving the best for last.

Think it through and put two and two together.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Aug '18 23:40
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Nice dodge. My questions were very simple too.
    I doubt you remember the questions without looking back and rereading your posts.

I answered your questions. You just don't like the answer.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '18 23:55

Jesus turned water into wine because some drunk people at a wedding wanted to drink even more. In terms of Jesus' own action, you cannot claim that getting drunk being "biblically unacceptable".
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Aug '18 00:14
    Jesus turned water into wine because some drunk people at a wedding wanted to drink even more. In terms of Jesus' own action, you cannot claim that getting drunk being "biblically unacceptable".
    Your pontifications notwithstanding your understanding of the account falls woefully short.

In the account you will find that it was said of the host that it was common practice to serve the best wine first, but instead the best wine was served after the wine ran out.

In spite of the fact that you disbelieve the Bible, Satan serves up the best he has in terms of what enslaves people, and when they are consumed by carnal pursuits in hopes of satisfying the flesh Satan finishes them off and they are destroyed.

But those of us "...who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality,..", and obey the gospel of Jesus Christ, eternal life.

Too bad you never really believed. You'll miss out on the best which Jesus is saving for last.

But it's never too late while you live.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '18 00:23
    Your pontifications notwithstanding your understanding of the account falls woefully short.

In the account you will find that it was said of the host that it was common practice to serve the best wine first, but instead the best wine was served after the wine ran out.

In spite of the fact that you disbelieve the Bible, Satan serves up the best he h ...[text shortened]... miss out on the best which Jesus is saving for last.

With what Jesus did at that wedding in mind, one cannot claim that getting drunk is "biblically unacceptable". Your personal belief in some kind of supernatural being called "Satan" does not alter this.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Aug '18 00:47

In spite of the fact that you disbelieve the Bible, Satan serves up the best he h ...[text shortened]... miss out on the best which Jesus is saving for last.

When you have nothing to say ... Shut up ,, moron.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Aug '18 00:52
    With what Jesus did at that wedding in mind, one cannot claim that getting drunk is "biblically unacceptable". Your personal belief in some kind of supernatural being called "Satan" does not alter this.
    What would "alter" everything for you would be if you were converted and born again. Then you'd know the truth and be free as I am having supernatural understanding of the true meaning of God's Word.

It's not what you think it is.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Aug '18 00:53

I'm leaning towards agreement with FMF on this.

If there were people at a wedding who were nearly drunk, or already drunk, and they ran out of wine....what statement is Jesus making by providing more wine?? That it's okay to be drunk, and continue drinking.

If He was trying to make a different point, it doesn't dismiss the fact that lots of people got drunk and had Jesus to thank.

How do we know what debauchery may have taken place after the wedding?
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Aug '18 01:03
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    When you have nothing to say ... Shut up ,, moron.
    Let me know when you have something to say concerning the topic, genius.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Aug '18 01:19
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I'm leaning towards agreement with FMF on this.

If there were people at a wedding who were nearly drunk, or already drunk, and they ran out of wine....what statement is Jesus making by providing more wine?? That it's okay to be drunk, and continue drinking.

If He was trying to make a different point, it doesn't dismiss the fact that lots of people go ...[text shortened]... nd had Jesus to thank.

How do we know what debauchery may have taken place after the wedding?
    There's nothing in the narrative that suggests anyone was drunk, and even if there were it would be contrary of the rest of scripture which prohibits drunkenness.

Furthermore, the idea that Jesus turned water into wine so that people would sin by getting drunk is of the evil one.

It's polluted thinking. An irrational and illogical construct of a reprobate mind.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '18 01:461 edit
    Furthermore, the idea that Jesus turned water into wine so that people would sin by getting drunk is of the evil one.
    And yet your scripture depicts him as turning water into wine so that drunken guests could have even more wine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree