1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:541 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    No. I don't think this is the case. And I don't think that is what my post said.

But I agree with Fetchmyjunk that you should be sure that you clearly respond to questions asked of you, if you want to hold others' feet to the fire of examination.

Should we start a thread "@divegeester" in reciprocation underlying some of your aggravating methods of discussion as well ?
    This thread is not about "other questions" or "holding feet to fire" (which incidentally, is an interesting choice of metaphor by you) , this thread is about FMJ and his constant, incessant whining about moral absolutes and univeral truths.

FMJ claims that murder children is ok , if it is God doing the murdering. What do you say, is murdering children an acceptable moral absolute?

Is you saying "no I don't think this is the case", you being unequivocal? Or are you introducing "the case" as though there is a "case" to be debated about your view of murding children? If so what "case"?

It's a yes or no response because it's "universal". This is the way of Fetchmyjunk.
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 14:44
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do you keep talking about abortion specifically.

FMJ Thinks it is ok to murder children if god does it. How about you Limey; Is murdering children an acceptable universal moral absolute?
    Actually God does not commit murder, he gives life and he takes life.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 14:501 edit
    You're on the "hook" for claiming that it is OK for god to murder children but not having the balls to state wether this is one of your "universal truths" or not.
    Murder: the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

So no God does not murder kids. I have never claimed he does.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 14:59
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk

You have said that it is ok for you god to kill children and not ok for humans to do it. So, killing children cannot be an acceptable universal moral absolute. So much for your univeral truths argumentation.

Point made.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 14:591 edit
    Actually God does not commit murder, he gives life and he takes life.
    Is it ok for me to "take life"?

What about if god commands me to "take life"?

Univeral moral absolute?
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 15:032 edits
    You have said that it is ok for you god to kill children and not ok for humans to do it. So, killing children cannot be an acceptable universal moral absolute. So much for your univeral truths argumentation.

Point made.
    So by your logic if killing children cannot be an acceptable universal moral truth, then it means that universal truths don't exist? Is this the point you think you have made? So in other words you think the statement "universal truths don't exist" is a universal truth? Bit of a self-defeating point don't you think?
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 15:071 edit
    Is it ok for me to "take life"?

What about if god commands me to "take life"?

Univeral moral absolute?
    God decides what is the lawful taking of life and what isn't. I can't know for sure whether he told you or not so I can't judge.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 16:10

So, you want to get God off the hook on a technicality?!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 17:51
    God decides what is the lawful taking of life and what isn't. I can't know for sure whether he told you or not so I can't judge.
    And yet you've been judging FMF on this basis for hundreds of posts, over multiple threads for months and months.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 18:20
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    So, you want to get God off the hook on a technicality?!
    If it's your court than won't actually be necessary.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 18:221 edit
    And yet you've been judging FMF on this basis for hundreds of posts, over multiple threads for months and months.
    Ah so now I see what this is about. Actually I think you have the wrong end of the stick, FMF didn't kill any kids. And I wasn't judging him. We were talking hypothetical situations.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 20:20
    Ah so now I see what this is about. Actually I think you have the wrong end of the stick, FMF didn't kill any kids. And I wasn't judging him. We were talking hypothetical situations.
    Is it universally morally acceptable to kill children.

Yes or no.

😉
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 03:38
    Is it universally morally acceptable to kill children.

Yes or no.

😉
    Morally acceptable for whom in what situation? 😉
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 04:316 edits
    This thread is not about "other questions" or "holding feet to fire" (which incidentally, is an interesting choice of metaphor by you) , this thread is about FMJ and his constant, incessant whining about moral absolutes and univeral truths.

That's interesting. FMJ's posst always seem rather conversational to me.
    Whining out into the air is much more the kind of thing you do a lot of.

FMJ claims that murder children is ok

I would not trust your description of someone's opinion.
    My experience with you is that you have not built up that kind of trustworthiness in representing other people. I could not easily trust you to really accurately portray someone's viewpoint with whom you are having a debate.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 05:112 edits
    You're on the "hook" for claiming that it is OK for god to murder children but not having the balls to state wether this is one of your "universal truths" or not.
    You are putting the word 'murder' into my mouth. You are the one claiming that God 'murders' children. Murder is unlawful by definition. Have you decided whether or not you are a Christian? As a Christian, do you think it is unlawful for God to take a life that he has given? If so, according to whose law? Your own?

As a Christian, do you believe none of God's laws are universal?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree