1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 07:56
    "The liar's punishment is not that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." - George Bernard Shaw
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 13:45
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    "The liar's punishment is not that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." - George Bernard Shaw
    "The secret is to cook the aubergines the day before and let them dry of all the oil they drank in cooking." - Nana Mouskouri
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 14:10
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    "The secret is to cook the aubergines the day before and let them dry of all the oil they drank in cooking." - Nana Mouskouri
    "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
    - Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 14:161 edit
    "The danger of the past was that men became slaves. The danger of the future is that man may become robots."
    Erich Fromm
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
    - Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign.
    That's like a license plate I saw - "One nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day."
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Morally acceptable for whom in what situation? 😉
    Your dodging and prevarication is all I'm seeking to underline your inability to defend your "universal truth" notions.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 20:33
    You are putting the word 'murder' into my mouth. You are the one claiming that God 'murders' children. Murder is unlawful by definition. Have you decided whether or not you are a Christian? As a Christian, do you think it is unlawful for God to take a life that he has given? If so, according to whose law? Your own?

As a Christian, do you believe none of God's laws are universal?
    You are the one who said is was morally acceptable for god to kill children.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 22:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your dodging and prevarication is all I'm seeking to underline your inability to defend your "universal truth" notions.
    Did you find what you were seeking?
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 22:282 edits
    You are the one who said is was morally acceptable for god to kill children.
    You won't find what you're not seeking, so don't worry about it. If you don't want it, then God will withhold it from you.

You won't even have to see it or be aware of it.
    It could be sitting right there, in front of you, but if you don't want it and aren't seeking it then it will remain hidden from you. God is able to do that, He can hide anything from you in plain sight. So relax, you won't have to deal with it until your body reaches its expiration date. After that you're on your own, with only your own resources to rely on...
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 03:55
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    You won't find what you're not seeking, so don't worry about it. If you don't want it, then God will withhold it from you.

You won't even have to see it or be aware of it.
    It could be sitting right there, in front of you, but if you don't want it and aren't seeking it then it will remain hidden from you. God is able to do that, He can hide anything fr ...[text shortened]... s its expiration date. After that you're on your own, with only your own resources to rely on...
    Your opinion of my Christianity means nothing to me; you seem to under the impression that that I somehow hold your opinion in high value...like you do.

You also seem to forget that I (and others) have caught you bare-faced lying in these forums a couple of years ago, and as the Bible states that Satan is the father of all lies, you ought to reflect on the possibility that you and I are brothers. According to the weasel carrobie, I too am a son of Satan. 😉
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 03:581 edit
    You are putting the word 'murder' into my mouth. You are the one claiming that God 'murders' children. Murder is unlawful by definition. Have you decided whether or not you are a Christian? As a Christian, do you think it is unlawful for God to take a life that he has given? If so, according to whose law? Your own?

As a Christian, do you believe none of God's laws are universal?
    I think you are a troll; I've said it several times. Your notion of universal truths doesn't move me, I'm just interested in pointing out the holes in your silly argumentation.

Please carry on with your moralising on why God killing children is acceptable to you.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 04:27
    I think you are a troll; I've said it several times. Your notion of universal truths doesn't move me, I'm just interested in pointing out the holes in your silly argumentation.

Please carry on with your moralising on why God killing children is acceptable to you.
    So in your mind, if 'thou shalt not kill' is not a universal truth, then it means universal truth doesn't exist? Surely you see the gaping hole in your own argument?

By the way, if you don't view Christianity to be universally true, why are you a Christian and not a Hindu or a Jew? Or are you still deciding if you are a Christian or not?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 04:491 edit
    So in your mind, if 'thou shalt not kill' is not a universal truth, then it means universal truth doesn't exist? Surely you see the gaping hole in your own argument?

By the way, if you don't view Christianity to be universally true, why are you a Christian and not a Hindu or a Jew? Or are you still deciding if you are a Christian or not?
    This thread is about your claims not mine.

Please carry on explaining why you believe that god killing children is morally acceptable to you, but is not (one of your) universal moral standards?
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 05:16
    This thread is about your claims not mine.

Please carry on explaining why you believe that god killing children is morally acceptable to you, but is not (one of your) universal moral standards?
    Gotcha. So your Christianity is only true for you and does not apply to everyone. Go take the piss with someone else.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 05:22
    Gotcha. So your Christianity is only true for you and does not apply to everyone. Go take the piss with someone else.
    Oh dear, you seem upset Fetchmyjunk.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree