1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 04:25
    Originally posted by menace71
    Man Hamburgers are damn good!!! 🙂 Got to get your meat !!

http://www.thesqueezeinn.com/

http://www.in-n-out.com/

http://daviswiki.org/Redrum_Burger used to be called murder burger

Manny
    I believe the eating of meat, like a great many other things in "modern society" is removed.
    What I mean to say is that the consumer is removed from the process of killing or processing the animal. Children aren't told that they are eating dead pig when we make them a ham sandwich.
    I promote organic farming of animals for their meat, but, as with other capitalistic ventures, the health of the "product" is not nearly as important as the bottom line.

Vote with your pockets, ladies and gentlemen. Every purchase is sending a message to the consumer watchdogs, and the world will change for the better, because the people will demand it.
    Buy organic meat and vegies where possible. Cut out the middle man where possible. Grow your own everything where possible. These three tenets should be high on any serious persons agenda with regards to " seeking a spiritual life."(or something like that 😛 )
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 05:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I believe the eating of meat, like a great many other things in "modern society" is removed.
    What I mean to say is that the consumer is removed from the process of killing or processing the animal. Children aren't told that they are eating dead pig when we make them a ham sandwich.
    I promote organic farming of animals for their meat, but, as with othe ...[text shortened]... s persons agenda with regards to " seeking a spiritual life."(or something like that 😛 )
    No argument with what your saying. I actually think we were not meant to eat meat anyway because were not true carnivores like say Lions or wolves or what have you.
    However to say one is going to hell or whatever the trip is that vishvahetu is saying is stupid. We live in a dying world. We need to eat to live.

Manny
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 06:01
    No argument with what your saying. I actually think we were not meant to eat meat anyway because were not true carnivores like say Lions or wolves or what have you.
    However to say one is going to hell or whatever the trip is that vishvahetu is saying is stupid. We live in a dying world. We need to eat to live.

Manny
    Excuse me, I have not said persons who kill animals are going to hell.

You are dishonest for saying so.

I have said... if you kill and are cruel to animals you will not go to this heaven you are so desperately trying to go to.

And I have said that killing is sinful.

Saying killing is sinful, does not mean persons are going to hell.

The fires of hell are a Cristian invention.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 06:502 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

I have said... if you kill and are cruel to animals you will not go to this heaven you are so desperately trying to go to.

Hell was talked about in the O.T. so the Jews knew of it first.

Edit: I like how you say dishonest. He probably just made a mistake or it was a misunderstanding.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 07:22
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes.....but when I said what I said, I actually mean its a Bible thing, and Christianity is a Bible thing.

So if i restate what I mean....I will say instead, that this hell and the fires within, are a Bible thing. OT and NT.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 07:47
    Yes.....but when I said what I said, I actually mean its a Bible thing, and Christianity is a Bible thing.

So if i restate what I mean....I will say instead, that this hell and the fires within, are a Bible thing. OT and NT.
    So do you think there is a hell at all? Please respond.

Also look at my edit in my last post.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 08:15

Edit: I like how you say dishonest. He probably just made a mistake or it was a misunderstanding.
    His comment was quite clear in his accusation....if it was a mistake, let him come forward and say so, in which case all is forgotten.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 08:37
    His comment was quite clear in his accusation....if it was a mistake, let him come forward and say so, in which case all is forgotten.
    I thought you said a while back you were leaving the site soon - was that a lie?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 08:45
    So do you think there is a hell at all? Please respond.

Also look at my edit in my last post.
    The Vedic teachings also talk of hell

Hellish life, hellish conditions.....but there is no such place where the souls are subjected to flames and lakes of fire for eternity.

This is fabrication from the Bible. (or a misunderstanding)

The Vedic teachings describe hell, fire and suffering, but this is in the ethereal world where everything is an illusion.

So the descriptions of hell and fire, are of an illusionary place that does exist, but in an illusion.

Like dreaming....you are falling of a building (but it is an illusion)

Why does such place exist?

Because as I have explained before, everyone creates their reality by the thoughts they think, the deeds they do, and the words they speak.

So if a person has thoughts of hell before they die, and they believe that they will experience that.....(then they will) because they have created it, but it is temporary moment (a split second) in reality, because time in an illusion is a million times more than in reality.

Why does a person think of hell before they die....because they have believed it their whole life, from what they have been taught from the Bible or Koran, and they have now created that reality in the moment after their death.

And because God cannot send people to such a place, (it doesn't exist in reality) instead it all takes place within an illusion created by ones self.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 18:36
    LOL.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 18:52

There was no reason to call Manny dishonest there
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 18:58
    The Vedic teachings also talk of hell

Hellish life, hellish conditions.....but there is no such place where the souls are subjected to flames and lakes of fire for eternity.

This is fabrication from the Bible. (or a misunderstanding)

The Vedic teachings describe hell, fire and suffering, but this is in the ethereal world where everything is an ...[text shortened]... doesn't exist in reality) instead it all takes place within an illusion created by ones self.
    I've had this problem before so maybe we could flesh it out a bit.

If we create our own universe , can we create an actual hell,(where there is eternal suffering)?
    I think not. Only purgatory. The true nature of God wouldn't try to condem any soul to eternal punishment.
    It goes against the laws of evolution.

But then we come back to creation, and being co-creators of our world. Are our minds so powerful that we can actually create a real hell?
    Surely some universal technicality forbids it.
    (Also sounds like the "Can god make a rock so heavy" arguement)
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 19:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I've had this problem before so maybe we could flesh it out a bit.

If we create our own universe , can we create an actual hell,(where there is eternal suffering)?
    I think not. Only purgatory. The true nature of God wouldn't try to condem any soul to eternal punishment.
    It goes against the laws of evolution.

But then we come back to creation, an ...[text shortened]... l technicality forbids it.
    (Also sounds like the "Can god make a rock so heavy" arguement)
    We create our own universe by way of creating the conditions, perceptions, rules, laws, wrong and right, good and bad....and everybody is doing it all the time.

Two persons walking down the street may live in very different universes.

Two persons even in the same family may be perceiving different universes.

A person believing in the fires of hell their whole life, and living a life of crime and violence, may believe hell is waiting for them after death, so this belief will cause them to experience the hell of their believing.

The hell is not real, but a dream of their own dreaming and it is only temporary.

Yes God does not condemn, God cannot condemn for God is infinite love.

Men can condemn and will condemn if their hearts are hard.

Persons who have compiled the Bible and Koran have condemnation in their hearts, and it is why they have falsely attributed condemnation to the Lord.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 07:12

So is eating an animal and being cruel to an animal the same thing? By way the ok Not hell but not heaven either so if you did not say hell sorry.

Manny
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 07:501 edit
    So is eating an animal and being cruel to an animal the same thing? By way the ok Not hell but not heaven either so if you did not say hell sorry.

Manny
    No problem all forgotten.....

This killing thing has many angles to it.

1 .Something is alive...... and we do not have the right to end its life.

2. Being killed is unpleasant.

3. Animals can smell death around them in the slaughter house, and become fearful.

4. Animals are treated badly when transported and kept in storage, before being killed.

5. killing is bad karma for the person doing the killing.

6. killing stops spiritual advancement for the killer.

7. killing is a sin according to true religion.

8. meat diet is not healthy.

All of the above brings suffering to the animal

Eating an animal means you are implicated in the whole process of the slaughter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree