1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:141 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Very good.

Wasn't the issue of universal wrongness about torturing babies "for fun"?
    The terminating of a baby's life (not for sheer amusement) may sometime be good.

But it would be a very, VERY difficult scenario for me to imagine.
    And I wouldn't like to have to make the decision about that because my wisdom is limited.

A difficul ...[text shortened]... to navigate through every hypothetical situation out of an infinite combination of particulars.
    So is murdering children universally morally acceptable in your view?
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:182 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You didn't answer the question on that page you just blanked is out and used your usual tactic of firing questions back.

It's a yes or no response and it's amusing that after months of you blithering on and on an on about "universal truth", that you can't answer it. I guess one good thing is we won't have to hear it anymore. 😉
    Sooo, after months of him blithering on and on you wanted him to do what... to continue blithering on and on? But then you say it's a good thing to not hear it anymore.

( pregnant pause )

You seem to be a bit confused, or perhaps conflicted. But this may be a good thing... it indicates the possibility (however slight) that a small glimmer of light may have penetrated several layers of dank dark dense fog and lit up a small corner somewhere deep down within the putrid mudpit morasses of your mindscape.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:20
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Sooo, after months of him blithering on and on you wanted him to do what... to continue blithering on and on? But then you say it's a good thing to not hear it anymore.

pregnant pause

You seem to be a bit confused, or perhaps conflicted. But this may be a good thing... it indicates the possibility (however slight) that a small glimmer of ligh ...[text shortened]... fog and lit up a small corner somewhere deep down within the dark mudpit morasses of your mind.
    Have you decided whether your think murdering children is an acceptable universal moral absolute, or not?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:23
    You seem to be a bit confused, or perhaps conflicted. But this may be a good thing... it indicates the possibility (however slight) that a small glimmer of light may have penetrated several layers of dank dark dense fog and lit up a small corner somewhere deep down within the dark mudpit morasses of your mind.
    Hey you're the one defending Trump in the general forum, and presumably elsewhere, so I hardly think you are in a good position to talk about other people being in layers of fog and in a dark mud pit.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:31
    Have you decided whether your think murdering children is an acceptable universal moral absolute, or not?
    I decided a long time ago that abortion is wrong.
    It was never considered an 'option' for any of my kids.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:34
    Hey you're the one defending Trump in the general forum, and presumably elsewhere, so I hardly think you are in a good position to talk about other people being in layers of fog and in a dark mud pit.
    Trump?

Oh, that's right, this thread is all about Trump... what in the world was I thinking?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:421 edit
    Trump?

Oh, that's right, this thread is all about Trump... what in the world was I thinking?
    You seem to think this thread is all about abortion when it's not. Maybe you are getting confused with Thread 171626.

The "murdering children" notion here stems from Fetchmyjunk defending genocide on another thread where the Hebrews supposedly were not morally unsound to murder children because they later wrote an account of it in which they claimed their god figure had told them he wanted them to do it.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:45

The difficulty demonstrates that human wisdom is limited. It does not follow that God's wisdom is limited.
    Human wisdom is indeed limited, but it does not follow God's wisdom is therefore not limited. After all, it is man who has endowed Him with omniscience.

Take for example my view of my father when I was a child. - My father knew everything and was the most powerful person in the world. But this hero worship didn't change the fact he was neither all wise or all powerful. Far from it.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    You seem to think this thread is all about abortion when it's not. Maybe you are getting confused with Thread 171626.

The "murdering children" notion here stems from Fetchmyjunk defending genocide on another thread where the Hebrews supposedly were not morally unsound to murder children because they later wrote an account of it in which they claimed their god figure had told them he wanted them to do it.
    Oh, so you mean to say this is what divegasser was alluding to?
    So I was right, he was alluding to some OT passages!
    I must be some kinda mindreader or sumptin like dat dontcha know...
    (dontcha know?)

Explaining the obvious isn't necessary, or particularly interesting, but thanks anyway for trying.
    You deserve an award for Meritorious Trying.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:10
    Oh, so you mean to say this is what divegasser was alluding to?
    So I was right, he [b]was
    alluding to some OT passages!
    I must be some kinda mindreader or sumptin like dat dontcha know...
    (dontcha know?)

Explaining the obvious isn't necessary, or particularly interesting, but thanks anyway for trying.
    You deserve an award for Meritorious Trying.[/b]
    He pointed out that you'd got the wrong end of the stick early on but you blundered on about abortion regardless. There is an ongoing thread about that.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:12
    You're on the wrong thread with this. You have missed the point.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:13
    Abortion is morally wrong.
    You should perhaps take this to the "abortion" thread.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:341 edit
    So is murdering children universally morally acceptable in your view?
    No. I don't think this is the case. And I don't think that is what my post said.

But I agree with Fetchmyjunk that you should be sure that you clearly respond to questions asked of you, if you want to hold others' feet to the fire of examination.

Should we start a thread "@divegeester" in reciprocation underlying some of your aggravating methods of discussion as well ?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:421 edit
    But I agree with Fetchmyjunk that you should be sure that you clearly respond to questions asked of you, if you want to hold others' feet to the fire of examination.
    I suppose the fact you've never reprimanded Fetchmyjunk for the incessant way he doesn't answer questions, doesn't answer his own questions, and completely ignores what people say in discussions, can be put down to some kind of loyalty/partisanship on your part and the fact that it makes you seem rather casually dishonest yourself is just the price you are willing to pay.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:491 edit
    It was never considered an 'option' for any of my kids.
    Why do you keep talking about abortion specifically.

FMJ Thinks it is ok to murder children if god does it. How about you Limey; Is murdering children an acceptable universal moral absolute?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree