1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:01
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Why don't you give me your interpretation of the old testament and I'll give you mine. The same question you keep asking Chaney3 I think is very applicable to you. Have you decided whether you are a Christian yet? If you are one what do you think you are achieving by bashing the beliefs of other Christians?
    Oh dear, hiding behind posters like Lemon Lime and flicking out the "Christian bashee" slogan isn't going to get you off hook. Surely you can think of a better comeback than this!

You go on and on relentlessly that the only axis to true morality is to be rooted in universal truth and In another thread you recently indicated that it is OK for god to kill children.

So I'm asking you, is the killing of children children universally morally acceptable or not? It's a simple question.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:031 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Abortion is morally wrong.

But this is not the point of your 'plot', is it...
    You want to argue over some OT passages, don't you...

You have claimed to be a 'Christian' in order to draw in and elicit honest responses from real Christians. You hope to get them talking and keep them talking until you find some reason to level accusations.
    You're a ...[text shortened]... only be successful with new Christians (new to being a Christian) who are also new to this site.
    You really need to keep up Lemon Lime. Try spending less time defending your vain, thin-skinned, narcissistic, bigoted President and read up on Fetchmyjunk.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:05
    Originally posted by josephw
    Try and post a plot worth following.

[b]"Is the killing of children universally morally wrong or not?"

That just could be the most ignorant question I've seen ask in these forums to date.[/b]
    It's addressed to Fetchmyjunk who seems to think that it's OK for god to kill children.

Are you going to accuse me of being a Christian basher again?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:07
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    But this is not the point of your 'plot', is it...
    You want to argue over some OT passages, don't you...

You have claimed to be a 'Christian' in order to draw in and elicit honest responses from real Christians. You hope to get them talking and keep them talking until you find some reason to level accusations.
    You're a 'team player', and I have littl ...[text shortened]... only be successful with new Christians (new to being a Christian) who are also new to this site.
    What do you mean by "successful"?
    What team is the "other side"?
    Are you a Christian Lemon Lime? How do we know?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:07
    You should consider stand up comedy as a viable career.
    You shouldn't.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Oh dear, hiding behind posters like Lemon Lime and flicking out the "Christian bashee" slogan isn't going to get you off hook. Surely you can think of a better comeback than this!

You go on and on relentlessly that the only axis to true morality is to be rooted in universal truth and In another thread you recently indicated that it is OK for god to k ...[text shortened]... the killing of children children universally morally acceptable or not? It's a simple question.
    Oh so you think I'm on your hook? Think again. I take it then your Christianity is only true for you and does not apply to anyone else. At least that makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:151 edit
    It's addressed to Fetchmyjunk who seems to think that it's OK for god to kill children.

Are you going to accuse me of being a Christian basher again?
    Yes and you think that you can hold God accountable for manslaughter? Is that correct?
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:22
    You really need to keep up Lemon Lime. Try spending less time defending your vain, thin-skinned, narcissistic, bigoted President and read up on Fetchmyjunk.
    Would you care to direct him to your blog that you have written on me so that he can 'read up' on me.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:32
    Would you care to direct him to your blog that you have written on me so that he can 'read up' on me.
    Is the killing of children universally morally acceptable?

Yes or no?
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:35
    Is the killing of children universally morally acceptable?

Yes or no?
    I refer you to my answer on the Hitler thread. As well as the question directed at you that you have not answered.

http://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/hitler.171350/page-70
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 10:22
    I refer you to my answer on the Hitler thread. As well as the question directed at you that you have not answered.

http://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/hitler.171350/page-70
    You didn't answer the question on that page you just blanked is out and used your usual tactic of firing questions back.

It's a yes or no response and it's amusing that after months of you blithering on and on an on about "universal truth", that you can't answer it. I guess one good thing is we won't have to hear it anymore. 😉
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 11:431 edit
    You didn't answer the question on that page you just blanked is out and used your usual tactic of firing questions back.

It's a yes or no response and it's amusing that after months of you blithering on and on an on about "universal truth", that you can't answer it. I guess one good thing is we won't have to hear it anymore. 😉
    By universal to you mean it applies to God as well? It don't think it has to. Take the statement "Jesus died for the sins of the world". Is this a statement of universal truth? I think it is yet it doesn't apply to God. Jesus didn't die for God's sins since he doesn't have any. 🙂
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:03
    By universal to you mean it applies to God as well? It don't think it has to. Take the statement "Jesus died for the sins of the world". Is this a statement of universal truth? I think it is yet it doesn't apply to God. Jesus didn't die for God's sins since he doesn't have any. 🙂
    Very good.

Wasn't the issue of universal wrongness about torturing babies "for fun"?
    The terminating of a baby's life (not for sheer amusement) may sometime be good.

But it would be a very, VERY difficult scenario for me to imagine.
    And I wouldn't like to have to make the decision about that because my wisdom is limited.

A difficult scenario though, doesn't mean an absolute moral standard does not exist.
    The difficulty demonstrates that human wisdom is limited. It does not follow that God's wisdom is limited.

On one hand the limited wisdom of man does not let him off the hook that he can have anarchy and moral lawlessness. On the other hand no code of instructions either from man or from God (perhaps) is adequate to enable man to navigate through every hypothetical situation out of an infinite combination of particulars.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:12
    Oh so you think I'm on your hook? Think again. I take it then your Christianity is only true for you and does not apply to anyone else. At least that makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up.
    You're on the "hook" for claiming that it is OK for god to murder children but not having the balls to state wether this is one of your "universal truths" or not.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:14
    I don't mean anything by it, it's your phase, your ideology, not mine.
    You have claimed that it is ok for your version of god to murder children.

Is this behaviour a univeral moral truth!

Yes or no?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree